Home

*** Fifa 13 Ultimate Team Thread ***

This is a discussion on *** Fifa 13 Ultimate Team Thread *** within the EA Sports FIFA Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-10-2012, 11:14 AM   #241
MVP

Perceptor's Arena

OVR: 18
Re: *** Fifa 13 Ultimate Team Thread ***

Damn I should have bought the 360 version since that's where most of you are at....

ZM, don't use coins to buy packs - biggest waste of coins. If you're going to do the pack thing, you're better off using FIFA points. I've slowed down on byying packs because I get crap too. Going to wait to see if the Jumbo Packs are released.

If you want to improve your D, I'd suggest making sure you get a CB with decent pace. In FUT, a lot of teams just try to lob, lob, and through ball constantly. Also, make sure you have someone who's got good physicality to muscle the smaller players off the ball. Even then, you might still concede because of the way some teams play. Unfortunately, AI defending is a joke in FUT and often times, I find them useless on set pieces and positioning

I'm really struggling in Div 2 right now. I've been ripped a new one each game and it seems I can't hold onto the ball because my guys are double and triple teamed each time I get the ball. Then they will lob past my defenders and score in bunches. It's starting to take the fun out of the mode for me as I've built 3 pretty good teams yet still struggle mightily. I'm not a good player by any means, but it's really frustrating to get my arse kicked by cheap players
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-10-2012, 11:28 AM   #242
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perceptor
Damn I should have bought the 360 version since that's where most of you are at....

ZM, don't use coins to buy packs - biggest waste of coins. If you're going to do the pack thing, you're better off using FIFA points. I've slowed down on byying packs because I get crap too. Going to wait to see if the Jumbo Packs are released.

If you want to improve your D, I'd suggest making sure you get a CB with decent pace. In FUT, a lot of teams just try to lob, lob, and through ball constantly. Also, make sure you have someone who's got good physicality to muscle the smaller players off the ball. Even then, you might still concede because of the way some teams play. Unfortunately, AI defending is a joke in FUT and often times, I find them useless on set pieces and positioning

I'm really struggling in Div 2 right now. I've been ripped a new one each game and it seems I can't hold onto the ball because my guys are double and triple teamed each time I get the ball. Then they will lob past my defenders and score in bunches. It's starting to take the fun out of the mode for me as I've built 3 pretty good teams yet still struggle mightily. I'm not a good player by any means, but it's really frustrating to get my arse kicked by cheap players
YEah i feel quite the same.Its quite hard to get thorugh if you are not a really good dribller or something and those through balls and balls over my defensive line is driving me nuts....
Old 10-10-2012, 12:05 PM   #243
Rookie

OVR: 0

I have no clue what strategy to used vs those pass pass pass pass torugh ball kind of player full of Pace...

even with 4-2-3-1 my CDM are useless...
Old 10-10-2012, 12:05 PM   #244
Rookie

OVR: 2

Most people that struggle on defense are pressuring too high up the pitch. Play more contain and jockey until your opponent gets on the edge of your box. I often select the defender one pass off the ball and deny passes on players making a run through the midfield.

I'm struggling in D1 to win the title but I really haven't come close to relegation yet. Mostly it's just me not playing with any sort of gameplan.

What formation should I use on my BBVA team? I really like the 4-1-2-1-2 but it doesn't lend itself well to most of the good attackers in that league.

Edit: for those of you that are struggling YouTube PatrickHDxgaming and watch his video tutorials. His stuff is great and he thoroughly explains a ton of usefull tips and tactics. I had never played fifa until last year and ended up winning in division 1 consistently because of his info (and practice!)

Last edited by Blue Jacket; 10-10-2012 at 12:11 PM.
Old 10-10-2012, 12:57 PM   #245
All Star

jt45's Arena

OVR: 18

Tired of getting beat, so I switched my Silver Brazilians to Gold Brazilians. Let's just say the results have been outstanding. My Lucas-Oscar-Damiao trio up top is ridiculous.

http://www.ea.com/soccer/fifa-ultima...JSDbHQ6kTR:360
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-10-2012, 01:06 PM   #246
MVP

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perceptor

If I start a game against an all Brazilian squad, I immediately go into Ultra D. 9.9 times out of 10, if i kick off, there are immediately 2 players defending pressuring me. I will kick it back to my goalie, let them bring the pressure up to him, then quickly switch to Ultra Attack/counter attack. Usually they don't respond, or even just cant because his team is at the midline, and I score a quick goal. If I don't, its back to ultra D and letting them pace whore up back into my box.

If I win, its usally between 1-3 for me to 0-1for them. It really depends on how many clear looks I get it. Their team OTOH, will take like 20 shots in a game, none of them really clear, leading to a lot of corners.

Bottom line, if someone is using an all Brazilian squad, they are abusing pace and pressure. Just wait them out and sit back in the box. On the 360, don't be afraid to hold the A+L triggers buttons once they are in your 3rd. This contains them while you are strafing, making it hard for them to get a run on you. Keep an eye out for the opposite wing player, and if they try to lob over to him , hit L bumper and just start running right back into your box, dont even try to stick on top of them. Its rare for the player to be able to hit a long shot from outside the box at that wide angle, but it can happen; either way its better to give the guy some space so he cant just run by you.

This advice only applies to pace abuse whores, and leads to some boring games, but you'll at least stand a chance while your on the ball offensive skills develop.
Old 10-10-2012, 01:35 PM   #247
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Jacket
Most people that struggle on defense are pressuring too high up the pitch. Play more contain and jockey until your opponent gets on the edge of your box. I often select the defender one pass off the ball and deny passes on players making a run through the midfield.

I'm struggling in D1 to win the title but I really haven't come close to relegation yet. Mostly it's just me not playing with any sort of gameplan.

What formation should I use on my BBVA team? I really like the 4-1-2-1-2 but it doesn't lend itself well to most of the good attackers in that league.

Edit: for those of you that are struggling YouTube PatrickHDxgaming and watch his video tutorials. His stuff is great and he thoroughly explains a ton of usefull tips and tactics. I had never played fifa until last year and ended up winning in division 1 consistently because of his info (and practice!)

Thanks for the link.

I'll try 4-3-2-1 if I was you...

I need help...

Should I go for Bundesliga Side /BPL or Colombian side next???

currently have a Basque side and a Serie A side..

I got Arteta as building block for BPL and Subotic-Javi Martinez for Bundesliga

Colombia I have Armero-Guarin-Mureil-Arbebo-Perea. from my serie A side
Old 10-10-2012, 02:07 PM   #248
Pro

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carzola
Thanks for the link.

I'll try 4-3-2-1 if I was you...

I need help...

Should I go for Bundesliga Side /BPL or Colombian side next???

currently have a Basque side and a Serie A side..

I got Arteta as building block for BPL and Subotic-Javi Martinez for Bundesliga

Colombia I have Armero-Guarin-Mureil-Arbebo-Perea. from my serie A side
I got a Serie A 4-3-1-2. I absolutely kill with this formation for whatever reason. (I have Cambiasso CDM as the center midfielder and Guarin as the Right side CM ) . I played an all Italian squad last year in this formation and it's been my best bet in having an excellent attack opening shots up at the box and also stopping pacers on D.

Also got a Bundesliga 4-5-1 which I'm having good success with.

I have a 4-2-3-1 German coach who is one of the best so I'm thinking the next team is either going to be Columbian or U.S.A. team in this formation. I just noticed the Columbians because of Guarin and there's a lot of Talent/Speed all around amongst them. And if I'm going to build that team it's probably cheapest now before everyone else discovers that.

I Still need a Silver and Bronze team but I don't know how I want ot build it. I know I don't want a Brasilver.. And it seems to the MLS silvers are very expensive so I doubt I got that route. What are Silver and Bronze leagues/nations with good and cheaper talent?

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen »