Home

PC FIFA 12 Already Available Through Origin?

This is a discussion on PC FIFA 12 Already Available Through Origin? within the EA Sports FIFA Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-28-2011, 06:26 AM   #25
Bat
what

Bat's Arena

OVR: 22
Re: PC FIFA 12 Already Available Through Origin?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianFifaFan
This is really starting to bother me......
Yeah same here.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-28-2011, 09:55 AM   #26
All Star

poster's Arena

OVR: 23

I assume that you guys had no issues with the update installing? Mine did not go well. It said it was installing, then nothing happened and it indicated it was ready to install. I did it again this morning and it seemed to install, but then I got errors when trying to play it.

So far for me, Origin is miles behind Steam. I expected this, but not these issues. Oh well, I will get it resolved.
Old 09-28-2011, 03:28 PM   #27
Semi-retired

BrianFifaFan's Arena

OVR: 50

Quote:
Originally Posted by poster
I assume that you guys had no issues with the update installing? Mine did not go well. It said it was installing, then nothing happened and it indicated it was ready to install. I did it again this morning and it seemed to install, but then I got errors when trying to play it.

So far for me, Origin is miles behind Steam. I expected this, but not these issues. Oh well, I will get it resolved.
I had big problems, too. It kept saying "update being applied," for about 10 minutes. I then cancelled it, and the game wouldn't run. Ended up uninstalling Fifa, reinstalling Origin, and having to redownload the game. Ended up going to bed and thinking I was gonna have to start my career over. When I got up, it had installed the game over and the update. My files were intact, as well. So, no biggie.

Here's my thing, though. I have been guilty of the placebo effect too many times, but this is the first time I can't say "yeah, that was improved." I can't see how the fouls were made any better. As a matter of fact, I had less fouls called this morning, than last night. Whatever this update was, it made no postive difference in the gameplay. I don't normally use the word "broken," but the refs are. The only way to play this title right now, is as a giant game of ping-pong keepaway. I've seen some utter ridiculous stuff that isn't called. I should've saved a replay of my Community Shield match vs. Man City. Kun Agüero pushed both Vidic and Rio off the ball , knocking them down and scores. "Come on, Man!" No call, no physics, as both of them are huge. Still loving the game, but it's starting to feel half finished. Dare I say, Fifa 13 beta?

P.S. Anyone seen any weather in Career Mode? Fifa 10 had sunny Manchester, 11 fixed it. Did they break it again?.....

A great product sells itself, no "back of the box" features required! (See Fifa...)

Old 09-28-2011, 04:42 PM   #28
All Star

poster's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
I had big problems, too. It kept saying "update being applied," for about 10 minutes. I then cancelled it, and the game wouldn't run. Ended up uninstalling Fifa, reinstalling Origin, and having to redownload the game. Ended up going to bed and thinking I was gonna have to start my career over. When I got up, it had installed the game over and the update. My files were intact, as well. So, no biggie.

Here's my thing, though. I have been guilty of the placebo effect too many times, but this is the first time I can't say "yeah, that was improved." I can't see how the fouls were made any better. As a matter of fact, I had less fouls called this morning, than last night. Whatever this update was, it made no postive difference in the gameplay. I don't normally use the word "broken," but the refs are. The only way to play this title right now, is as a giant game of ping-pong keepaway. I've seen some utter ridiculous stuff that isn't called. I should've saved a replay of my Community Shield match vs. Man City. Kun Agüero pushed both Vidic and Rio off the ball , knocking them down and scores. "Come on, Man!" No call, no physics, as both of them are huge. Still loving the game, but it's starting to feel half finished. Dare I say, Fifa 13 beta?

P.S. Anyone seen any weather in Career Mode? Fifa 10 had sunny Manchester, 11 fixed it. Did they break it again?.....
Thanks for the bad news Brian, lol. I guess I will do the same tonight. Didn't get into a career mode yet, but nice to know. Hope this doesn't occur often....

I agree about the fouls, frustrating!
Old 09-28-2011, 06:28 PM   #29
Hall Of Fame

bcruise's Arena

OVR: 48

Quote:
I don't know about what this did, but it didn't fix fouls. Just played to a draw with Chelsea and beat Bolton 1-0. Had a total of 3 fouls in two games. And I got mugged numerous times. Where this is going to be a huge deal is when I play the goon squads like Bolton, Fulham and the like. They tackle and counter-attack most times. If they can just bowl me over with no penalty, it's gonna turn into NHL-Fifa. This is really starting to bother me......
Disappointing, but thanks for the info.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen »