Home

Under The Bright Lights: A 2K17 MyLeague

This is a discussion on Under The Bright Lights: A 2K17 MyLeague within the Basketball Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Basketball Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-18-2017, 01:29 PM   #41
MVP

Knickerbocker91's Arena

OVR: 9
2016-17 Season, Game 6 - vs Utah

CUE THE MUSIC
Utah dominants the interior sending New York to third straight loss

November 6, 2016

New York, NY -- Joe Johnson led the Utah Jazz with 21 points, six rebounds, and six assists as they toppled the New York Knicks 99-87 earning just their second win of the season.

Utah has been without star Gordon Hayward since the beginning of the season, as he is sidelined with a broken finger. Guard Alec Burks has been injured as well, coming off knee surgery in the off-season. The two combined for 33 points a game last season and the lack of scoring has been evident for Utah so far as they score just 93.6 points a game - third worst in the league.

With their scoring woes, Utah turned up the defensive intensity forcing New York to turn the ball over 15 times and and grabbed 19 offensive rebounds as they never trailed in the entire game.

"They can out with a fire that we just didn't match." said Knicks head coach Jeff Hornacek. "They limited us to one shot a possession and their guys were grabbing offensive boards all day. You can't win playing the way we did defensively, we need to fix that quick."

With guards Derrick Rose and Brandon Jennings still injured, the Knicks were short handed when it came to scoring options. Carmelo Anthony led all scorers with 25 points and nine assists, and Kristaps Porzingis added 24 points and 12 rebounds, but only one other Knick scored in double figures.

New York made several attempts to climb back into the game, cutting a once 15 point lead down to just six as the third quarter came to an end. But with the bench unit starting the fourth quarter, Utah swelled the lead back up 13 and New York never threatened again.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-20-2017, 12:36 AM   #42
MVP

Knickerbocker91's Arena

Weekly News - 10/30/16 - 11/05/16

THE WEEK THAT WAS: VOL. 1

November 6, 2016

There's only been two weeks in the NBA season but the headlines have come fast and plenty. There's only one undefeated team left, and it's not Golden State or Cleveland. Speaking of Golden State, the Durant-Westbrook love-hate story premiered its first chapter Thursday night with surprising results. With so much to dive into, let's take a look back on the week that was.

THREE HOTS

1. Charlotte Hornets -- They may have needed overtime on Thursday to take down a bad team like Brooklyn, but the Hornets are the lone undefeated team two weeks into the season at 5-0. The Hornets have utilized a group effort in their strong start, with four players averaging at least 15 points a game - and Kemba Walker is on the bottom of that totem pole. Nicolas Batum is leading the way with 19.0 PPG, 5.8 RPG, and 6.0 APG, Marvin Williams is adding 17.6 PPG and 8.4 RPG, Frank Kaminsky has returned for an off-season injury to put up 17.0 PPG and 8.5 RPG in two games, and Walker is averaging 15.4 PPG, 6.6 APG, and 2.2 SPG. The well rounded squad is getting contributions from the #1 guy all the way down the end of the bench, and could surprise many as the season continues.

2. Blake Griffin -- With all the hype surrounding players like LeBron James, Kawhi Leonard, James Harden, Anthony Davis, and Russell Westbrook, it's easy to not have Griffin be the first name come to mind when thinking of the NBA's elite. Griffin must have realized this because he has started the season on a mission. He recorded two triple doubles this week - a 18 point, 12 rebound, 16 assist performance against Phoenix and then a 14 point, 10 rebound, 17 assist game against Oklahoma City. He's averaging 18.8 PPG, 9.7 RPG, and 9.5 APG, joining Westbrook and James as the only players flirting with averaging a triple double so far this season. Griffin has never averaged more than 5.3 APG in a season yet is currently sixth in the NBA in dimes. He's averaging more assists than Chris Paul. Maybe we're getting too excited after only two weeks, but that's still amazing to see.

3. Russell Westbrook -- Round 1 of the Thunder-Warriors this season did not disappoint, in fact it stunned many and Oklahoma City dropped Golden State 114-93. Westbrook had 33 points, 11 assists, and seven rebounds while former teammate Kevin Durant had just 15 points and Steph Curry had 19 but shot just 3-of-11 from three. Westbrook is averaging 29.7 points, 10 rebounds and 9,8 assists through the Thunder's first six games. Those numbers rank him second, 24th, and third in the NBA. Oh and don't forget his got 2.8 SPG, good for a tie for sixth. The Thunder are definitely Westbrook's team now, and he's got the early lead for MVP in my opinion.

THREE NOTS

1. Sacramento Kings -- The only reason the Kings are here instead of the Heat is because Miami defeated Sacramento 110-83 on Tuesday. Why was Miami in the running? They scored six points in the entire first quarter in a 110-70 loss to San Antonio. Yeah it's the Spurs, but six points and 32% shooting from the floor is bad. But we're not here to rag on them, it's the Kings who the shame stick shall slap. Sacramento shot 31% (take that Miami) against Orlando in a 110-66 loss, their sixth straight loss to start the season. Granted, they've won two straight since AND held Milwaukee to the shooting woes in a 94-75 victory (how I'm still not sure, the Kings outscored the Bucks 12-8 in the second quarter. I would have burned my ticket). Maybe it's not all bad, Darren Collison is still serving his suspension and will come back soon, while DeMarcus Cousins has fouled out of three games at least he hasn't earned any technical fouls, and Ty Lawson is leading the team in points and assists a season after many assume his career was hurtling down the back nine at breakneck speed. There's hope yet Sacramento, but that start to the season wasn't pretty.

2. Nerlens Noel -- It looks like Noel isn't sold on Trusting the Process. The third year man out of Kentucky has been the least productive of the 76ers bigs with Dario Saric, Joel Embiid, and Jahlil Okafor all averaging roughly the same playing time. Noel is averaging just 6.3 PPG and 7.8 RPG and shooting a miserable 31% from the floor. To top is all, Noel has already been quoted as saying he wouldn't mind testing the free agency waters this off-season. It's clear the logjam of big man is frustrating him and he feels like it's stunting his growth.

3. Marc Gasol -- Gasol makes the list not for his performance but moreso bad timing. With Chandler Parsons set to return in the next game for Memphis, Gasol fractured his right hand will be sidelined for the next 4-6 weeks. Gasol has played at least 80 games every other season of his career but he'll end that trend this season as he'll probably miss possibly 20 games in that time frame. Gasol was playing well too, averaging 21.1 PPG, 8.9 RPG, and 6.3 APG for the Grizzlies. His absence will definitely put them in a tough position considering how tough the Southwest Division is when everyone is healthy.

INJURY REPORT

- Ish Smith (DET) will miss 1-2 weeks with a sprained left toe
- Justin Anderson (DAL) will sit for 1-2 weeks with sprained right knee
- Kyle Singler (OKC) is out 1-2 weeks with a hyper extended left elbow
- Robin Lopez (CHI) is out for 1-2 weeks with a twisted left knee

This should have been an update before the game against Utah,
but the game doesn't give me headlines for the day until a game is played on the next day after. Now that I'm aware of it, I'll make the next one update in order.

Old 04-20-2017, 01:49 AM   #43
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Under The Bright Lights: A 2K17 MyLeague

I love the presentation and your style of writing. Please do continue!
Old 04-20-2017, 12:32 PM   #44
Designated Red Shirt

trekfan's Arena

Look at the Timberpups! Seems like Thibs is having good luck with them early in the season. We'll see if his intensity ends up wearing them down by the end of it all.

