Home

#TheStormIsComing | A Nashville Expansion Story | NBA 2K17

This is a discussion on #TheStormIsComing | A Nashville Expansion Story | NBA 2K17 within the Basketball Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Basketball Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-30-2016, 02:13 AM   #17
MVP

orlegend0208's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: #TheStormIsComing | A Nashville Expansion Story | NBA 2K17

Huge September Trade

After 3 long weeks of negotiation, I was finally able to make the deal I'd wanted to make.

This was a gutsy move, but I was 100% convinced that we would come out of this trade as the clear winner when you look back at it in 10 years.

So this was the deal: I sent our 2017 1st Round Pick (Top 3 Protected), Hollis Thompson, Joffrey Lauvergne, and a 2019 2nd Round Pick to the Philadelphia 76ers for Joel Embiid, their 2018 1st Round Pick (Unprotected), and Jerami Grant.

I was very happy with this trade. Like, you have absolutely no idea.

Joel Embiid Trade.jpg

Now I know you may be wondering a couple things... Like why the trade negotiations took 3 weeks or why I gave up our 2017 1st Round Pick for a guy who was drafted two years ago and hasn't even played in a game yet.

The trade negotiations took 3 weeks because at first, I didn't like the deal they were bringing to the table. I offered our 2017 1st Round Pick to them straight up for Embiid, because of how much they coveted the pick and how badly I wanted Embiid.

The Sixers kept coming back with straight up awful counter offers... Finally, after 3 weeks we agreed to the deal you see above.

Now, I felt comfortable giving up our 2017 1st round Pick because of our off-season acquisitions.

I maybe a sunshine pumper due to the fact that I assembled this team... But, I think this could be a pretty damn good team. No, we don't have a star player or a go to guy that can put up 20+ points per game. But we have a lot young, talented players with tons of potential. On top of that, I think we have a pretty solid bench.

So, I felt comfortable giving up our 2017 1st Rounder because I feel that if we don't make the playoffs for some reason, we'll be pretty damn close... Like a 9 or a 10 seed in the East. Even if that were to happen and we kept our pick, we would never get a player near the caliber or potential of a guy like Joel Embiid.

And Philly really valued our 1st Round Pick... As they must have gotten us confused with Vancouver's trash team. So, I took full advantage of that in this trade.

Now onto Joel Embiid... We all know that Embiid has never played a game in the NBA due to two season ending injuries in back-to-back years. However, we're going to have him take it easy until the first game of the season and slowly but surely increase his minutes... Ya know, unless we absolutely need him to play more minutes of course.

Joel Embiid gives us that really quality Center I talked about before. At 22 years old he's got a ton of potential and he's very athletic for being 7'0", 255 lbs. Embiid might even have more potential than Myles Turner. But, that's if he can stay healthy. He's pretty good on the offensive side of the ball, when it comes to low post shooting and mid range shooting. However, what sticks out is his defense. He's an incredible rebounder and shot blocker. He'll be that defensive presence on the inside that we really needed in order to have a really good shot at making the playoffs.

Jerami Grant is a guy I didn't necessarily want.. But Philly kept offering him up in counter trades... So, if it meant getting Embiid and not giving up a major contributor on our team, then I was all for it. Grant is really good on the defensive side of the ball... However, he's probably the worst offensive Small Forward in the NBA. I'd rather have Festus Ezeli chucking up 3's than Grant. Hopefully while he's in Nashville he can develop his offensive game and become a major contributor for us.

So now that our roster was completed, we were ready to begin our inaugural season in the NBA.
Old 11-30-2016, 12:25 PM   #18
Pro

dfsJunkie's Arena

Looks very interesting
Old 11-30-2016, 12:42 PM   #19
MVP

orlegend0208's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfsJunkie
Looks very interesting
Thanks! Hopefully this season will live up to the hype!
Old 11-30-2016, 12:45 PM   #20
MVP

orlegend0208's Arena

Free Agency Recap

Last edited by orlegend0208; 11-30-2016 at 12:47 PM.
Old 11-30-2016, 02:28 PM   #21
MVP

orlegend0208's Arena

Reviewing Off-Season Goals: Meeting With Mr. Price

Today I had a meeting with our team owner, Mr. Price, about the goals he wants to reach for this upcoming season. To start off the meeting, we reviewed the goals he put in place when I first took the job in March.

Price: Thanks for coming in today Devin, let's get started. First of all, you remember my number 1 priority for this team. I want you to build us a winner. So, within 5 years I expect a Championship brought to Nashville.

Me: I wouldn't be here if I didn't think I could make that happen, Mr. Price. In fact, I won't be surprised if we get a championship sooner thanks to the talent we brought in this off-season.

Price: Excellent. It looks like you met the 2nd and 3rd goals I laid out for you. In case you forgot, my 2nd goal was for you to target young players with an average age of 25 in the expansion draft. My 3rd goal was for you to hire a top rated scout to head up our scouting department within 3 years. Yet,you did so in a week by hiring Don Carter. My 4th goal was for us to win our home opener. I expect you to help Brad Stevens and get the team fired up for that game.

Me: Yes, sir. I'll make sure I'll do whatever I can to make sure we win our first home game.

Price: My 5th goal was for you to target players 25 years and younger in Free Agency. Now you mostly did that, but you signed Brandon Jennings and traded for C.J. Miles...

Me: Sir, with all due respect, we need some veteran leadership on this team. So, I thought it was a no brainer to get Jennings and Miles on our team.

Price: You didn't let me finish. I was going to commend you on those moves for the very reason you just stated. The average age for our team is still under 25, so I'm fine with those moves... Now for my final goal. We're an expansion team and we need to make money. Hell, every team in every sport needs to be profitable. So do whatever you can to make this team profitable for at least the next three seasons.

Me: Will do.

Mr. Price cracked a smile

Price: I think I hired the right man for the job. With your roster moves and Coach Stevens' player development, I think we'll be a Championship caliber team in no time. That's all I have for you today.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-30-2016, 04:53 PM   #22
MVP

orlegend0208's Arena

2016-17 Nashville Storm Preview

Overall: 82
Offense: 82
Defense: 82
Power Rank: 29
GM Level: 8
GM Rank: 15
Fan Interest: 100%
Projected Profit: -$24,045,356

2016-17 Nashville Storm Roster
#NAMEPOSAGEHTWTSALARY
33Myles Turner (81)PF206'11240$2.46M
40Harrison Barnes (79)SF246'8210$20.96M
21Joel Embiid (79)C227'0250$4.83M
10Evan Fournier (78)SG246'7200$17.55M
6Jordan Clarkson (78)PG246'5186$10.59M
31Festus Ezeli (76)C276'11255$2.56M
0C.J. Miles (76)SF296'6222$4.58M
55Brandon Jennings (75)PG276'1169$3.07M
23Allen Crabbe (75)SG246'6210$5.38M
34Terrance Ross (75)SF256'7195$2.64M
39Jerami Grant (74)SF226'8214$980K
41Thomas Robinson (73)PF256'10237$2.50M
20Archie Goodwin (72)SG226'5198$2.09M
36Kevon Looney (70)PF206'9222$1.18M
28Skal Labissiere (70)C207'0246$798K

Nashville Storm Depth Chart- 2016-17
STARTER2ND3RD4TH
PGJordan Clarkson (78)Brandon Jennings (75)
SGEvan Fournier (78)Allen Crabbe (75)Archie Goodwin (72)
SFHarrison Barnes (79)C.J. Miles (76)Terrance Ross (75)Jerami Grant (74)
PFMyles Turner (81)Thomas Robinson (73)Kevon Looney (70)
CJoel Embiid (79)Festus Ezeli (76)Skal Labissiere (70)

Last edited by orlegend0208; 03-16-2017 at 02:07 PM.
Old 11-30-2016, 06:00 PM   #23
MVP

studbucket's Arena

OVR: 8

Really impressed with the roster. I think that team is immediately fighting for a playoff spot, maybe even 5 seed.

However, you dished out a lot of money, is there any concern you won't have the cash to pay Turner or someone else when their cheap deals are up?

🏈RIFLE - a dystopian football league.

🏀Bringing Back the Buzz - my first dynasty.
Old 11-30-2016, 08:20 PM   #24
MVP

orlegend0208's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by studbucket
Really impressed with the roster. I think that team is immediately fighting for a playoff spot, maybe even 5 seed.

However, you dished out a lot of money, is there any concern you won't have the cash to pay Turner or someone else when their cheap deals are up?
Thanks! I figure we will be a playoff team, but due to team chemistry we'll probably start off slow to begin the season...

But, to answer your question... Right now, my biggest concern is Embiid since he only has this year and next year left on his current contract. But, I already have a plan for what I'll do to be able to keep Turner and Embiid.

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Basketball Dynasties »