Home

How's your FIFA 13 career mode going?

This is a discussion on How's your FIFA 13 career mode going? within the EA Sports FIFA Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-04-2012, 12:18 AM   #249
Pro

Bloop33's Arena

OVR: 19
Re: How's your FIFA 13 career mode going?

Another long season in West Ham underway, Rodrigo has struggled and see's himself being sold in the January Window. Very disappointing but Djordjevic has played well, and I'm looking at bringing in another young striker to replace him, as well as a nice CAM in Thomas Cleverly, who the fans really want.

S.O.S. Crew Bowl XV+XXV Champion

Houston Texans
Winningest Owner in SOS History

Old 11-04-2012, 10:31 AM   #250
Rookie

kjking's Arena

OVR: 6

Seattle Sounders Rise to Glory

The Sound From Seattle: Sounders release Depth Chart!

GK:Micheal Gspurning,74, A vetran keeper. I am looking for a backup in the transfer market

RB: Adam Johansson, 66, Another vet I have transfer listed( he is 29)

CB: Andrew Duran,60, The only defender here for the long haul, he is a young, only 22, and has solid stats.

CB: Patrick Ianni,65, is a potential transfer for next year, as his contract expires in 2013

LB: Marc Burch,63, is another transfer listed defender. He is 29 and will be headed out soon

CDM: Osvaldo Alonso,76, begins the core of the club. The CDM from the US is a standout and is only 26.

RM: Cordell Cato,63, is competing for a starting job with Mauro Rosales but is favored by manager KJ King because of his young age (19) and his blinding speed.

CM: Mario Roberto Martinez,68, is a natural left mid but was pushed to center due to another left mid. He will compete for a job with Christian Tiffert.

LM: Steve Zakuni,71, is a very fast and young (24) player from the Congo that will be at the club for a while.

ST: Eddie Johnson,71, is the oldest (27) of the core players and could be headed out the door soon.

ST: Freddy Montero,75, is the star of the club and is very young at age 24 and is a goal scoring threat.

Bench

CM: Christian Tiffert,75, is a veteran midfielder from Germany and will see occasional playing time through subs and could compete for a starting job with Martinez

CM: Andy Rose,63, could eventually see a starting role, as he is a great prospect at age 22.

LM: Alex Casky,64, is a left midfielder from the US the manager King decided to take out of the starting job in favor of Zakuni, despite Zakuni being a year older.

RM: Mauro Rosales,77, was knocked of his starting perch by the 19 year old Cato, the old vetran (31) will most likely see playing time of the bench.

CB: Jeff Parke,66, had his starting role taken away by Duran and could occasionally fill in at cebter back.

Friendly results will be posted later and the 1st match will be up by tomorrow

Last edited by kjking; 11-04-2012 at 12:54 PM.
Old 11-04-2012, 06:25 PM   #251
Pro

Bloop33's Arena

OVR: 19

I wasn't able to sign Tom Cleverley, but was able to do some other things..

Sold some players, including Rodrigo, sent some away on loans, big thing though, the guys I brought in.

GK: Joe Hart (84) - My goaltending has been terrible, Sold Leno too soon I think. Anyways, bringing in the England National goalie should help.
CB: Ciaran Clark (82) - I needed a really good defender, my marking has been terrible, Clark provides that and is only 25.
ST: Andrea Martinetti (80) - The 20 year old striker from Italy brings a ton of speed, which should fit in with my fast break style.

The changes have brought a few more impact player at a few positions that really needed it. My Midfield has no superstar in it, but the players I have work fairly well as a group. We've battled out of relegation and have been competitive with Arsenal, Man Utd and Chelsea. Hopefully I can get myself a 15th place finish and the youngsters will be grown to a point of being competitive. Having good goaltending has really helped.

S.O.S. Crew Bowl XV+XXV Champion

Houston Texans
Winningest Owner in SOS History

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-04-2012, 10:32 PM   #252
Rookie

jjbreez90's Arena

OVR: 4

Just started managing Burton Albion, cannot decide whether or not I will stay with them all the way through or actually take job offers to other places (building them up to the EPL sounds cool though so I will probably do that)

So far the fans love me. After going scoreless in the friendlies my team has come alive (Currently 2nd with 12 points, 3-0-1 record, 10 GF and 4 GA) but we did get smacked in the Capitol One Cup (1-3 loss to Charlton Athletic)

I tried to re-sign my best player (Cannot remember his name, but he is a pretty young LM/CAM) but he refused and is unhappy. That makes me mad because he is a beast (He always leads my team in dribbles and passes completed...) but I did get a good young CAM on loan from one of the Saudi teams. Now I am at the Deadline looking to acquire a young CAM incase he leaves.

Biggest surprise so far is my Striker Zola. He has been lighting it up with 7 Goals (Leads the League at the moment) and has just been finishing off everything. Having a LOT of fun with FIFA so far. Really glad I picked it up off Amazon
Old 11-05-2012, 01:56 AM   #253
Just started!

OVR: 0

Hello fellow fifaERS.
So I have started a career with my favorite team; Hamburger SV from the german 1st division, the bundesliga.

