Home

FIFA 13 - Youth Academy and Player Growth

This is a discussion on FIFA 13 - Youth Academy and Player Growth within the EA Sports FIFA Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-25-2012, 11:38 AM   #49
Rookie

Gnemi's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: FIFA 13 - Youth Academy and Player Growth

If it's anything like last year, the Speed and Accel tend to develop over time. That's not realistic, but that's how FIFA handles it because of how Speed and Accel affect gameplay. Hard to fault EA for that. The gameplay mechanics tend to overvalue speed and acceleration.
Old 09-25-2012, 11:38 AM   #50
Orange and Blue!

Broncos86's Arena

OVR: 31

That's hard to say. Most of the kids I have are 14 - 16 still. I haven't seen a speedster, but I don't expect a 16 year old kid to keep pace with pro athletes right off the bat.
Old 09-25-2012, 11:43 AM   #51
Rookie

Gnemi's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broncos86
That's hard to say. Most of the kids I have are 14 - 16 still. I haven't seen a speedster, but I don't expect a 16 year old kid to keep pace with pro athletes right off the bat.
Yeah, I agree with that. Unfortunately, last year you'd have to wait until a player was 25 before you could count on them having respectable speed.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-25-2012, 11:43 AM   #52
Rookie

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broncos86
I guess my problem is also I'm not seeing big gains to either trait in the first few seasons either. Weird thing though, the comp. seems to be finding these guys. I saw a 90spd striker who was too young to be on the original roster. Also found a 80spd CB who was also 6'7. I bought him right away.
Old 09-25-2012, 12:05 PM   #53
Orange and Blue!

Broncos86's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by msuhockeycj
I guess my problem is also I'm not seeing big gains to either trait in the first few seasons either. Weird thing though, the comp. seems to be finding these guys. I saw a 90spd striker who was too young to be on the original roster. Also found a 80spd CB who was also 6'7. I bought him right away.
I have one kid who holds his own. He's only 16, a striker. He doesn't have quite the touch that the older guys have, but he isn't sluggish by any means. I'm still in my first season (playing every game), so we'll see how he develops. In just this first season, he's gone from a 55 OVR to a 61 OVR and has been a contributor.

Meanwhile, my GK was signed at 64 OVR mid way through the season and has massively high potential. So we'll see.
Old 09-25-2012, 12:09 PM   #54
MVP

eyeamg0dly's Arena

OVR: 15

the thing though is that irl, either you have speed or you dont have speed. acceleration can be learned to a degree.

question for you guys, do you have any physical heavy recruits with decent skill abilities? not expecting them to be the total package, but one or two areas of technical ability off the bat is nice to have. this was also a problem with fif12, your guys were either heavy on the physical side or the technical side.
Old 09-25-2012, 01:17 PM   #55
The Kaptain

gopher_guy's Arena

OVR: 22

Damn, you guys are going to make me buy this game, lol.

Player progression was one of my biggest disappointments in the FIFA series, because I play CM almost exclusively.

"The name on the front of the jersey is a hell of a lot more important than the one on the back."
-Herb Brooks
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-25-2012, 02:30 PM   #56
Rookie

OVR: 3

I found an italian gk who's potential is 90-94. I have yet to sign him but when I do I guess some team will love him as a loaned player for a few years.

but seeing how much better the scouting seems to be I almost want to take a team with a smaller budget and worse players and see what we can come up with

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen »