Home

Any New Game news??

This is a discussion on Any New Game news?? within the Boxing forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Boxing
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-26-2017, 01:11 AM   #1
MVP

OVR: 3
Any New Game news??

I saw a video about possible games EA may release. It mentioned Fight Night so naturally I got sucked in like a fool. Just wondered if there has been any buzz at all about the possibility.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-26-2017, 07:08 AM   #2
MVP

OVR: 39
Re: Any New Game news??

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmarcguy
I saw a video about possible games EA may release. It mentioned Fight Night so naturally I got sucked in like a fool. Just wondered if there has been any buzz at all about the possibility.

No, nothing! I talked to an EA Senior Moderator on Twitter and he said they are doing another UFC game!
Old 06-26-2017, 10:18 AM   #3
MVP

sheredia's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHAKYR
No, nothing! I talked to an EA Senior Moderator on Twitter and he said they are doing another UFC game!
smh....i think the time is right for another boxing game. ufc 2 didn't do as well as expected. i figured alternating between titles would be the best way to go since there is not much turnover on rosters anyways and they can add new features/modes to upcoming releases instead of just slight changes. it's not like there is any competition for either sport for EA.
Old 06-26-2017, 11:07 AM   #4
MVP

Man that's disappointing. I've been playing since Atari & there's ALWAYS been a boxing game.

Old 06-26-2017, 01:37 PM   #5
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheredia
smh....i think the time is right for another boxing game. ufc 2 didn't do as well as expected. i figured alternating between titles would be the best way to go since there is not much turnover on rosters anyways and they can add new features/modes to upcoming releases instead of just slight changes. it's not like there is any competition for either sport for EA.
- UFC 2 actually did better than EA thought it would. The only EA sports games to outsell it in the last 3 years have been Madden and Fifa.

- A UFC game is cheaper to make than a boxing game because all of the fighter rights come with the UFC license and that isnt the case with boxing. As with everything, it comes down to money and making a boxing game (while likely to sell more than a UFC game) could still end up being more expensive because of the fighter licenses.

- Ive talked to some of the dev team about a boxing game and while I cant tell you most of what was said, I can say that many of them would love to work on a boxing game again.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-26-2017, 08:08 PM   #6
MVP

That's encouraging at least.

It wouldn't even need to have as many real boxers to me. If they perfected the game play I'd be happy.

Old 06-26-2017, 09:43 PM   #7
MVP

sheredia's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmarcguy
That's encouraging at least.

It wouldn't even need to have as many real boxers to me. If they perfected the game play I'd be happy.

i second that.....give us a at least one quality boxing game for next gen with a few licensed boxers and keep the same CAB features with boxer share.
Old 06-27-2017, 02:16 AM   #8
MVP

OVR: 39

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
- UFC 2 actually did better than EA thought it would. The only EA sports games to outsell it in the last 3 years have been Madden and Fifa.

- A UFC game is cheaper to make than a boxing game because all of the fighter rights come with the UFC license and that isnt the case with boxing. As with everything, it comes down to money and making a boxing game (while likely to sell more than a UFC game) could still end up being more expensive because of the fighter licenses.

- Ive talked to some of the dev team about a boxing game and while I cant tell you most of what was said, I can say that many of them would love to work on a boxing game again.
No disrespect intended but you are a Gamechanger and are bias with your opinions and information. EA is giving half truths about boxers wanting to be in a boxing videogame. There were quite a few boxers who were willing to be in a Fight Night game for free. EA could have did a microtransaction system to get the hard to sign boxers and give them a percentage. Sports gaming fans aren't 10 year olds that will accept anything.
Fight Night Champion used an actor on the cover to sell a game with real boxers. A great game sells itself not stars or athletes. They can help but they are not what makes the game continuously sell. EA is trying to starve fans into being UFC fans to say,"look we sold better than a Fight Night game"

I speak to the Devs every chance I get. They do want to do another boxing game. They even encourage my campaign but at this moment they have to focus on making the UFC game franchise great!

Last edited by SHAKYR; 06-27-2017 at 02:32 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Boxing »