Home

Rebuilding the Jets - Milkman41's Jets dynasty, starting in 2012

This is a discussion on Rebuilding the Jets - Milkman41's Jets dynasty, starting in 2012 within the Coaching Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Coaching Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-21-2010, 11:51 AM   #17
Pro

OVR: 9
Re: Rebuilding the Jets - Milkman41's Jets dynasty, starting in 2012

Rhodes's interception with :01 on the clock seals 28 - 22 comeback victory
Kerry Rhodes, one of the linchpin's of one of the most dangerous secondaries in the league, came up big when it mattered, intercepting a pass in the end zone with :01 on the clock as the Seahawks fought to regain the lead they had just relinquished. The Jets offense was strong, with 407 yards of total offense (159 rushing, 248 passing), and 25 first downs, and the defense held the Seahawks to 180 yards (18 rushing 162 passing). The Jets absolutely dominated the time of possession 44:01 - 15:54.

Coach Caruzzo was ecstatic with the way the team, with a largely unknown playbook, managed to play on both sides of the ball. QB Anquan Taylor rewarded Caruzzo's continued confidence in him by throwing for 267 yards, 3 TDs, and 1 INT on 19 -26 passing (73%), good for a 128.1 QB rating. Rookie WR Jehuu Bacon finished with 6 receptions for 93 yards and 1 TD, and #1 WR Early Doucet, signed in the offseason, added 69 yards and 1 TD on 4 catches. Rookie HB Marquis Shakur rumbled to 93 yards on 20 attempts (4.6 YPC), and HBs Antonio Usher, Beau Wilder, and Bryan Peterson showed flashes of potential.

On defense, the pass rush was strong, totaling 4 sacks (1 each by DT Adam Carriker, LE Andre Dalembert, RE Vernon Gholston, and LOLB Keith Rivers). Gholston's came from the ROLB position, and resulted in a safety. Rookie SS Trey Blair helped his cause by tackling Seahawks P Ryan Plackemeier in the end zone for a safety. Kerry Rhodes had the team's only INT, and Keith Rivers led the team with 6 tackles.

Traning Camp Battles
#1 HB: It appears that HB Marquis Shakur took the lead for now over Antonio Usher with a strong game. Usher, who was injured, shows flashes, but gets tired far too quickly to really be an every-down back.
#1 RG: Tony Kabongo gave up 2 sacks and Sugar Randolph gave up 1 (the only sacks allowed by the Jets), giving Randolph the edge. Kabongo will start again next week.
Old 03-21-2010, 12:09 PM   #18
Pro

Jets announce trade
The New York Jets and Head Coach Steve Caruzzo have announced that QB Jeff Garcia, who was slated to be the backup QB, has been traded to the Chicago Bears for a 3rd round pick. The Bears, who selected 2 quarterbacks in this year's draft (rounds 1 and 3), may have some competition at the position.

To replace Garcia, the Jets have signed QB Brodie Croyle, giving them more youth and especially health at the backup QB position. While not as experienced and heady as Garcia, Croyle has a big arm, and should be a solid backup.

Last edited by milkman41; 03-21-2010 at 04:30 PM.
Old 03-21-2010, 05:39 PM   #19
Pro

Jets come back again, get another key defensive stop to seal the game
Yes, it is preseason, and yes, preseason game largely don't count. But you can't not be pleased with the way these past two games have gone, as the New York Jets, who have been at or near the cellar for the past 5 years, again clawed their way from a deficit to win. Today, they were trailing by 17 at the halt (17 - 0), but scored 21 unanswered points to win. They outgained the Raiders 400 - 181 (147 - -2 rushing, 253 - 183 passing), and again used a pounding running game to control the game clock, winning the time of possession battle 42:00 - 17:58.

QB Anquan Taylor continues to impress, this time showing resolve as he bounced back from a poor start to finish with 253 yards, 2 TDs, and 1 INT on 17 - 34 (50%) passing, good for a 82.1 QB rating. His leading receiver was WR Vincent Jackson, whose 41-yard catch-and-run in the 4th quarter gave the Jets their first lead at 21 - 17. He finished with 3 receptions for 76 yards and 1 TD. WR Early Doucet added a TD catch, and 3 other players had 3 catches. On the ground, the Jets made do without HB Antonio Usher (out 3 - 5 days), as Marquis Shakur led the way with 68 yards on 20 attempts (3.4 YPC). Beau Wilder added 41 yards on 10 attempts (4.1 YPC), and rookie Bryan Peterson continues to show flashes of brilliance with 34 yards on 6 carries (5.6 YPC), including a game-long 19-yard run.

Defensively, the Jets had 3 sacks, one each by DT Kosta Snider, RE/ROLB Vernon Gholston, and LOLB Keith Rivers. FS Brandon Bellamy and SS Kerry Rhodes each added an interception, with Rhodes returning his 14 yards for a score to pull the Jets within 3 at 17 - 14. LE Andre Dalembert forced a fumble, and Rhodes led the team in tackles with 5.

The team received some bad news on the injury front, as both CB Jaime Lacy and DT Adam Carriker left the game with injuries. Carriker has a broken hand, and will be out 3 - 5 weeks. Lacy is out 5 - 8 weeks with a high ankle sprain.
Old 03-23-2010, 10:36 AM   #20
Pro

Jets outplay Titans, but fall 23 - 21
The Jets thoroughly outplayed the Titans today, out-gaining them 460 - 194 (169 - 128 rushing, though 94 of the Titans' yards came on one run, 291 - 66 passing), and accumulated 21 first downs while allowing only 3. Turnover (2) and penalties (6 - 60, including 3 holding penalties on LT Sam Baker!) turned out to be their undoing, as they held a fantastic 40:45 - 19:08 time of possession advantage.

QB Anquan Taylor continues to impress as he learns the playbook, completing 26 of 39 attempts (66%) for 291 yards, 1 TD, and a 97.3 QB rating. His main target was TE Tony Scheffler, who caught 5 balls for 58 yards and 1 TD. 6 other players had at least 2 receptions, and 5 more had 1. TE Jerome Pittman, WR Early Doucet, and WR Lavernues Coles each had a 27-yard reception, tied for the game-high. The Jets were again solid on the ground, with HB Antonio Usher leading the way with 67 yards on 19 attempts (3.7 YPC). HB Marquis Shakur added 51 yards and 2 TDs on 12 attempts (4.2 YPC), and HB Bryan Peterson continues to show flashes of brilliance, using his speed to break off 2 20+ yard runs on his way to 46 yards on 4 attempts (11.5 YPC).

Defensively, the Jets were strong, as they shut down the running game (apart from one 94-yard run) and the passing game. LE Andre Dalembert and MLB Dan Conner had a sack, and RE Vernon Gholston forced a fumble. LOLB Keith Rivers led the team with 8 tackles and 3 tackles for a loss.

The Jets play the Cardinals in the final preseason game, in 10 days time.
Old 03-24-2010, 11:58 AM   #21
Pro

Coach Caruzzo, Owner discuss preseason expectations
The owner of the Jets and new Head Coach Steve Caruzzo called a press conference today to discuss the direction of the team. In his speech, the owner mentioned that it could still be a bumpy road, and that it may be unwise to expect the Jets to compete, of even finish above .500, immediately, but that the team is on the right track. Caruzzo was far more optimistic, promising that the team will finish above .500. He noted his past success and the great promise this team holds. Only time will tell who was right...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-24-2010, 11:57 PM   #22
Pro

NOTE: Game had to be replayed due to a freeze, partially supersimmed

Jets win preseason *****e, 27 - 20 over Cardinals

The Jets played a strong game, totaling 307 yards of total offense and holding Arizona to only 165. The Jets outrushed the Cards 95 - 45, and outpassed them 212 - 120. They also held a 35:33 **** of possession advantage.

QB Anquan Taylor had a strong game, compiling a 108.6 QB rating on 12 completions on 19 attempts, and amassed 166 yards and 1 TD. Backup QB Brodie Croyle completed all 4 of his passes for 50 yards and 1 TD, good for a 158.3 rating. WR Laveranues Coles had a big game, with 7 receptions for 102 yards and a beautiful touchdown, and rookie WR Sammy Wilson added another TD. In total, 8 players caught at least 1 pass. Rookie HB Bryan Peterson had a strong game, responding to a big workload with 56 yards and 1 TD on 11 attempts, including 58-yard TD run. HBs Marquis Shakur and Antonio Usher did not impress, but are in no danger of losing playing ****.

Defensively, the Jets did well, accumulating 2 sacks and an interceptions. SS Kerry Rhodes led the way, with 5 tackles, 2 for a loss, a sack, and an interception. RE Eric Baker also had a sack, and MLB David Harris tied Rhodes with 5 tackles.

Position Battles
#1 HB: Antonio Usher and rookie Marquis Shakur have engaged in a spirited battle for the starting HB position, and it looks as if neither has outright won, as they will split **** in the backfield. Additionally, rookie HB Bryan Peterson has added a much-needed element of explosiveness, and he will get a few carries per game.
#1 RG: It appears that RG Tony Kabongo, who has at ****s had difficulties learning and mastering the playbook, has won the job on the basis of his run blocking and run blocking potential. Sugar Randolph, his competition, will back him up.
#2 DT: It appears that the newly-signed DT LeTroy Guion will start alongside DT Adam Carriker, another training camp pick-up. Guoin has fantastic athleticism for a defensive tackle, and can really get after the passer.

Last edited by milkman41; 04-01-2010 at 10:36 AM.
Old 03-28-2010, 03:30 PM   #23
Pro

Hey guys, quick question. Normally, at the end of preseason, I do a season preview for every team in the league and then mine - are you all interested in reading it? Or should I just do mine and get started on playing out the season?
Old 03-28-2010, 04:15 PM   #24
MVP

OVR: 12

I think a short preview of each team would be good. I'm thinking of adding that to mine. I think it helps readers to have an idea about what is happening around the league, and who is on the way up and who is on the way down.

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Coaching Dynasties »