Home

Boxing Off-Topic

This is a discussion on Boxing Off-Topic within the Boxing forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Boxing
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-23-2017, 01:37 PM   #3513
All Star

OVR: 20
Re: Boxing Off-Topic

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheredia
and then we can start talking about a real fight with canelo and GGG....
Or the real fight this Saturday night, on HBO: Cotto vs. Kamegai.
Old 08-23-2017, 05:06 PM   #3514
Hall Of Fame

JayBee74's Arena

OVR: 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by pk500
Or the real fight this Saturday night, on HBO: Cotto vs. Kamegai.
Interesting.....Yoshihiro Kamegai
Old 08-23-2017, 05:13 PM   #3515
MVP

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayBee74
Interesting.....Yoshihiro Kamegai
Will check it out. Cotto fights usually have a lot of action

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-23-2017, 06:03 PM   #3516
My Momma's Son

bigeastbumrush's Arena

OVR: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheredia
not fearing conor might be the biggest mistake he makes.....what IF conor is hard to hit? IF conor goes defense first and waits to counter just like floyd? seeing as conor probably knows there is no way he can outbox floyd, he may just take his chances with a well placed counter punch as opposed to punch volume....
pk said it better than I could.

Conor should (if he's being realistic) just go for broke and try to get it over as early as he can.

I doubt he fears Floyd's power until he tastes it.

But these 2 counterpunching each other would be a nightmare for Conor and the fans.
Old 08-23-2017, 06:49 PM   #3517
All Star

OVR: 20

It's one thing for McGregor to be able to counterpunch against MMA fighters, who use square, open stances with minimal head movement to prepare for ground attacks and also usually have very looping punching form.

It's an entirely different thing to try to counterpunch Mayweather, who is the most slippery defensive fighter of this generation and whose boxing technique is matched probably only by Lomachenko among current fighters.

Dream on if you think McGregor can match Mayweather in counterpunching. The "Maidana strategy" of fighting inside and dirty while going for broke early is his ONLY chance. McGregor's stamina and lack of boxing technique and nous will ruin any minute chance he has of landing a lucky punch after four rounds or so.
Old 08-23-2017, 06:52 PM   #3518
All Star

Gibbz's Arena

OVR: 24

I hear a lot of people saying McGregor can hurt Mayweather with body shots, but freaking Canelo couldn't. McGregor's length is actually a disadvantage in tight with the dirty boxing. He'll be winding them up and Floyd will feel them coming from a mile away.

McGregor's only chance is to completely go for broke in round 1. After that he'll gas and Floyd will toy with him and everyone will wonder what all the hype was about.
Old 08-24-2017, 08:47 AM   #3519
Hall Of Fame

Money99's Arena

OVR: 37

I still don't see how anyone with half a brain thinks that Connor has any shot at all.
There is literally NOTHING that Connor can offer that Floyd hasn't seen before - and at a much, MUCH, higher level.

At best, Connor may be at a Golden Gloves level. And probably at the lower end of that spectrum.
There are probably literally 10,000 amatuer fighters in the U.S. alone that would dominate Connor in a boxing match.

Unless there are some shenanigans that were agreed upon prior to the fight, this should be over as soon as Floyd wants it to be.

Floyd could knock Connor out in less than a minute if he literally did no training, woke up and rolled out of bed and into the ring.
But that's only if he wants to.

This fight is (hilariously) going to generate so much money, I gotta believe both camps have staged something so that a 2nd fight will transpire.
In a straight-up , honest boxing match, this fight is over before the opening bell has stopped vibrating.

Last edited by Money99; 08-24-2017 at 08:54 AM.
Old 08-24-2017, 10:51 AM   #3520
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Money99
I still don't see how anyone with half a brain thinks that Connor has any shot at all.
There is literally NOTHING that Connor can offer that Floyd hasn't seen before - and at a much, MUCH, higher level.

At best, Connor may be at a Golden Gloves level. And probably at the lower end of that spectrum.
There are probably literally 10,000 amatuer fighters in the U.S. alone that would dominate Connor in a boxing match.

Unless there are some shenanigans that were agreed upon prior to the fight, this should be over as soon as Floyd wants it to be.

Floyd could knock Connor out in less than a minute if he literally did no training, woke up and rolled out of bed and into the ring.
But that's only if he wants to.

This fight is (hilariously) going to generate so much money, I gotta believe both camps have staged something so that a 2nd fight will transpire.
In a straight-up , honest boxing match, this fight is over before the opening bell has stopped vibrating.

Come on man.

Now Conor cant even beat an amateur fighter? LOL.

I felt the same way when James Toney fought Couture in the Octagon but that was for a valid reason. Toney had never grappled a day in his life. So I knew that he would immediately get taken down and submitted.

This is different. Conor has boxed. He's been training in boxing for over 14 yrs. People act like all MMA strikers do is throw elbows and kicks during sparring. He knows head movement. He knows footwork. Is he as good as a top level professional boxer....**** no but he isnt a novice either.

There will be no shenanigans. Floyd loves his undefeated record more than his kids. He isnt about to risk that for another payday especially when he's making 200 plus mill in this fight. If Floyd wins, it will be because he is a elite boxer who was fighting a first time professional. If Conor wins, it will be because he caught Floyd and Father Time weakened Floyd's chin.

Lets stop it with this "Floyd could knock him out in less than a minute stuff." Floyd has shown nothing in his career that supports that. Conor has a heck of a chin. He's never been KO'd while fighting some of the hardest hitting 145 and 155 fighters in the sport.

I'm not saying Floyd cant KO him but he isnt going to run over Conor simply because he is a boxer.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Boxing »