Home

Boxing videogame campaign, do you want another boxing game?

This is a discussion on Boxing videogame campaign, do you want another boxing game? within the Boxing forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Boxing
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-05-2013, 06:19 AM   #65
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: Boxing videogame campaign, do you want another boxing game?

What they need to do is come out with a better controller for sports games for the nex-gen systems. If they come out with the right controller they are going to have a much easier time making a great boxing game.

Last edited by gravity62; 02-05-2013 at 06:53 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-05-2013, 07:21 AM   #66
MVP

OVR: 39

Quote:
Originally Posted by gravity62
What they need to do is come out with a better controller for sports games for the nex-gen systems. If they come out with the right controller they are going to have a much easier time making a great boxing game.
I was born in 1970. I was around Shane Mosley and Shannon Briggs as an amateur. I sparred many known contenders. My uncle(trainer) use to visited Muhammad Ali training camp alot.

A controller or it's configuration isn't what's going to give us a realistic representation of boxing. The gameplay is key. They need to accurately represent each boxer's strengths, weaknesses, capabilities, styles and tendencies. The "Anaerobic Fatigue", stamina and conditioning are a huge factor too. It could be the difference between an arcade fighter and a Sim(realistic) boxing game.
Old 02-05-2013, 07:57 AM   #67
Rookie

That's cool!... What weightclass did you fight at?

A couple of years ago I weighed as much as 292. And i actually got down to as much as 142 as my walk around weight without training at 5'11 and a half. Me? I was born in '81 in Philly. My boxing name is Golden Ridgley.
Old 02-05-2013, 08:17 AM   #68
Rookie

Cool Re: Boxing videogame campaign, do you want another boxing game?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHAKYR
A controller or it's configuration isn't what's going to give us a realistic representation of boxing. The gameplay is key. They need to accurately represent each boxer's strengths, weaknesses, capabilities, styles and tendencies. The "Anaerobic Fatigue", stamina and conditioning are a huge factor too. It could be the difference between an arcade fighter and a Sim(realistic) boxing game.
The controller, the system it's on, and the controll scheme can easily make or break a sports game. With the right controller (and by the right controller I mean more buttons) we can actually get more of those variables in the game that make boxing so unpredicable. Like a button for thumbing someone in the eye for instants, or more controll over where the your punches land, etc. I have some serious ideas for this game, and you do too as i see.
Old 02-05-2013, 08:55 AM   #69
Rookie

Talking Re: Boxing videogame campaign, do you want another boxing game?

Quote:
Originally Posted by gravity62
That's cool!... What weightclass did you fight at?

A couple of years ago I weighed as much as 292. And i actually got down to as much as 142 as my walk around weight without training at 5'11 and a half. Me? I was born in '81 in Philly. My boxing name is Golden Ridgley.
When I was young at like 7 years old I had two pair of boxing gloves, some water weights (bench press, barbells), and maze bag (one of those ones with a wooden plank), and I used a stairs banister as a pullup bar. I did road work and everything at that young. I was a great boxer for my age, actually phenominal for my age. But everybody used to box in Philly in the 80's. My next door neighbor that was I was cool with was Terence "KO" Lewis. I saw him fight a few times on ESPN, and he even fought Michael Moorer. Well... anyway... we used box on my porch, for four rounds. I had fast hands like Sugar Ray Leonard and Meldick Taylor when i was young, but now I fight like a mixture between Sugar Ray Robinson, Sugar Ray Leonard, Oscar De La Hoya and Pernell Whitaker and i punch like Gerald McClellan. Who do you fight like if you had to compare yourself to another fighter? If I fight, i'll start at featherweight then work my self up to welterweight. I never fought amateur or pro, but i really don't need amateur experience because i been fighting all my life since age 7. I had awsome fights when i was young. What about you? What was your best fight?

Last edited by gravity62; 02-05-2013 at 09:09 AM.
Old 02-05-2013, 09:01 AM   #70
Rookie

Icon6 Re: Boxing videogame campaign, do you want another boxing game?

I once fought an 8th grader when i was in the 4th for about 5 minutes, trowing cominations toe to toe and never got even touched by a punch. I'd like to hear some of your pro stories, man.
Old 02-05-2013, 10:08 AM   #71
MVP

OVR: 3

In the 70's you had Ali, Frazier etc.... Heavyweights ruled even though there were good lighter fighters like Duran, Galindez, Monzon & Napoles. 80's the heavys weren't as strong but every other division had a star!!!! Tyson was the last fighter everyone knew about. My aunt knows Tyson!!!! We talked about him in high school. At the same time, you still had Sugar Ray, Chavez & loads of good boxers.

Today you have a fairly bland heavy division, Manny, Floyd, & ...... that's about it. No one that people know.

I remember one week in the 90's there was a fight on espn , a fight on USA, a fight on CBS, one on ABC, one on hbo & the one on NBC on Sunday!!! No kidding!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-05-2013, 11:45 AM   #72
Rookie

Icon10 Re: Boxing videogame campaign, do you want another boxing game?

Lol fights on national tv had to be the shot! The first fight I ever saw was Sugar Ray against Hagler. I think i was about 6 yrs old. Was that on cable? I think i remember watching it on a black and white tv. LOL heh... That's what got me to love boxing... That fight!

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Boxing »