Home

What can Brown do for you? (CH2k8)

This is a discussion on What can Brown do for you? (CH2k8) within the Basketball Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Basketball Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-05-2015, 02:37 AM   #505
MVP

VandyRedskins21's Arena

OVR: 18
Re: What can Brown do for you? (CH2k8)

Welp I've been playing these games like crazy and never took the time to post the games. Anyways, just finished the season and let me say that it was pretty crazy! Can't wait to let y'all in on what happened.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-10-2022, 01:45 PM   #506
MVP

VandyRedskins21's Arena

Wow this was seven years ago when I last posted in this! I got to thinking about it last night and went back and read through it all. It's funny I started this over ten years ago but still vividly remember these players and even specific plays and moments!

I ended up playing a few more seasons with Ball State on this legacy and then I lost all of my save files a couple of years back and lost everything. We ended up winning not one, but TWO NCAA CHAMPIONSHIPS!

The first one was against New Mexico State. I was home for christmas break and had to have been around 3 in the morning. We were up 89-84 (yes it's been 6 years or so but I still remember the score!) with about 15 seconds left. New Mexico State hit a 3 to cut it to 2 with about 7 seconds left. They stole the ball and after a couple of quick passes, it found their star player (I want to say his name wis Nic Galos?) open for 3 in the corner! He was a like an 87 from 3pt, a 90 clutch, and a senior. Basically the last person in the country I wanted to see with the ball. Germain Emerson, our star post player closed out as hard as he could from the block but wasn't able to fully contest the shot. Galos was 2-4 from 3 up until that moment and the shot rattled around the rim and out! It took about 10 seconds or so for it me to process what had happened!

The second championship came 3 seasons later. I do not remember the team we played. We had a star post player, Jimmy Atchinson who was a 7'0 PF that could shoot the 3. He averaged something like 25 PPG for us and had a couple of 40 point games. He had more or less single handedly carried us to the championship. About 2 minutes into the game, he broke his foot and would not return for the rest of the game. We were neck and neck throughout the game and it was tied with us having the ball in the last possession. I don't remember what we ran, but I remember our 2 guard, Herschel Frederick, getting a kickout 3 in the corner wide open and knocking it down at the buzzer!

All in all, this was an incredibly fun legacy and it was thrilling to win a couple of national championships in coach mode. I still play this game but haven't done coach mode in years.

I currently have a legacy going where I am in year 22 and have yet to make it to a sweet 16! I post about it in the college hoops 2k8 discord that is active and has a great community of people!

I hope everyone reading this gets the same joy from this game that it has given me. I started playing CH 2k8 back in March, 2008 and it is still my most played video game! I started playing this game in 8th grade in hopes of being a basketball coach and now I'm a grown man who's a husband who also coaches basketball!

Here is the discord link for anyone interested: https://discord.gg/PHJVWD46
Old 05-10-2022, 03:39 PM   #507
MVP

studbucket's Arena

OVR: 8

That's fantastic, thanks for the update - and +1 on the Discord being great

🏈RIFLE - a dystopian football league.

🏀Bringing Back the Buzz - my first dynasty.
Old 05-10-2022, 09:03 PM   #508
MVP

VandyRedskins21's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by studbucket
That's fantastic, thanks for the update - and +1 on the Discord being great
Yeah I thought it would be a nice wrapup to it since I never ended it the way I would've liked to

And anytime that I can plug the discord, I will
Old 09-07-2022, 07:30 PM   #509
Rookie

HeyCoRT's Arena

OVR: 2

You're a legend man!!

NBA2K16- 76ers 2015-2016 season (33-22) The process scrapped, its time to win and wait for EMBIID!
College Hoops 2k8 Career Of John Chaney II (check out and follow)

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Basketball Dynasties »