Home

Career Mode, Loss of Youth Academy Players and disappearing FA's

This is a discussion on Career Mode, Loss of Youth Academy Players and disappearing FA's within the EA Sports FIFA Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-04-2011, 04:21 PM   #33
Rookie

pendo's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: Career Mode, Loss of Youth Academy Players and disappearing FA's

Quote:
Originally Posted by dstokes31
Can't be console related, because you're reporting it on the PS3, and I'm having the problem on 360.

Whatever it is, it doesn't seem to affect everybody. Which, like someone here said, could make it even harder to fix for EA (if they try to fix it at all). Every single one of my friends or relatives with the game though report the issue happening, so I'm thinking that those with no problems have to be in the minority.
I posted the issue happening with Cleverley in my game. He just disappeared at the end of the 2nd season. Do you loan out a lot of players? I'm wondering if that effects it...
Old 10-04-2011, 05:15 PM   #34
Chelsea, Assemble!

Altimus's Arena

OVR: 58

Quote:
Originally Posted by pendo
I posted the issue happening with Cleverley in my game. He just disappeared at the end of the 2nd season. Do you loan out a lot of players? I'm wondering if that effects it...
I loan a lot of players but haven't had problems with them disappearing.
Old 10-04-2011, 07:08 PM   #35
Rookie

dstokes31's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagopax
Just a suggestion.

For someone who has the problem

1) Sim to the next season, or two seasons further and see if it still exists
2) Back up the save
3) Start a new manager and see if it continues to occur
4) If it does, try wiping the entire file from your HDD (which is why you back up) and without the backup (on a USB or seperate HDDD) go back into FIFA 12 and see if it happens again.

It could be a save issue, a profile issue, or just one of those rare bugs.
Thanks for the ideas. I tried this, though, and no dice. Still experiencing the issue. But for others with the problem, it definitely can't hurt to try.

As far as the question of whether or not this is dependent upon whether or not you loan out players, I don't think so. I've tried nearly every possible solution I can think of: clearing system cache, wiping HDD, wiping memory card, loaning the youth players out, never loaning them, loaning lots of non-youth players, playing the youth players all the time, not loaning anybody, releasing the youth players and trying to resign, playing as just a manager, playing as a player manager, playing under all the different money types, playing in different leagues, etc.

All result in the disappearance of youth players due to the "contract accepted" status if I keep them on my team for the duration of their contract. By releasing them into free agency and trying to resign them, same result, they disappear at the next transfer window (which is the earliest you can sign them, anyway, if I'm remembering correctly).

Just must be a rare bug of some sort. BTW, still no reply from EA despite a forum being started in their issues/glitches/bugs section and multiple emails many days ago (told I would get a reply within 24 hours). So I guess it's just a waiting game for now.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-04-2011, 08:08 PM   #36
Stu
All Star

Stu's Arena

OVR: 24

Tested on PC but didn't experience the issue. The youth players I signed had the "contract accepted" status for the first year but as soon as I switched over to the 2nd year it allowed me to re-sign them. I tried to sign them to a 1 year deal initially to see if that might be part of the issue but they wouldnt accept a 1 year deal. I offered one youth 1 year 300,000 a week but he turned it down in favor of a 2 year / 2000 a week contract instead.

None of my FA's have disappeared either, although it's clear the AI doesn't sign them.
Old 10-04-2011, 08:11 PM   #37
Qb
All Star

Qb's Arena

OVR: 43

Good work, dstokes. People like you who take the time to investigate these issues in hopes of finding a solution -- or at least a temporary workaround -- are what OS is all about. Hopefully your efforts will be rewarded by a proper fix. I know I'm looking forward to making the youth team a prominent aspect of my career mode... so much potential.
Old 10-04-2011, 10:28 PM   #38
Rookie

rjv3's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altimus
I loan a lot of players but haven't had problems with them disappearing.
I had a guy loaned out (Paloschi) whose contract was set to expire at the end of the season, unbeknownst to me. Once his loan was up he was automatically removed from my team (and placed in FA) because there is no opportunity to negotiate a contract with a player loaned-out. Also, he is returned at the end of the season when you don't have a chance to do any manager-type stuff so you can't do it then either...basically you get a bunch of emails that say loans have ended/how you did this season/manager awards and advance to the next season.

The only way to prevent this was to end the loan contract early so I could negotiate with him while he was in my squad. And this was successful.

Last edited by rjv3; 10-04-2011 at 10:30 PM. Reason: Clarity
Old 10-04-2011, 10:38 PM   #39
Rookie

pendo's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by dstokes31
Thanks for the ideas. I tried this, though, and no dice. Still experiencing the issue. But for others with the problem, it definitely can't hurt to try.

As far as the question of whether or not this is dependent upon whether or not you loan out players, I don't think so. I've tried nearly every possible solution I can think of: clearing system cache, wiping HDD, wiping memory card, loaning the youth players out, never loaning them, loaning lots of non-youth players, playing the youth players all the time, not loaning anybody, releasing the youth players and trying to resign, playing as just a manager, playing as a player manager, playing under all the different money types, playing in different leagues, etc.

All result in the disappearance of youth players due to the "contract accepted" status if I keep them on my team for the duration of their contract. By releasing them into free agency and trying to resign them, same result, they disappear at the next transfer window (which is the earliest you can sign them, anyway, if I'm remembering correctly).

Just must be a rare bug of some sort. BTW, still no reply from EA despite a forum being started in their issues/glitches/bugs section and multiple emails many days ago (told I would get a reply within 24 hours). So I guess it's just a waiting game for now.
So i take it that, the work around for now is to release the player during the last possible transfer window and sign them then?
Old 10-04-2011, 10:56 PM   #40
Rookie

OVR: 1

I'm seeing the issue on the 360. Is anyone having the issue on a PC? Or not having it on the 360? Maybe that's the difference.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen »