Home

Boxing Off-Topic

This is a discussion on Boxing Off-Topic within the Boxing forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Boxing
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-16-2017, 06:13 PM   #3441
All Star

OVR: 20
Re: Boxing Off-Topic

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigeastbumrush
Sadly, this probably sold a couple of more PPV buys for people who were on the fence as if the glove ounces will actually make a difference.

I believe 2 fights or so ago (I forget the opponent) in the post-match interview, Floyd said he hurt/broke his hand during the fight. Still coasted to a win.

I can't wait until this is all over.

The excuses are already being prepared.
Hey, there is a REAL fight Aug. 26 on HBO: Cotto vs. Kamegai. That's what I'm watching.

And the Canelo-GGG bout Sept. 16 is one of the best fights that can be made in boxing. I'm drooling for both of those contests, not the Mayweather-McGregor freak show.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-16-2017, 08:45 PM   #3442
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by pk500
The Nevada commission bends over and takes anything Floyd commands. Same as it ever was.
I told you PK. You have the two biggest draws in combat sports. The commission was going to roll. ****, Conor got fined a year back and they reduced the fine because he threatened to never fight in Vegas again.
Old 08-16-2017, 08:48 PM   #3443
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

Quote:
Sadly, this probably sold a couple of more PPV buys for people who were on the fence as if the glove ounces will actually make a difference.

I believe 2 fights or so ago (I forget the opponent) in the post-match interview, Floyd said he hurt/broke his hand during the fight. Still coasted to a win.

Are there any real boxing or MMA fans that actually think Conor is gonna win? Ive heard people argue how Conor could win or that he has a chance but I havent read any one credible saying he would win.

My point being when Conor loses, he doesnt really need an excuse. He's not a boxer. Thats enough of an reason for the loss alone.
Old 08-16-2017, 09:56 PM   #3444
Hall Of Fame

ggsimmonds's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
Are there any real boxing or MMA fans that actually think Conor is gonna win? Ive heard people argue how Conor could win or that he has a chance but I havent read any one credible saying he would win.

My point being when Conor loses, he doesnt really need an excuse. He's not a boxer. Thats enough of an reason for the loss alone.
That is a no true Scotsman fallacy you set up there, but I still agree with you.

I got a few friends who are the type of MMA fan that I call a MMA groupie, and yeah they actually think Conor is going to win.

But those are the only types who are saying that. MMA groupies are...weird.
Old 08-16-2017, 10:29 PM   #3445
MVP

sheredia's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:

this is NOT a smart move by floyd, imo....he already has brittle hands, conor is used to 4 oz. gloves-so no big deal for him, might give conor an edge in power (IF he connects at all) since he will be close to 170 fight night. this could come back to haunt floyd. IS he planning on going for the knockout after all? wish him luck. another reason why this should be an exhibition bout but IF the unthinkable happens and floyd IS knocked out, it will be because of his own recklessness and overconfidence. not only that, it will be the biggest upset in sports history AND floyd loses his spotless record to someone's first professional boxing match.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-16-2017, 10:32 PM   #3446
MVP

sheredia's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheredia
and depending on what happens in the fight, it could be setting up a paulie-conor showdown afterwards if conor loses as expected. IF conor wins, there is obviously a rematch clause in the contract and the numbers for that would be through the roof. paulie might have bailed camp with a future matchup (and to save face) in mind since conor was better than he expected. cortez said he had some pop too, so i wouldn't totally dismiss conor at this point.
read a story right after i posted this saying paulie is eyeing a bout with conor on st. patrick's day to settle the score. looks like we got the reason he left now. of course, he said conor has to look decent against floyd to garner any interest in the fight at all.
Old 08-17-2017, 12:51 AM   #3447
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheredia
read a story right after i posted this saying paulie is eyeing a bout with conor on st. patrick's day to settle the score. looks like we got the reason he left now. of course, he said conor has to look decent against floyd to garner any interest in the fight at all.

Conor could draw better in a UFC fight than fighting a shot fighter like Paulie. That fight will never happen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Old 08-17-2017, 01:29 AM   #3448
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
Conor could draw better in a UFC fight than fighting a shot fighter like Paulie. That fight will never happen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
The difference is MacGregor could promote that fight with Paulie and make far more money than he would ever get fighting in the UFC. I agree that this fight probably will never happen because I think Floyd destroys him and no one wants to see him box again.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Boxing »