Home

A pipe dream for 2k12

This is a discussion on A pipe dream for 2k12 within the College Hoops 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Other Basketball Games > College Hoops 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 03-02-2012, 03:30 PM   #49
Rookie

BruceAlmighty's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: A pipe dream for 2k12

It's still a dick move and a spit in the face to their fans. It's, on the surface, a defunct franchise that they've abandoned and any money that these guys would've gained from this would've been chump change to a lot of people much less a big company.
Old 03-02-2012, 05:13 PM   #50
Rookie

neb84's Arena

OVR: 0

I say move forward anyway. Your company lawyer is right. If you don't profit, there is no way for 2k to bring you to court. I wish you could do something like this for the ps3 because I dont own an xbox, but forge ahead, please. The community wants this, and if you succeed, you and your fellow programmers would be demi-gods for CH2k8 fans everywhere.
Old 03-03-2012, 05:06 AM   #51
Pro

bamabound2010's Arena

OVR: 3

wow 2k really losing my respect by the moment.. smh continue on my friend ill gladly donate to u guys

Alabama Crimson Tide
Chicago Cubs
Atlanta Braves
New Orleans Saints
Memphis Grizzles
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-03-2012, 08:32 AM   #52

Suntan Superman's Arena

OVR: 11
Were no longer taking donations, however looking at input here, we all agree that recruits should follow coaches more often than not. We were testing code and we got it so certain recruits will follow coaches if they change jobs. 2k randomizes the priority list, if "getting good coaching" is ahead of "playing at a big program" he will likely follow you, however it is still conditional on other elements. Wondering if people were ok with this? This goes along with the true to life scholarship program we're working diligently on where you finalizing rosters means you give people scholarships and they will decide if they want to walkon or transfer. Its still really buggy and if it takes to long it might be scrapped. Just wondering peoples thoughts on this.

As a plus note, at least this means 2k is reading these boards! Lol.
Old 03-03-2012, 09:41 AM   #53
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suntan Superman
And usually a discontinued franchise from 5 years ago would not be a point of interest on an unofficial sports game forum unless 2k really is thinking of bringing CH back sometime in the near future. Just a fruitful thought.

Last edited by strobox88; 03-03-2012 at 01:14 PM.
Old 03-03-2012, 10:15 AM   #54
Pro

123abcdylan's Arena

OVR: 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suntan Superman
Were no longer taking donations, however looking at input here, we all agree that recruits should follow coaches more often than not. We were testing code and we got it so certain recruits will follow coaches if they change jobs. 2k randomizes the priority list, if "getting good coaching" is ahead of "playing at a big program" he will likely follow you, however it is still conditional on other elements. Wondering if people were ok with this? This goes along with the true to life scholarship program we're working diligently on where you finalizing rosters means you give people scholarships and they will decide if they want to walkon or transfer. Its still really buggy and if it takes to long it might be scrapped. Just wondering peoples thoughts on this.

Sounds like an awesome thing didn't know u could do that dang what else is changeable ha
Old 03-03-2012, 10:22 AM   #55

Suntan Superman's Arena

Well all three of us program games for a living, so its not like we're out of our league. We thought about trying to make a game but acquiring licenses, etc, not worth it.

One thing of note. We selected a roster file to make the new default. You WILL NOT be able to dl from 2k share. It will crash the game. You also will not be able to access old files. This will cause a game loop which we're not sure is fixable. So sorry it means new legacies.
Old 03-03-2012, 10:26 AM   #56

Suntan Superman's Arena

We also decided against touching gameplay, court graphics(even Iowa State), and the selection process/tourney style. Myself alone spent 20+ hours of free time trying to get the new tourney format in, but with the selection show (which I love watching) it crashes after that day passes

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Other Basketball Games > College Hoops 2K »