Home

NY State Of Mind [MyLeague 2k17]

This is a discussion on NY State Of Mind [MyLeague 2k17] within the Basketball Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Basketball Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-28-2017, 04:56 PM   #33
vf8
Just started!

vf8's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: NY State Of Mind [MyLeague 2k17]

Really like the storyline. Gonna be interesting how the Melo situation is handled. If you're looking for ways to get him in Houston, Brooklyn would be a great third team to get involved. They are looking to acquire talent quickly no matter what their contract looks like, so they probably would have some interest in taking Ryan Anderson if you didn't want his giant 2 year deal. Maybe something along the lines of

Melo and O'Quinn to Houston
Ryan Anderson and a Houston first to Brooklyn
Clint Capela, Trevor Booker, Trevor Ariza, Jared Uthoff and maybe a pair of second rounders to New York. Pretty sure that matches up salary wise lol

How many games do you plan on playing this season?
Old 07-29-2017, 11:38 AM   #34
Pro

Cruzerr's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by vf8
Really like the storyline. Gonna be interesting how the Melo situation is handled. If you're looking for ways to get him in Houston, Brooklyn would be a great third team to get involved. They are looking to acquire talent quickly no matter what their contract looks like, so they probably would have some interest in taking Ryan Anderson if you didn't want his giant 2 year deal. Maybe something along the lines of

Melo and O'Quinn to Houston
Ryan Anderson and a Houston first to Brooklyn
Clint Capela, Trevor Booker, Trevor Ariza, Jared Uthoff and maybe a pair of second rounders to New York. Pretty sure that matches up salary wise lol

How many games do you plan on playing this season?
I plan on playing every team once and then simming their other game.

I have been writing trades down and really trying to make decent ones but not one I have seen so far actually makes perfect sense for me. This one is good from Brooklyns and New Yorks point of view but Houston wouldn't agree giving up Capela and Booker.

Thanks for the comment though! I appreciate more ideas lol
Old 07-30-2017, 08:55 AM   #35
Pro

Cruzerr's Arena

Hey Everybody,

this is just a quick post about a bit of a change into this MyLeague.

I've decided to speed things up so that we get into the (potential) playoff and off-season antics quicker. So, this means that next month will include 3 game posts and obviously a chapter to keep things interesting. This will be the format (along with a few other things I have in mind) until the playoffs. Thanks!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-30-2017, 09:24 AM   #36
Pro

Cruzerr's Arena

[13-8] Portland Trail Blazers @ New York Knicks [12-11]

Anthony seals the deal
January 2, 2018

The fans in New York had no idea what was going to hit them.

A game full of twists and turns from the start. New York took a commanding lead in the first quarter, and it looked like they would keep at it, but Portland climbed back, playing some great defense. But there was one man, who they could not stop.

Carmelo Anthony went on a tear to keep his team in punching distance. No matter what looks they threw at him, he was unstoppable, piling points on and on. While Lillard and C.J seemed to have it under control, the game ran down to the last possession.

With 2.3 seconds left on the clock, the Knicks ran an inbound play. Porzingis got the ball to Melo, who left his defender behind the screen and drilled a fadeaway shot to win the game.

"Man, I just felt it tonight. Teammates were giving me the ball and I just let it fly. I feel like I am 10 years younger!" said Melo after the game.

The Knicks will face the Pelicans in their next game, while Portland has to host the Jazz.

Stats for the game:
Spoiler

Result vs Pelicans:
Spoiler
Old 07-31-2017, 03:33 PM   #37
Designated Red Shirt

trekfan's Arena

Good string of wins by the Knicks, there! Anthony didn't really show against NOLA but New York still won, which is a good sign.
Old 08-02-2017, 12:34 PM   #38
Pro

Cruzerr's Arena

[20-7] Milwaukee Bucks @ New York Knicks [13-16]

Knicks take down the leaders
January 15, 2018

The losing streak of New York finally came to an end, but at an expense of a team nobody expected to drop games.

Coach Jason Kidd was surprised how his team really struggled with the 1-2 punch of Anthony and Porzingis. "I told the guys after the poor first quarter that we can pull this game back, and the answered in the second. But the second half - we had no answers."

For the Knicks, they have had a bit of a losing streak, so the win was necessary to keep the playoff hopes alive going into the All-Star break. While the two leaders for them were the stars, Courtney Lee added a sensational shooting performance, going 5/7 from deep.

The Knicks will face the Suns in their next game, while the Bucks go up against the Nuggets.

Stats for the game:
Spoiler

Result vs Suns:
Spoiler

Last edited by Cruzerr; 08-02-2017 at 12:39 PM.
Old 08-02-2017, 04:17 PM   #39
Designated Red Shirt

trekfan's Arena

Melo seems to be falling off a bit -- where's that monster we saw earlier in the season?

Knicks might want to get that trade done ASAP. The team seems to be lagging a bit.
Old 08-02-2017, 04:46 PM   #40
Pro

Cruzerr's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by trekfan
Melo seems to be falling off a bit -- where's that monster we saw earlier in the season?

Knicks might want to get that trade done ASAP. The team seems to be lagging a bit.
Simming is destroying stuff - not gonna lie. It is quite two ways. I feel personally that "play-1-sim-1" is fine if the team was completely ready. However, since the team is lacking I just don't have the spark yet.

Maybe after a trade...?

Chapter post coming up now!

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Basketball Dynasties »