Sad about Gasol, though -- dude is a standup guy and really talented, very underrated when spoken of. Playing with Memphis after being (basically) a throw-in for his brother, he's surpassed all expectations; would like to see him get a ring but I think he's a franchise guy, much like Kobe/Dirk/Duncan -- I can't see him playing for anyone else. Dude's a Grizzly forever.
Old 06-21-2017, 01:41 PM   #45
MVP

Knickerbocker91's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kumode
I love the presentation and your style of writing. Please do continue!
Thanks I appreciate it! All the moves being made leading up to the draft got me wanting to play some more so I will definitely continue. Wish I hadn't stopped honestly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by trekfan
Look at the Timberpups! Seems like Thibs is having good luck with them early in the season. We'll see if his intensity ends up wearing them down by the end of it all.

Sad about Gasol, though -- dude is a standup guy and really talented, very underrated when spoken of. Playing with Memphis after being (basically) a throw-in for his brother, he's surpassed all expectations; would like to see him get a ring but I think he's a franchise guy, much like Kobe/Dirk/Duncan -- I can't see him playing for anyone else. Dude's a Grizzly forever.
Yeah, Minnesota's off to a hot start and 2K seems to love them. KAT, Wiggins and LaVine are a solid core, they just need another piece or two to develop and they'll crack the playoffs in the West sooner than later.

As for Gasol, kinda wish he was injured before playing us lol. Does suck to see him go down, Memphis won't be the same without him. I can't see him going anywhere either, though Memphis can't seem to find the right pieces to add for him.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-21-2017, 01:42 PM   #46
MVP

Knickerbocker91's Arena

2016-17 Season, Game 7 vs Brooklyn

Old 06-21-2017, 01:49 PM   #47
Designated Red Shirt

trekfan's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knickerbocker91
Yeah, Minnesota's off to a hot start and 2K seems to love them. KAT, Wiggins and LaVine are a solid core, they just need another piece or two to develop and they'll crack the playoffs in the West sooner than later.

As for Gasol, kinda wish he was injured before playing us lol. Does suck to see him go down, Memphis won't be the same without him. I can't see him going anywhere either, though Memphis can't seem to find the right pieces to add for him.
Conley isn't a bad PG, I think he and Gasol work wonderfully together. It's just that both Gasol and Conley feel like "1B" type of guys -- Betas, essentially. If you replaced Conley with Westbrook, that'd be a hell of a pairing.

Memphis, being the small market that it is, really needed to hit on its draft picks there have been a lot of misses. Free agency hasn't helped, either -- Chandler Parsons was a definite miss and Vince Carter, amazing as he is at his age, was totally unexpected.

1 12 Xavier Henry USA SG Kansas
2010 1 25 Dominique Jones USA SG South Florida (from Denver, traded to Dallas)
2010 1 28 Greivis Vásquez VEN PG/SG Maryland (from L.A. Lakers)
2011 2 49 Josh Selby USA PG/SG Kansas
2012 1 25 Tony Wroten USA PG Washington
2013 2 41 Jamaal Franklin USA SG San Diego State
2013 2 60 Jānis Timma LVA SF BK Ventspils
2014 1 22 Jordan Adams USA SG UCLA
2015 1 25 Jarell Martin USA PF LSU
2016 1 17 Wade Baldwin USA PG Vanderbilt
2016 2 57 Wang Zhelin CHN C Fujian Sturgeons (China) (from Toronto)
Old 06-21-2017, 10:06 PM   #48
MVP

Knickerbocker91's Arena

Season 1, Game 8 - at Boston

Big matchups coming up next against Toronto. Melo (29.2) and DeRozan (25) are 1st and 5th in scoring in the NBA. Valanciunas and Noah are T-5th in rebounding (13). Porzingis (3) and Valanciunas (2.6) are 1st and 2nd in blocks. Melo and DeRozan currently make the 3rd and 4th most FGs a game. Which means Lowry is who I have to worry about the most with Rose and Jennings still out.

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Basketball Dynasties »