Home

Floyd Mayweather vs Miguel Cotto

This is a discussion on Floyd Mayweather vs Miguel Cotto within the Boxing forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Boxing
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-05-2012, 10:41 AM   #65
Rookie

ThuggyD55's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Floyd Mayweather vs Miguel Cotto

Is this PPV?
If not what channel?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-06-2012, 12:11 PM   #66
Pro

Control-X's Arena

OVR: 15
Re: Floyd Mayweather vs Miguel Cotto

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyreeii
I think Cotto will give Floyd a decent fight (better than Victor Ortiz) and he MAY even catch Floyd once or twice. But those 2-3 good shot he will land won't make a difference because Cotto has never been a one punch knockout artist, Victor Ortiz was more dangerous in this regard.

Where I differ from you is in the Bradley Pacquiaio fight. I think Bradley will give Manny some problems. Look at his fight with Junior Witter and Devon Alexander, both of them are southpaws and they are fast. Bradley was able to negate their speed AND in my personal opinion, I think Devon COULD be faster than the current version of Manny. so, ask yourself this, fi Marquez was able to land and fight Manny effectively, what will a faster Timothy Bradley do? Yes, Tim prob will not be able to hurt Manny BUT he hits hard enough to make fighters tentative and we all know what happens when/if Manny becomes tentative, nevermind the fact that Manny's punch output is dropping, he has lost a little on his fastball and lately he has been complaining of cramping. All those signs point to a fighter who is beginning to breakdown. I could be wrong (I REALLY hope I am) but I doubt it. I really want to see Manny and Floyd fight, we have not had any "superfights" in a long time.
You're right but it's not just Manny. Both him and Floyd are getting old and are similarly breaking down in some ways. Floyd's footwork and punch output may not be clearly dropping but his agility lost a bit, he's not as quick as he was 2 years ago. I dont think Victor Ortiz could even land a single jab if only he was fighting a younger version of Floyd Mayweather Jr. Manny and Floyd gone downhill every second everyday and I'm afraid this "superfight" we dream of may become just a "normal" fight if these aging boxers ever come to an agreement in the end.

Dr. J
1976_Bird 1986_Magic 1987_Chuck 1993_Pip 1994_MJ 1996_GP 1996_Shaq 2000_AI 2001_Kobe 2006

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Boxing »