Home

KC BBQ'd Hot Takes: The career of Addison Morris

This is a discussion on KC BBQ'd Hot Takes: The career of Addison Morris within the Coaching Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Coaching Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-09-2015, 01:27 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
KC BBQ'd Hot Takes: The career of Addison Morris

Breaking news first reported by Adam Schefter (after Jay Glazer reported it): Kansas City Chiefs Head Coach Herm Edwards has resigned. Edwards stated he felt it was best for him, and for his family, to walk away from coaching.

Emotions in the Chiefs organization are mixed. While some are supportive of his decision, many feel he is leaving the organization out to dry. Those unhappy with the decision feel it should have been made back in February so the organization could properly search for a replacement. With the draft and free agency over, many feel the job is not attractive enough to lure a coach like Cowher out of retirement, or to convince a coach like Brian Billick to take the job. Sources say the Chiefs will look to the college ranks for a replacement.

My Hot Take smothered in BBQ Sauce: If Herm doesn’t want to coach, then good riddance. The Chiefs were 4-12 last year, so having a coach who is not invested in coaching will not improve that record. As for not being an attractive job, this is the NFL! When the NFL comes knocking, as a coach, you have to answer the door. I bet the vacancy is filled in a week. Max.

KC Kane!
Editor at KC BBQ'd Hot Takes Blog
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-09-2015, 01:36 PM   #2
Rookie

Re: KC BBQ'd Hot Takes: The career of Addison Morris

Breaking news first reported by Chris Mortensen (After Adam told him that Jay Glazer reported it): Lloyd Carr is not considering the Kansas City Head Coaching job. Brian Billick, Bill Cowher, Dennis Green, Les Miles, Jim Tressel, and now Lloyd Carr have all been contacted by the Chiefs, and all have turned down the offer.

My BBQ Ribs sprinkled with Hot Take: Ok, enough is enough isn’t it? It’s the last week of June and the Chiefs still don’t have a head coach. What is wrong with promoting one of the coordinators to interim head coach? This organization has not handled the resignation of Herm Edwards well. They have handled it about as poorly as my 6 year old nephew Len throws a football. The irony.

KC Kane!
Old 05-09-2015, 01:42 PM   #3
Rookie

Breaking news, that is actually, not kidding, first reported by Adam Schefter. The Chiefs have found their new head coach, Addison Morris. Morris has been the head coach at Marietta College, a division three school in Ohio, the past five seasons and had a 32-23 record. Coach Morris took over a Pioneers program that had only won twelve games the previous five years. Chiefs’ owner Thomas Koop said that out all the candidates they interviewed, Coach Morris stood above the rest.

“Coach Morris exemplifies the type of leadership and commitment that the Chiefs organization was looking for,” said Koop.

My smoked Hot Take: Seriously? Out of all the candidates this guy was the best? We all know that’s not true. Morris is just the last one the Chiefs offered. He was never their tenth choice, let alone their first. I’m shocked he was even a choice. I mean a division 3 coach?! This is laughable! Tony Gonzalez and the rest of the Chiefs roster have to be heated.

I have done some research into this guy and this has fail written all over it. His offense is never under center, instead working primarily from pistol and shotgun formations. In 5 years he ran 31 plays from under center.

The offense was very run heavy, with the Quarterback leading the team in rushing twice, and carries once, during his five year tenure. This style of offense might have worked in Middleofnowhere, Ohio, but it won’t work in the NFL. A Quarterback who leads his team in rushing attempts won’t be able to stay healthy past his rookie contract.

The Chiefs defense will not be a 4-3, or a 3-4, but instead be a nickel defense with 5 DBs on the field at the same time. NFL offenses are going to run the ball all over this style of defense. It may be effective in shutting down the pass in the short term, but when teams are going to be running the ball at 5 yards a clip the play action pass is going to get you.

Season ticket holders, be afraid. Be very afraid.

KC Kane!
Old 05-09-2015, 02:15 PM   #4
Rookie

Coach's Journal Monday 7/28/2008 6:00 A.M. Staff Meeting Recap:

1.) Review of Position Philosophies:

QB - Speed/Mobile
HB - Power
FB - Blocking
WR - Red Zone Threat
TE - Balanced
OL - Zone

DL - Prototype
OLB - Blitzer
MLB - Speed/Coverage
CB - Man
FS - Center fielder
SS - Run Support

2.) Upgrade our QB position. Croyle and Huard are not athletic enough to open up our playbook. Thigpen and Martin have shown flashes on tape, but they are back up QBs. Look to bring in a QB off the waiver wire or through a trade. The picks necessary to sustain a franchise QB would be too great. We need to look for a long term replacement in the draft.

3.) Move Donnie Edwards to MLB

4.) Move Derrick Johnson to RE

5.) Move Luke Petitgout to RG

The staff feels we need to get some of our key players more familiar with the playbook. Our goal is to have Tony, Larry, and Dwayne up to par by the time the season begins.

Last edited by cbutler0509; 05-09-2015 at 02:27 PM.
Old 05-09-2015, 02:29 PM   #5
Rookie

Breaking news: Kansas City Chiefs trade Brody Croyle and Damon Huard. Brody Croyle will go to the San Francisco 49ers for a 2009 7th round pick and a 2010 5th round pick. Huard goes to the Falcons for a 2009 7th round pick.

My Hot Takes and Apple Sauce: It is hard to feel anything about these trades. Croyle and Huard probably weren’t going to make this team better. It is also hard to get excited about late round picks.

I am reading the reports that the GM wants to go after Deuce McAllister, who was just put on the block by the Saints. I have to say I hope Coach Morris doesn’t entertain his GM on this one. Larry Johnson, Jamaal Charles, and the Deuce would make for one crowded backfield.

KC Kane!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-09-2015, 03:12 PM   #6
Rookie

Chiefs new means more tasty Hot Takes!

The Chiefs didnt make a move on the Deuce. Good call Coach Morris! Even a D3 coach can see that move made no sense. The backfield is solid the way it is. There was no need to throw picks at New Orleans.

One move I am expecting is for them to bring in a QB. The Chiefs only have Thigpen and Martin on the roster now, and that doesn't evoke faith in a good season. I would love to see them target Derek Anderson. The Browns didnt draft Quinn to keep him on the bench.

The first cuts of pre-season camp have been announced. Jackie Battle and Marques Hagans are the first camp casualties. The moves help to save some cap and are at positions that have decent depth.

Dorsey, Albert, and Flowers are all in camp and under contract. They are expected to make their Chiefs debut in the first pre-season game against the Bears.

Kiper was really high on these picks. The picks that Herm made. So hopefully Coach D3 can utilize them properly.

KC Kane!
Old 05-10-2015, 11:36 AM   #7
Rookie

Somber Chiefs News: Glenn Dorsey, 5th overall pick in the 2008 draft, left practice today with an apparent leg injury. Details of the injury have not been disclosed, but it is believed he will miss the first preseason game at least.

Hot Takes and Advil: This sucks and fans should be worried. One of the knocks on Dorsey coming out of LSU was injury concerns. Dorsey has the talent to be one of the best DT's in the league. He can play mutple positions on the d-line and whip a double, or even triple team. If he can't stay healthy that all means squat, and will be a huge burden on the salary cap.

KC Kane!
Old 05-11-2015, 10:37 PM   #8
Rookie

Dorsey Update: Team doctors have determined that Glenn Dorsey has dislocated his right knee. He is expected to miss 1-3 weeks.

Dorsey Take: Phew! Excellent news to hear since I was preparing for the worst. He should be healthy and ready to go for the regular season.

KC BBQ’d Bear with a side of Hot Take: The pre-season kicks off tonight in Shicaga. That’s not a typo, that’s just how I pronounce it in my Shicagan accent. Trust me, it is an awful impersonation. Ingle Martin will be the starting quarterback. I really don’t think much more needs to be said about the offense.

One thing I am interested in watching is the defense. Coach Morris has moved Derrick Johnson to RE and Donnie Edwards to MLB. I am anxious to see how they play in their new roles in the 4-2-5 defense. I also want to see if my theory of this defense being a bust pans out. I also predicted Ledger would be the best Joker ever, and the box office says I’m right. Seriously how good is that movie? I’m writing this on my Blackberry while I sit and wait for my fifth viewing.

KC Kane!

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Coaching Dynasties »