Home

Crickets chirping...

This is a discussion on Crickets chirping... within the Coaching Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Coaching Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-14-2014, 12:05 PM   #9
MVP

OVR: 26
Re: Crickets chirping...

For my part, I just couldn't find a way to make the games competitive.I might find a way in the future to start a dynasty again, if I can find a way to keep the games competitive.
Old 06-14-2014, 04:25 PM   #10
Pro

Aurabolt127's Arena

OVR: 6

Yeah, it's hard if you stack your team and coaching staff to the max. Hard to balance realism with the desire to have 90s everywhere... still, I love the game a ton - I just gotta make time to start again.
Old 06-25-2014, 06:29 PM   #11
Rookie

Shamhat1915's Arena

OVR: 5

Well come on man, don't keep us in suspense! Lol
I'm looking forward to your next career. I've picked up my Titans one once again, and am looking to start a new one myself. And whichever team you pick may alter my choice as well.
But this board needs more active threads, so I'm looking forward to seeing more of them
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-26-2014, 09:52 AM   #12
Pro

Aurabolt127's Arena

I know! Every time I go to start, things get busy! Should be closing on my house within a few weeks, working 2 jobs at 70 hours a week, and my kids... Heck, I took today off of my day job because there's no time to get my oil changed and car inspected. Regardless, I'm going to try to narrow things down and get rolling ASAP. My thoughts are:

"expansion team" I'm still planning on taking my "zero roster" team and seeing what I can do. (I'm re-creating the Falcons as an expansion team, similar to how the Ravens were born, although I'm able to clear the entire roster.

Giants - winning the SB gives a good case for Coughlin to pack it in, and Eli's dad to meddle...

Steelers, Chiefs
and Bengals all have lots of legal drama leading up to 2008 and could be challenging if some major cut was made (Ben, L Johnson, etc all had major incidents in the years leading up to week 1 2008)

Bills, Raiders, Browns all have other challenges; but Bills is commonly done and something about the Bills just isn't grabbing me.

Raiders have been done a lot, though as a lifelong Raiders fan, it doesn't matter. I'm planning on it, but this next one I want to do something different. I'll prob to a raiders one concurrently.

The Browns could be interesting due to the Anderson/Quinn thing being very similar to the Brees/Rivers situation.

The Jets maybe.... something about the Green, and growing up in Jersey during the "NY sack exchange" plus Al Toon, Freeman McNeil, O'Brien, etc... They were a team I really rooted for (after my Raiders of course) because I got to see them on TV every weekend and because I wanted them to officially become a NJ team.

Other interesting ideas like the Chargers, Rams, and Cowboys - the teams are just too stacked for me right now. *I mean, you can always "un-stack" them, but...

There's other teams out there to do a second time for me, Vikes, Cards, etc... but I think I'm narrowing it down to:

"Expansion"

Browns

Jets

Giants

thoughts?

Last edited by Aurabolt127; 06-26-2014 at 12:12 PM.
Old 06-26-2014, 11:44 AM   #13
Rookie

Shamhat1915's Arena

I know what you mean. Every time I start getting back into it, it seems like things just come up that want to hobble me. But I try to find the time to get into it, even if it really slow going as I get distracted by other games instead.

The expansion team idea sounds pretty interesting, and would surely be an intriguing option. I'd be interested to see just what happens with that. Other than that, the Browns idea is compelling as well. Actually, that order you have them listed is the order I would go with myself.

And, of course, I wouldn't say no to seeing another Raiders franchise. I may do one myself. It'd be interesting to see two Raider's franchise's going at the same time, and seeing the differences in the way we build our team. But I am looking forward to seeing what you decide, and you know I'll be following as soon as you start up.
Old 06-26-2014, 12:30 PM   #14
Pro

Aurabolt127's Arena

the Expansion team will be a challenge because I'll start with no roster, and only a few draft picks and free agents to build the team with; plus a big cap hit... but the Browns would be good too because there's some good pieces there, but there's still a lot left to build... some changes to make and the Quinn/Anderson decision.

Tough call.
Old 06-26-2014, 06:27 PM   #15
Rookie

Shamhat1915's Arena

That expansion idea would take a lot of dedication. That team would just be dreadful to start, and you could easily fall into great trouble with all those cap hits, and might not even get much of a chance to get it going. But, as you said, the Browns have some pieces.

I mean, they have Jamal Lewis at runningback, Braylon Edwards at receiver, Kellen Winslow at tightend, not to mention Joe Thomas and Eric Steinbach on the offenseive line. Defensively, they need a lot of work as Eric Wright and Brandon McDonald are their two best players. You would have to improve the defense and make a choice at quarterback between Derek Anderson, Brady Quinn, and Ken Dorsey.

Whoa, I just looked at the Browns in career mode, and I must say, I did not see that coming. Cleveland has no 1st, 2nd, or 3rd round pick in the 2008 draft. Their first pick isn't until the 4th round, 119th overall. Going with them, you would have that to contend with as well.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-26-2014, 11:12 PM   #16
Pro

Aurabolt127's Arena

It's fun to build something out of nothing, esp because a lot of those pieces will be crap I won't want to re-sign... you're right, I might not make it past year one! I'm sure I'll end up doing both... the expansion one will take a lot more commitment, esp as I have to strategize more, play the preseason, etc... which will no doubt be fun - I dunno... I have all day at work tomorrow to figure it out. I'm thinking I'll start with the Browns and get them rolling before I start up a second one, then a Raiders one some day (month!) But the expansion is appealing because it hasn't been done. I set a few dry runs in the past to see if I could do it, but never went any further. We'll see...

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Coaching Dynasties »