Home

How's your FIFA 13 career mode going?

This is a discussion on How's your FIFA 13 career mode going? within the EA Sports FIFA Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-01-2012, 08:27 PM   #241
Pro

cardinals57's Arena

OVR: 10
Just had one of the best games I've ever played. I was Chelsea facing Manchester United in the quarter finals of the Capital One Cup. It was a close game though out seeing both teams have a plethora of chances but the game was still tied going into extra time. Around 10 minutes in I got a free kick 27 yards out and on the right side of the box. Oscar took it and shot a perfect ball that ended up barely going in the top corner. I was up 1-0 with 20 minute left! Well they kept on attacking and I kept on denying them until I made a horrible mistake on a goal kick. I wasn't paying attention and just passed it to Luiz, who was covered by Valencia. Well Valencia proceeds to easily tie the game up with his left foot. The game goes to penalties and now I'm pretty nervous at this point. That was until Van Persie and Valencia miss their penalties giving me the perfect opportunity to win. Marin was up to take the penalty, and he sealed the deal with our 4th and final penalty to win 4-3. I have never been so excited about a game of FIFA before lol
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-01-2012, 08:57 PM   #242
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: How's your FIFA 13 career mode going?

I love my carrer mode with Watford 2014/15

GK: Cragno 67
RB: Hewitt 72
CB: Zouma 80
CB: A scouted guy, I brought him from AC, He has strength, nearly speedstar
LB: Shaw 73
CDM: Kean (scouted guy) 76
CDM: McHugh (scouted guy again, has distance shooter) 71
RW: Jon Taylor 72
CAM: Piazon 78
LW: A.Young (when he actully played for Watford he was my faviourte player)
ST: Benzia 76

SUBS: Young (Scouted GK), Wynne 69, Rekik 73, Lycenns (Scouted CM) McHugh (Scouted CM), Murray 72, Cook (Scouted ST) 70

I want to start winning trophies, but I don't know how I can improve.
I like all round players, so players who are fast, strong, and energetic.
Please help!
Old 11-02-2012, 05:51 PM   #243
Rookie

kjking's Arena

OVR: 6

Im doing one with Red Bulls we are currently in 1st, with Henry and Cooper down, Ive had to change my lineup. Will be posting updates game by game updates, along with other news(transfers, international managment, etc.) from now on

Starting XI(Full Health) 4-1-3-2
GK:Ryan Meara, Ireland, 65 Overall
RB:Connor Lade, US, 65 Overall
RCB:Rafa Marquez, Mexico, 75 Overall
LCB:Heath Pearce, US, 67 Overall
LB:Roy Miller, Costa Rica, 65 Overall
CDM: Dax McCarthy, US, 67 Overall
RM:Jan Gunnar Solli, Norway, 69 Overall
CM:Tim Cahill, Australia, 77 Overall
LM:Joel Lindpere, Estonia, 68 Overall
ST:Thierry Herny, France, 79 Overall
ST:Kenny Cooper, US, 69 Overall
OR
ST:Sebastien Le Toux, France, 71 Overall

With the injuries, I moved Marquez to mid, changed fromation to 4-5-1, and put in Markuss Holgersonn(67 Overall, Sweeden) at center back.
Old 11-02-2012, 06:04 PM   #244
Pro

Bloop33's Arena

OVR: 19

Well I've started a Manager Mode as West Ham. Currently in my 2nd season. I finished 11th in the EPL last season after a very tough mid-season stretch. With my limited budget, I focused on older players last season through transfer, just trying to solidify myself before I focused on youngsters, and surprisingly, not many guys retired (even though I've sold a few since)

Current line-up (3-4-1-2) has:

GK: Bernd Leno (80) - Bought him last season when Jaaskelainen was struggling and losing overall.
CB: Ben Kane (65) - Signed from the youth academy, the 16 year old has nice key stats and plays really well.
CB: James Tomkins (77) - Original West Ham defender, is my tallest starting defender, solid all around.
CB: Phil Jagielka (80) - Bought from Everton last season, gives good leadership and ability at the back.
RM: Jack Collison (77) - Another guy from the original team, isn't anything special but fits in well in the midfield
RCM: David Beckham (74) - Doesn't need much explaining. Was dirt cheap to get from the Galaxy, then didn't retire.
LCM: Michael Carrick (78) - Another veteran presence, should continue to help solidify the mid until the young guys develop
LM: Matt Jarvis (78) - Another original member, I really like his speed on the outside, not a great passer though.
CAM: Etzaz Hussain (74) - 20 year old Norwegian just bought on transfer, at only 20 has a lot of room to grow to take over CAM permanently
RS: Luka Djordjevic (70) - 19 year old from Montenegro, another tranfer buy. Brings some youth to a weak striking group
LS: Mobido Maiga (77) - Not a prolific scorer, beat Carroll out as the starter last season under a 1 striker system though.

