Home

Floyd Mayweather vs Miguel Cotto

This is a discussion on Floyd Mayweather vs Miguel Cotto within the Boxing forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Boxing
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-03-2012, 08:48 AM   #25
Text Battle Rec: 36-4

JerzeyReign's Arena

OVR: 43
Re: Floyd Mayweather vs Miguel Cotto

Yeah, this will probably turn into a pointless debate. I'll call him the Catch Weight King -- is that better?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-03-2012, 12:02 PM   #26
Hall Of Fame

JayBee74's Arena

OVR: 36

I should be a little interested in this fight but I'm not.
Old 02-03-2012, 01:10 PM   #27
Banned

OVR: 0

Wrong thread for a manny vs floyd debate.. but ill say this. and we can get back to the topic

Its kinda childish to call Manny steriod this and that.. but on some real stuff..

You have to just wonder about somethings the fight was first made.. two years ago

When OST was proposed there were 1 million excuses..

-he never got called out on it.. and those 1000 excuses to why not

-then he kept wanted it to be different days throughout the compromise 14 days out. 24 days out. so on and so forth.. Nothing on the night of the fight

-After a string of impressive victories.. he had a string of subpar performances an a fight vs marquez in which he lost handily

Then he or his camp famously said that testing is "no longer and issue" what does that even mean? Why was it an issue from the jump? How come no one is asking this very relevant question

The narrative has always been mayweather is duckin.. and people dont like mayweather so much to a point of irrationality that they wont even question some things.. Now it seem the tide has marginally changed
Old 02-03-2012, 04:22 PM   #28
Hall Of Fame

Money99's Arena

OVR: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by edaddy
Agreed and thats why I have a mild interest in this fight vs a Pac- bradley Fight. It will be interesting to see if Floyd can handle the 154 lbs against a bigger opponent, and also to see if he will stay in the pocket with a brutal body puncher like Cotto. I see this as a tough fight early on for Floyd and see him taking some wicked body shots. But Floyd will figure him out and break him down in the later rounds as Cotto tends to wilt. Floyd unanimous but tough decision. Might even get softened up for pac fight in November..
The only thing that intrigues me about this fight is the weight limit.
But even then, I don't see Mayweather losing more than a round or two.
I love everything about Cotto; his heart, personality, skills, etc.
But he's a different fighter since Margarito cheated and gave him his first L.

Mayweather's a very smart cookie. He's not going to risk that rich Pac fight against an opponent that would worry him.
He hand-picked Cotto for a reason.

BTW, how transparent is it that this fight, with an Arum fighter, was made so easily while splitting an atom seems easier than getting Pac and Floyd in a ring together.
Guaranteed some backdoor dealings occured. Arum tosses Floyd a big name that will surely attract a huge fan base on the Mexican holiday, but won't give him much trouble.
In return, Arum gets to build his dumb stadium and pump up Pac-Mayweather even more.

I'm starting to grow tired of boxing. It's exhausting defending this sport.
Old 02-03-2012, 05:04 PM   #29
Banned

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Money99
The only thing that intrigues me about this fight is the weight limit.
But even then, I don't see Mayweather losing more than a round or two.
I love everything about Cotto; his heart, personality, skills, etc.
But he's a different fighter since Margarito cheated and gave him his first L.

Mayweather's a very smart cookie. He's not going to risk that rich Pac fight against an opponent that would worry him.
He hand-picked Cotto for a reason.

BTW, how transparent is it that this fight, with an Arum fighter, was made so easily while splitting an atom seems easier than getting Pac and Floyd in a ring together.
Guaranteed some backdoor dealings occured. Arum tosses Floyd a big name that will surely attract a huge fan base on the Mexican holiday, but won't give him much trouble.
In return, Arum gets to build his dumb stadium and pump up Pac-Mayweather even more.

I'm starting to grow tired of boxing. It's exhausting defending this sport.
Dude the main reason this fight was made was because cotto left arum, and he's a good opponent(canelo is good but not ready yet) it's that simple. You sound as crazy as the people that are sure pacs on steroids with all this backdoor dealing conspiracy theory nonsense. I mean seriously, you've gotta be kidding me. Who else could floyd fight if he cant' fight pac in may? I remember people saying he's too scared to fight canelo but then when there was a rumor that he would people were saying that he was picking an easy inexperienced opponent. So what's wrong with cotto? Especially at the weight cottos comfortable with? People really go out of their way to discredit anything he does, it's ridiculous. Cottos a tough opponent.

Last edited by GHOSTFACE03; 02-03-2012 at 05:07 PM.
Old 02-03-2012, 06:30 PM   #30
Banned

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by GHOSTFACE03
Dude the main reason this fight was made was because cotto left arum, and he's a good opponent(canelo is good but not ready yet) it's that simple. You sound as crazy as the people that are sure pacs on steroids with all this backdoor dealing conspiracy theory nonsense. I mean seriously, you've gotta be kidding me. Who else could floyd fight if he cant' fight pac in may? I remember people saying he's too scared to fight canelo but then when there was a rumor that he would people were saying that he was picking an easy inexperienced opponent. So what's wrong with cotto? Especially at the weight cottos comfortable with? People really go out of their way to discredit anything he does, it's ridiculous. Cottos a tough opponent.

It is pretty crazy the man is undefeated and only had a few close fights.. So everyone is easy.. Also about Canelo.. hes an unproven commodity.. no matter who floyds picks ppl will nit pick at it..Whether it was fighting marquez. finally getting to shane after shane ducked him.. yet ppl said may did.. or fighting a young hungry bull in ortiz. i hope one day people will learn to seperate the feelings they have of his "PERSONA" and the media BS and what goes on between the ropes
Old 02-03-2012, 09:12 PM   #31
Pro

Control-X's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by GHOSTFACE03
Dude the main reason this fight was made was because cotto left arum, and he's a good opponent(canelo is good but not ready yet) it's that simple. You sound as crazy as the people that are sure pacs on steroids with all this backdoor dealing conspiracy theory nonsense. I mean seriously, you've gotta be kidding me. Who else could floyd fight if he cant' fight pac in may?
If not Pac, the world of boxing wants him to face Sergio Martinez, who has long been calling him out, but he picked up Cotto instead.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdBloodedAssassin
It is pretty crazy the man is undefeated and only had a few close fights.. So everyone is easy.. Also about Canelo.. hes an unproven commodity.. no matter who floyds picks ppl will nit pick at it..Whether it was fighting marquez. finally getting to shane after shane ducked him.. yet ppl said may did.. or fighting a young hungry bull in ortiz. i hope one day people will learn to seperate the feelings they have of his "PERSONA" and the media BS and what goes on between the ropes
Floyd always wanted to be the sport's modern bad boy, the master trash-talker in boxing (ala the present-day Muhammad Ali). But unlike the great Muhammad Ali, Floyd Mayweather was never loved by many for very obvious reasons.

Dr. J
1976_Bird 1986_Magic 1987_Chuck 1993_Pip 1994_MJ 1996_GP 1996_Shaq 2000_AI 2001_Kobe 2006

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-03-2012, 09:24 PM   #32
Pro

Control-X's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Bad Man
miguel cotto's one tough pug and i love the man but i just don't see him victorious.

i hope i'm wrong but he'll only become floyd's 43rd defeated opponent after they fight on the 5th of may in the year of our Lord, 2012.

in the end... Floyd Joy Mayweather, Jr.

43 - 0

Floyd Mayweather vs. Miguel Cotto:
43 - 0

Floyd Mayweather vs. Manny Pacquiao:
42 - 1

Floyd knows how to choose wisely. Smart move in picking Cotto for a fight, a non-threatening opponent. LMAO

Dr. J
1976_Bird 1986_Magic 1987_Chuck 1993_Pip 1994_MJ 1996_GP 1996_Shaq 2000_AI 2001_Kobe 2006

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Boxing »