Home

Running Through The NFL- The Coaching Career of Tobias Grimm

This is a discussion on Running Through The NFL- The Coaching Career of Tobias Grimm within the Coaching Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Coaching Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-14-2013, 03:22 AM   #17
Rookie

Shamhat1915's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: Running Through The NFL- The Coaching Career of Tobias Grimm

I am working hard on realism. I'm hoping that by making it more realistic, I'll be able to.continue for a long time and not lose interest. So far I'm enjoying it a lot more than other caredrs I've done.

I'm playing the preseason like real teams do, with the starters having limited playing time and slowly getting more. I also plan on having my depth chart set up based.soley on preseason stats, and not potential. After all, I may know the players potential, but my coach can't possibly know that. He can only go based on what he sees on the field.

I am playing the games, though I am going to supersim the two minute drills. That should help mitigate the obnoxious cpu god mode in the last two minutes
Old 08-14-2013, 07:11 AM   #18
Pro

Aurabolt127's Arena

OVR: 6

Sweet!! I used to never play preseason games till recently (last couple franchises I played most of the preseason anyway), but it adds another level of realism to it. Keep it up!! I'm always planning my next franchise... reading a new franchise always gets me ready for a new one - been mulling my options the last week or so. Not sure what I'm going to do when the 360/PS3 is gone forever.... guess I better get it on PC soon. still need to get madden 25/ncaa 14 and see how their dynasties have improved. Even dusted off my HC06 on xbox - thinking about giving it one last go while the thing still works! LOL!!

Good luck!
Old 08-14-2013, 06:37 PM   #19
Rookie

Shamhat1915's Arena

I'm looking forward to your next franchise. I've liked reading your posts, so good luck with whatever you look to do in your next one. I know what you mean about missing this generations consoles. Once they die, it's going to suck unless the next gen allow us to buy and download Head Coach to the hard drive and play it. I'll really miss this game if I can't play it.

Of course, it would be amazing if the next gen consoles had their own NFL Head Coach game. Gah, I miss Head Coach 06. Some of the stuff was better in that game than in 09, but I think I still prefer 09.

Anyway, playing my next preseason game against Indy, so look for my next update sometime soon
Old 08-14-2013, 11:44 PM   #20
Pro

Aurabolt127's Arena

Thanks... still working through my other franchise, sorry I haven't posted in a long while, for some reason we're on a crazy winning streak and it's been too hectic at home/work to post.

love starting new franchises - always so many ideas! thinking about teams already...

Yeah, I think there's a lot of us who miss a lot of HC06... a new HC would be amazing if they really put some effort into it and pulled the best parts of 06 and 09... we'll see. hopefully 09 will be a downloadable game... maybe if we start nagging EA now???

Also to touch on an earlier post - you said:

"*I think I did a fairly good job staying away from the best of the best in this draft. Almost impossible to avoid sleeper picks, but I made sure to only take players at positions of need, and those who weren't all considered sleepers (above 85 potential) Serna was picked up just because I wanted to have a competition there, but Prater is the favorite to win it, so Serna will more than likely be released"

It's hard, esp when you have done a lot of franchises, but important to separate out of game knowledge from in game knowledge. You did a good job, in my opinion. There are some guys you know are going to be sleepers, it's ok to get a couple as long as you don't take all of them... Then again, one guy's sleeper is another guy's turd. I try to pick my GM suggestions, except when they're really stupid - that tends to make sure I get a couple good ones, a couple misses.

good luck vs indy
Old 08-15-2013, 12:25 AM   #21
Rookie

Shamhat1915's Arena

A crazy winning streak? That's awesome. I need one of those xP

I'm already planning on another career to go along with this one, probably using either the Pistol playbook again, or the Michigan Spread.

Yes, let's get on nagging EA already. For a downloadable Head Coach game, or to make a new one.

I think I've done a good job separating my knowledge from my coaches knowledge, and am pretty happy with it. And, actually, those "duds" I picked up aren't playing like duds. Greg Chandler and Nick Hayden have been solid on the defensive line, despite only having potentials in the mid 70s.

I could have used that good luck against Indy earlier. They just destroyed me, which I knew they would. Actually, I'm glad they did. It shows that this one should be better than my Titans career as I shouldn't go undefeated. The update is coming up right after this, actually
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-15-2013, 12:28 AM   #22
Rookie

Shamhat1915's Arena

Preseason Game Two: Indianapolis at Atlanta
Final score: Colts-32 Falcons-0

The Colts dominated Atlanta all game putting up 62 points and 491 yards on offense. This game really showed the talent difference between the teams. “Indy is a Super Bowl team.” Coach Grimm was stated as saying after the game. “We could not stop them at all, nor could we get anything going on offense.”

Rookie quarterback Matt Ryan played the entire second half, but did nothing to show that he was worthy to start, let alone be the third overall pick. Ryan finished the game with a qb rating of 32.0 on 8 of 21 passes for 91 yards and 1 interception. Free agent running back Michael Turner ran for 45 yards on 10 carries while rookie tight end Martellus Bennett caught 2 passes for 25 yards.

On defense, rookie linebackers David Vobora and Alfred Leslie combined for 12 tackles and only allowed 2 catches on 7 passes in their areas. Rookie kicker Alexis Serna missed his only field goal attempt of the night, a 55-yarder that just missed by hitting the upright.

After the game, Grimm announced the next string of releases for the roster, cutting tight end Jack Wilkes, center Adam Spieker, linebacker Alfred Leslie, safety Darren Stone, and tackle Patrick McCoy. Grimm also announced the signings of quarterback Chris Redman and tight end Keith Zinger. To make room, they traded recently acquired quarterback Gus Frerotte to the Detroit Lions in exchange for a 2009 6th round pick, and released defensive end Charles Bennett.
Old 08-15-2013, 01:00 AM   #23
Pro

Aurabolt127's Arena

What teams are you thinking? Still some teams out there not getting much action...

Yeah, crazy win streak - I've won 4 more after the Colts game - no way I should be 10-1 right now. Glad how well the team is performing, but still...

At least your game vs Indy was in the preseason... good luck with whoever's next.
Old 08-15-2013, 01:23 AM   #24
Rookie

Shamhat1915's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aurabolt127
What teams are you thinking? Still some teams out there not getting much action...

Yeah, crazy win streak - I've won 4 more after the Colts game - no way I should be 10-1 right now. Glad how well the team is performing, but still...

At least your game vs Indy was in the preseason... good luck with whoever's next.
I'm thinking of my hometown Lions this time, or maybe the Redskins. I'm also looking at the Cowboys, Raiders, Steelers, Seahawks and the Rams.

That's awesome. Glad you're having such luck performing.

Yeah, thankfully it was just preseason. Same with the next game against Tennessee. I am having no luck right now. I can't get anything going on offense, and my defense is really struggling right now. It's horrible

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Coaching Dynasties »