Subs:

CM: Mohamed Diame (73)
- Slow growth last season has him on the fringes, solid two way back up though.
CAM: Korede Southern (65) - Signed from youth, has good speed and offensive abilities, hoping to get him to grow to a 69 by the end of the year.
ST: Josh Kitson (64) - Also signed from youth, scored 4 goals in his 7 games last season, hoping he'll grow to at least 67 this year.
CB: Winston Reid (75) - A good CB, will get quite a few starts, might wind up being transferred in the January Window because of a crowded backfield.
CB: Frauches (74) - 20 year old CB from Brazil, will definitely contend for a starting job. Has nice speed and strength combination for a CB.
CAM: Kevin Nolan (75) - With all the youth, he'll be leaned on to provide stability to the midfield when needed. Very good goal scorer.
CM: Ravel Morrison (71) - Back from a loan last season, I haven't used him yet but he has nice looking speed and ball ability. At age 20, could be here to stay.
GK: Jay Long (65) - Signed from Free Agents, at age 17 looks to be my future in net, since I plan to sell Leno after a while. At 6'4", has very good size.
CAM: Craig Morris (67) - Another Free Agent signing the 19 year old from Wales looks to be a possible future starter, just needs to work on his ball ability.
CM: Danny Griffiths (64) - A Youth signing, he has good speed and decent ball ability. Lots of room for growth though.
CB: James Collins (73) - The veteran CB will have a tough time getting starts, but provides depth. Looking to sell him though

A few others as well, but are neither top prospects or likely starters.

My vision for the team is continue to build with the youth, while keeping some veterans to keep competitive until they develop. I want to have mostly players from the UK, but will definitely bring in internationals to improve on weak spots.

My hopes for this season is a top 10 finish in the EPL, while growing most of my young players +3 or more each. By year 3 or 4, I hope to contend for a possible Champions League spot, but that will be difficult.

S.O.S. Crew Bowl XV+XXV Champion

Houston Texans
Winningest Owner in SOS History

Old 11-02-2012, 07:23 PM   #245
Rookie

kjking's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ostrichman68
I love my carrer mode with Watford 2014/15

GK: Cragno 67
RB: Hewitt 72
CB: Zouma 80
CB: A scouted guy, I brought him from AC, He has strength, nearly speedstar
LB: Shaw 73
CDM: Kean (scouted guy) 76
CDM: McHugh (scouted guy again, has distance shooter) 71
RW: Jon Taylor 72
CAM: Piazon 78
LW: A.Young (when he actully played for Watford he was my faviourte player)
ST: Benzia 76

SUBS: Young (Scouted GK), Wynne 69, Rekik 73, Lycenns (Scouted CM) McHugh (Scouted CM), Murray 72, Cook (Scouted ST) 70

I want to start winning trophies, but I don't know how I can improve.
I like all round players, so players who are fast, strong, and energetic.
Please help!
You should go onto www.sofifa.com Really great website all about fifa soccer video games. Use it alot
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-03-2012, 04:14 PM   #246
Just started!

OVR: 0

im just starting season 2 with man.city after winning the league and cup on world class difficulty. ive made lots of changes to my team and have a 3-3-4 formation.

hart marcelo ramos badstuber navas robben y.toure lewandowski suarez falcao benzema.

i still have £141 million too as i sold kompany for 55 mil ageuro for 60 mil silva for 45 mil and nasri for 40 mil plus tevez, balotelli and dzeko for 20-30 mil each.
Old 11-03-2012, 04:21 PM   #247
Rookie

kjking's Arena

OK Ive scratched my Red Bulls and im going with the...

I will post depth chart later and see what happens after that
Old 11-03-2012, 06:13 PM   #248
Pro

Bloop33's Arena

OVR: 19

After a quick season, that resulted in a 12th place finish, West Ham looks to make a bigger impact in my 3rd year as manager. I saved $20 million last season after selling some older players, so start with $28.5 million as a budget with $140 in weekly wages.

First move was to sign some young Free Agents and my youth players.

CAM: Jordan Webster (71)
- Free Agent, 19 year old mid, looks to be a nice playmaker for the future
CDM: Paul Cadamarteri (64) - Free Agent, 18 year old defensive mid. Has good speed, should develop well.
CB: James Goulbourne (69) - Free Agent, 19 year old defender. Another good all around CB, hopefully develops quick
CDM: Will Akinde (69) - Free Agent, huge 6'6" 19 year old. Has a great defensive game already, might get some starts this year.
ST: Jason Bishop (64) - Free Agent. Speedy 18 year old striker, shows a lot of potential, will be loaned.
LW: Esteban Navarro (71) - Youth, First non-English player from the youth squad, has amazing potential, will be immediate starter in a new wider formation
RW: Liam Hulse (63) - Youth, Another very talented winger, hopefully develops to be the player who plays with Navarro.
RM: Nathan Philliskirk (65) - Youth, Good looking young mid, has good offensive potential, will take time to develop.
ST: Adam Evans (66) - Youth. A play making striker, he brings good skill and speed, should probably get some games this year.
GK: Angelo Natali (71) - Free Agent, likely starting goalie this season while Jay Long continues to develop.

Transfers To Team:

RM: Jens Gorlitz (74) $8,500,000 - Young German RM, will bring some depth to the wide mid position. At age 20, has nice potential.
ST: Rodrigo (83) $35,000,000 - The 23 year old Spaniard has speed and great finishing ability. With a striker group who is learning, it is important to get a bonafide scoring star to remain competitive.
RB: Ashley Richards (75) $4,600,000 - Needing some more speed and skill for my wide back, Richards looks like he'll be the man for me.
RW: Jeremain Lens (78) $8,500,000 - Another winger, will hopefully bring more skill for when i play a wider formation.

Transfers From Team:

ST: Modibo Maiga (78) $8,500,000 - The Striker had a hard time scoring last year, with only 5 goals in all competitions
CM: Paulinho (83) $19,000,000 - While definitely my best mid, his price was higher than it would ever be, and with my midfield depth, he is expendable now.
CB: Winston Reid (75) $3,500,000 - Struggling to keep a starters spot, selling him to Southampton is best for both sides

S.O.S. Crew Bowl XV+XXV Champion

Houston Texans
Winningest Owner in SOS History

Last edited by Bloop33; 11-03-2012 at 06:56 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen »