Home

*** Fifa 13 Ultimate Team Thread ***

This is a discussion on *** Fifa 13 Ultimate Team Thread *** within the EA Sports FIFA Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-13-2012, 10:48 AM   #265
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: *** Fifa 13 Ultimate Team Thread ***

http://www.ea.com/soccer/fifa-ultima...mfhTVyjlWl:360

This is the team I've played with the last two or three nights. Absolutely killing it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-14-2012, 12:32 AM   #266
MVP

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Jacket
http://www.ea.com/soccer/fifa-ultima...mfhTVyjlWl:360

This is the team I've played with the last two or three nights. Absolutely killing it.
Sorry man, you all pace teams ruin the fun in this game. There is no skill in being faster than most teams you play. I have a pace team and dont find it all that enjoyable to play ping pong soccer back and forth on the pitch.
Old 10-14-2012, 01:31 AM   #267
Pro

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigTim
Sorry man, you all pace teams ruin the fun in this game. There is no skill in being faster than most teams you play. I have a pace team and dont find it all that enjoyable to play ping pong soccer back and forth on the pitch.
Yeah it can be pretty frustrating lol. Playing with my favorite club Everton sucks because all that the game accounts for is pace and he's not the fastest of strikers. Last year strength seemed to be a lot more important.
Old 10-14-2012, 03:52 PM   #268
All Star

jt45's Arena

OVR: 18

Bought $10 worth of packs. Got luck and pulled a Iker Casillas. Solid him for 100k. Turned that into Robinho/Hulk/Pato/Marcelo

http://www.ea.com/soccer/fifa-ultima...Rxkh2yZmst:360
Old 10-14-2012, 08:46 PM   #269
Rookie

Quote:

Simply put... No.

People who make that excuse are just not schooled on how to play defense. The fact is, the "pace abuse" has been turned down so much in this game compared to last year that I hardly would even say that such a term should even exist.

Good players do not hold the sprint trigger for a number of reasons, especially now that first touch has been introduced. If you are getting beat consistently by "fast teams" you need to reexamine your methodology on FIFA defense.
Old 10-14-2012, 08:55 PM   #270
MVP

eyeamg0dly's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Simply put... No.

People who make that excuse are just not schooled on how to play defense. The fact is, the "pace abuse" has been turned down so much in this game compared to last year that I hardly would even say that such a term should even exist.

Good players do not hold the sprint trigger for a number of reasons, especially now that first touch has been introduced. If you are getting beat consistently by "fast teams" you need to reexamine your methodology on FIFA defense.
its not so much the offensive pace. its the sprinting on defense where it becomes the pain. especially if they know how to defend. personally i dont have a problem with it either way. its not the pace that kills the online play, just the inconsistancy of the momentum.
Old 10-14-2012, 10:23 PM   #271
MVP

OVR: 9

Quote:
Simply put... No.

Im 60/40 win to loss. It's not that I lose that I'm annoyed with, its that a few days ago I played 7 all brazilian squads in a row. The lineups they had were nearly identical with, I would estimate, a selection of about 20 different players. They all used the same tactic of ultra d/ counter attack, double pressure, through lobs and crosses.

Your team is exactly that from looking at it, though not all Brazilian. It's unoriginal and lame.

And just to put it out there, I mostly play with my German team with 70s pace defenders. I use a 352 formation and play defensive possession. I would guess I give up about 1.5 goals per game and score about that in return.

Last edited by BigTim; 10-14-2012 at 10:27 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-14-2012, 10:57 PM   #272
Rookie

Quote:
Im 60/40 win to loss. It's not that I lose that I'm annoyed with, its that a few days ago I played 7 all brazilian squads in a row. The lineups they had were nearly identical with, I would estimate, a selection of about 20 different players. They all used the same tactic of ultra d/ counter attack, double pressure, through lobs and crosses.

Your team is exactly that from looking at it, though not all Brazilian. It's unoriginal and lame.

And just to put it out there, I mostly play with my German team with 70s pace defenders. I use a 352 formation and play defensive possession. I would guess I give up about 1.5 goals per game and score about that in return.

Of course you are going to play a ton of Brazilian teams, it's one of, if not the most popular soccer nation in the world and in terms of quality players in FIFA games, Brazil dominates.

The thing is, it's a video game, it's not real soccer. If it were real, you wouldn't have guys stringing together fake rabona's into rainbow flicks and so on. I rarely play the lob/through ball game because it's low percentage. These same players that have great pace also have great passing and dribbling skills, which is how I like to play.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen »