Home

Reed's NBA 2k17 Dynasty (Using SimWorld's "The League" Roster): The NEW NBA

This is a discussion on Reed's NBA 2k17 Dynasty (Using SimWorld's "The League" Roster): The NEW NBA within the Basketball Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Basketball Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-15-2017, 09:54 PM   #49
MVP

Reed1417's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Reed's NBA 2k17 Dynasty (Using SimWorld's "The League" Roster): The NEW NBA

Baltimore looks unstoppable at home against Omaha
The Baltimore Bullets just continue to roll this time defeating the Omaha Eagles at home 121-72. Carlito Fernandez and Chris Bishop Jr both finished with 20 plus points (Fernandez 24, Bishop 23) but it was Cam Jackson who ended up with Player of the Game for his 19 point, 16 rebound performance continuing a string of double-double games for the big man in the middle. The defense of Baltimore put clamps on the Eagles scoring holding them to a lousy 37 percent from the field and a dreadful 11 percent from deep. In the post game press conference Coach Reed said that he believes “defense wins championships and that was easy to see tonight”. The win moves the Bullets to 21-4 on the year and they finish the month of January undefeated and on a nine game win streak. They look to make it 10 in a row when they welcome former teammates Paco Venus and Justin Day to town as they will face the Alaska Snowstalkers on February 4th.

Game Media:
Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

January Wrap Up Report
Here we are at the end of January and we have seen some great basketball in this month as things are starting to heat up as we get closer to playoff time and with this short season, some teams will be getting a good amount of rest with the All-Star Break in 10 days. The big story of last month was Baltimore finishing January undefeated. They come into February on fire. Now let's take a look around the league before we get into the month of February.

Eastern Conference Standings:

Baltimore Bullets (21-4)

San Franciso Fire (13-4)

Pittsburgh Force (14-6)

Boston Colonels (11-6)

Orlando Neptunes (11-7)

Buffalo Braves (11-8)

Milwaukee Flying Squirrels (11-12)

Kansas City Knights (8-9)

Cincinnati Apes (7-8)

Tampa Dragons (8-10)

Richmond Rebels (7-9)

Louisville Lightning (5-12)

Toronto Huskies (5-13)

New York Empire (4-15)

Omaha Eagles (2-13)

Western Conference Standings

LA Waves (14-5)

Anaheim Gladiators (14-5)

New Orleans Phantoms (14-6)

Denver Black Bears (13-7)

Salt Lake City Wolves (12-6)

San Diego Surf (11-6)

San Antonio Devils (9-10)

Austin Outlaws (9-10)

Phoenix Tribe (9-12)

Dallas Tigers (7-12)

Alaska Snowstalkers (6-11)

Seattle Sonics (4-10)

Columbus Blue Jays (7-14)

Houston Rattlers (6-14)

Providence Gryphons (5-14)

News around the League

Ryan Stafford will be out 4-6 weeks with a dislocated shoulder. This could really hurt the Surf as they try to make that playoff push and get back in the top spot in the West.

Carlito Fernandez says on Twitter “Bullets are the best team in basketball, that's not cocky. Just a fact.”

Nyrie Staples is making a strong case for ROTY. Lockdown defense combined with his 19.7 PPG is making it really easy for some media people to give him the crown already. Staples himself says “Give it to me, no one is going to catch my play.”

Dunk Contestants have been announced: Treshawn Parker (Gladiators), J.R. Stafford (Colonels). DaMarion James (Flying Squirrels), DeAndre Gervin (Flying Squirrels)

Rameek Toole rumors are surfacing. Word is he is seriously considering leaving Buffalo in free agency at the end of the season.

Coach's Notes:
Undefeated! I did say it was one of my goals to finish a season undefeated, but I'll take a month! What a month this was! I gotta say this has been amazing to be apart of everything is clicking now. Our defense has been locking up teams, our highest point total allowed in January was the very first game of the month against the Tribe when they put up 101, and our lowest total was 67 against the Tigers. Our offense though....128 points was the highest this month! Can you believe it? Cause I can't but that's all about good shot selection and working together being in the right place at the right time to score when you are needed to. February is coming and I'm looking forward to our first game. It'll be great to see Paco and Justin again, this time in person on the court. I was hurt when they were let go before I got here. Would have loved to have both of them on this team.

Reed's WWE 2k23 Universe: Youtube Edition
https://forums.operationsports.com/f...e-edition.html

Last edited by Reed1417; 06-16-2017 at 10:07 AM.
Old 06-29-2017, 06:47 PM   #50
MVP

Reed1417's Arena

Bullets start off February with a huge victory
The Baltimore Bullets kick off February with a blow out 118-95 win over the Alaska Snowstalkers. As we have seen lately the offense of Baltimore continues to fire on all fronts shooting a scorching 58% from the field in this one. They dominated on defense as well holding the Snowstalkers to 44% and forcing 15 turnovers. Cam Jackson earns POTG with another sensational game. He ended the night with 23 points, 12 rebounds and was a force in the paint getting 7 blocks. In the post game press conference Jackson gave credit to his teammates for setting him up for the blocks saying “defense is all about talking with each other. Tonight was just a great team display in defensive talking.” The Bullets now move to 22-4 on the season and they are the first team to lock up a playoff birth. They continue to sit atop the East with the win streak now at 10 games. Baltimore will have one more game before the All-Star Break and it will be an away game as they travel to the Toyota Center to face the Houston Rattlers on February 7th on National TV.

Game Media:
Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Scores from Around the League for February 3rd

The Phantoms spook the Surf and get a big 95-77 win behind Elan Baylor's 24 points.

Omaha soars over the Rattlers 110-102 giving them three wins on the season.

Tampa uses an impressive second half to win in Kansas City against the Knights 112-98.
Thnd their fans home happy with a 106-93 win against the Austin Outlaws.

In a high scoring contest ROTY candidate Nyrire Staples caps off a big 37 point night with a buzzer beating three pointer to shock the Columbus Blue Jays and their home crowd. The Tribe win 125-122.

Providence picks up a 103-87 win at home against the Seattle Sonics. Dante Brown led the way with 34 points.

News/Headlines around the League

Paco Venus on the Snowstalkers nine game losing streak “It's cold around here, and I'm not talking about the weather either. We've still got time to redeem ourselves though.”

Wahkil Blackshear on Bullets' 10 game win streak, “Those guys are playing some great basketball right now. But last I checked we beat them and it's still the regular season.”

San Antonio will miss Damon Richardson due to injury. High Right Ankle Sprain out 4-6 weeks.

Coach's Notes:
And the good times continue to roll! It was great seeing Paco and Justin, I spoke to them before the game and told them how happy I was to finally be able to watch them in person. But once that game time buzzer sounded we put it on those guys and they never stood a chance....pause on that! But for real I love the way we are playing right now and hope we can continue to carry this the rest of the season because it's almost over! Gotta catch this plane to Houston and get our guys ready for the Rattlers.

Last edited by Reed1417; 06-29-2017 at 06:54 PM.
Old 07-06-2017, 03:50 PM   #51
MVP

Reed1417's Arena

Baltimore's defense leads the way in blowout win
The Bullets continue to fly as they defeat the Houston Rattlers by a wide margin, 112-69. As much as this was an offensive showcase for Baltimore, their defense showed up and sucked any energy the home fans had away early. They forced 18 turnovers, blocked eight shots and had 11 steals. They were aggressive all night long and the most points allowed in a quarter all night by them was 24. Truly an impressive performance from the defense. Cam Jackson once again is showing that he is more than the fourth best option on this team as he takes home Player of The Game with another double double. 26 points and 17 rebounds. The veteran Chris Bishop ended the night with 22 points and 5 rebounds. Carlito Fernandez struggled tonight only having 10 points, luckily they had plenty to go around. The win makes it 11 in a row for Baltimore as they head into All-Star Weekend with a 23-4 record.

Spoiler

Spoiler

Scores Around the League for February 7th

Austin defends home court beating the Buffalo Braves 102-98

Coach's Notes:
Domination man pure,utter destruction is what this was tonight! I have little words to describe how well we played but I'm going to do my best. I told the guys before we took the floor that I wanted them to “have fun and play hard” they did just that and then some. They know I like to play fast on offense and aggressive defense and they did that. This is what happens when we play like I know we can. Now finally it's time for All-Star Weekend! I'll be there to watch all the festivites and see how this All-Star Game goes. Just gotta hope no one gets hurt because you never want to see that this time of year. This is the fun part of the year where we all get to just enjoy each other's companny and the game we love so much.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-31-2017, 02:34 PM   #52
MVP

Reed1417's Arena

All-Star Weekend from New Orleans has come and gone! What a great weekend of basketball from the Stars and Elites game, to the three point shootout and dunk contest and finally the All-Star Game itself between the best of the East and the West! We here at NBA.com are going to give you a recap of all the action.

Elites beat Stars 81-80
This was a great game. Full of defense but also a few exciting moments. The last possesion was an amazing one that saw Aaiden Blackshear hit a floating layup buzzer beater to win the game and take home the MVP Award! The Stars were led by Rookie of the Year canidate Nyrie Staples as he finished the night with 23 points.

Zack Grinnage wins Three-Point Shootout
Saturday night got started with an exciting three point shootout! The best deep range shooters in the league showed off their skills. In the final round it came down to Desi Richardson, Jordan Sash and Zack Grinnage. Grinnage put together a great final two racks of shooting to win with 20 points.

J.R. Stafford wins Slam Dunk Contest
As always the Slam Dunk Contest lived up to the hype. This was a very close finish as going into the final round J.R. Stafford and Treshawn Parker were tied at 83. The final dunks for each four men paved the way for a one point finish. J.R. Stafford ended up winning with 125 points while DeAndre Gervin was right behind him with 124.

West defeat the East 155-148
What a game this was. Highlights galore from both sides. The West jumped out to a 28-6 lead but eventually the East were able to battle back thanks to efforts from Chris Bishop Jr, Carlito Fernandez and Dominic Campbell and get it back to within 10. Eventually though the West were too much and ran away at the end thanks to big buckets by game MVP Brandon Lewis who finished with 32 points. At the end of the game there were high fives and hand shakes all around from both sides.
Game Media:

All-Star Weekend was thrilling as we have come to expect from the great talent in this league. The second half of the regular season will get started on February 14th as the Boston Colonels will face the LA Waves. The Bullets only have two games left in the regular season, the first of which will be on March 16th as they travel to Salt Lake City to play the Wolves. Be on the lookout for the February Monthly Wrap Up as we get the second half of the NBA season rolling!

Old 08-06-2017, 03:30 PM   #53
MVP

Reed1417's Arena

February Wrap Up

We have reached the end of February and that means the playoff picture is getting clearer with just two months of play left in the regular season. We have seen a great month of basketball and we cannot wait to see what these last two months hold! Let's get into the wrap up of February and we will kick things off with the Standings in both conferences!

Baltimore Bullets (23-4)

San Francisco Fire (14-5)

Pittsburgh Force (15-7)

Boston Colonels (14-9)

Orlando Neptunes (12-8)

Buffalo Braves (14-11)

Tampa Dragons (12-11)

Milwaukee Flying Squirrels (12-12)

Kansas City Knights (9-11)

Cincinnati Apes (9-11)

Richmond Rebels (7-12)

Louisville Lightning (5-13)

New York Empire (6-15)

Toronto Huskies (6-17)

Omaha Eagles (4-16)

LA Waves (16-5)

Anaheim Gladiators (17-8)

Salt Lake City Wolves (16-7)

New Orleans Phantoms (16-7)

San Diego Surf (13-7)
Denver Black Bears (16-11)

San Antonio Devils (13-10)

Austin Outlaws (12-11)

Phoenix Tribe (12-13)

Dallas Tigers (8-14)

Columbus Blue Jays (9-16)

Alaska Snowstalkers (7-14)

Houston Rattlers (8-17)

Providence Gryphons (6-16)

Seattle Sonics (4-17)

These standings really show who the best teams in each division are. Some are playing at a cut above the rest including Baltimore who are riding a 11 game win streak and the Waves out in LA who are on a six game win streak. This leads us into our “If the playoffs started today” segment. The teams would look like this.....

East: Bullets, Fire, Force, Colonels, Neptunes, Braves, Dragons, Flying Squirrels

West: Waves, Gladiators, Wolves Phantoms, Surf, Bears, Devils, Outlaws

East: Cam Jackson

West: Marcus Domino

The only two teams to actually clinch playoff spots as of now are the Baltimore Bullets and Anaheim Gladiators. That is going to do it for this monthly wrap up. We'll be back at the end of March for that wrap up as the playoffs continue to get closer. Enjoy all the action folks! Things are heating up!

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Basketball Dynasties »