Here are some tips on how I successfully play the game:

[b]Transfers
Intro steps:
1. Go through your squad and sell anyone you do not need.
2. Determine on which position you need strengthening, make a few offers for players.

- How to make money
Sell any youngsters from your team with low potential, who dont have too great of a ranking.
If a team like Real Madrid, Barcelona, Man Utd, Chelsea, Man City, PSG, or any team of such financial power makes a bid for one of your players, dont be afraid of counter offering a bid that is 15% - 20% increased (relative to the sum; so 25m -> 30 m/ 7m -> 8.5m etc.) be reasonable.
Finally, when you are done with your transfers for the window, plan ahead! Go on the free agents market and sign 4 - 5 players who's values are 2 - 5mil atleast, make sure you dont promise them anything in the contract. These players, you can sell for about 3 mils each next transfer window. They are great to fill any vacancies in case of injuries, and when you sell them you'll make approx. 20 mil from scratch.

- loan youngsters from bigger teams, but set a transfer fee for the next window so when they increase in rating you dont have to pay more.

- sell players when they are around 28, unless you absolutely need them, in that way you don't lose money

- if a player who you bought for a lot of money does not help you then sell him for the amount you bought him for and buy someone else, dont be shy to sell good players
e.g.
I bought Lorenzo Insigne (86) with Hamburg in my 4th season for 7 mil + Fasciatore (Italian striker, 22 with rating of 80), I put him on the right wing (Neymar CF, Shaarawy LW), but since hes not a left foot he did not do much for me when I played. So in the winter transfer window i sold him for 21 and bought Xerden Shaqiri (85), he was much better for me.

Formation: 4-3-3 (false 9)
My team:

LW/El Shaarawy(87) RW/Shaqiri(86)
CF/Neymar(91)

CM/Merkel(88) CM/Badelj(82)
CDM/Romulo(84)

LV/Alaba(82) CD/Zokora*(80) CD/Masi(87) RV/Danilo (83)

GK/Frison(85)

Bench:
RM/Beister(82)
LW/F De Paula*(80)
CM/Goretzka*(78)
CM/Xumetru Feliu*(78)
CD/Romagnoli(79) [got him really cheap first season from Roma]
CD/Mancienne(79) [will sell him next window due to his age]

*Free agent

Description:
I finance my team by signing free agents, selling free agents and old players who will soon lose value. (Stock market technique)
Old 11-05-2012, 08:31 AM   #254
Rookie

wilson1379's Arena

OVR: 0

Started up a Career Coach Mode with Norwich City, try and get them to an elite level hopefully.

Right now, I'm at about the halfway point, I was eliminated from both cups fairly early but I've had some pretty good league success.

Right now I'm sitting in 7th or 8th spot, safe from relegation and hoping to take a crack at a top 5 spot to end the season perhaps. I've improved my team quite a bit since getting ahold of them.

I picked up David De Gea and Daniel Sturridge from ManU and Chelsea of course and they have been huge for me. I just beat ManU 4-1 at Old Trafford actually and that really put a dent in their chances at catching Man City.

So for right now, I'm basically just looking forward to the end of the season, trying to grab a few more players, raise some youngsters in my YA and hopefully grab a spot in Europa League is possible.

I also took the first NT Coach job I was offered just because I was eager to try it out. I got Turkey, not bad. Currently finishing up a stage of WC Quals, Top 2 make it out and I'm sitting 2nd behind Portugal and The Netherlands are in 4th and look like they won't even make it.

Anyway, I'm really enjoying all the aspects of this game and I'm looking forward to getting to try out the International competitions as well as the new club features with Champions League and what not.
Old 11-05-2012, 09:27 AM   #255
Rookie

kjking's Arena

OVR: 6

Sorry this took so long everyone. Here are the friendly results

We won 2-0 and 5-0 and drew 0-0. In our last game(the 5-0 one) Eddie Johnson went down with a sprained knee and is going to be out for 4 weeks. Montero had a hat trick which is a good sign. Cato also scored and so did Tiffert who I brought on for Johnson and he scored in the 90th minute. Cato and Zakuni both scored in our 1st game. Our 1st game is at home against Toronto.

I want your guys insight on whether I should give match by match coverage, like i will for the Toronto game, or brief coverage(goals, subs,cards,etc.) like I did here. I will keep you up to date on everything else going on( such as players wanting playing time and other transfers) just let me know. Thanks in advance!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-05-2012, 10:42 AM   #256
Pro

jmaj315's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjking
Seattle Sounders Rise to Glory

The Sound From Seattle: Sounders release Depth Chart!

GK:Micheal Gspurning,74, A vetran keeper. I am looking for a backup in the transfer market

RB: Adam Johansson, 66, Another vet I have transfer listed( he is 29)

CB: Andrew Duran,60, The only defender here for the long haul, he is a young, only 22, and has solid stats.

CB: Patrick Ianni,65, is a potential transfer for next year, as his contract expires in 2013

LB: Marc Burch,63, is another transfer listed defender. He is 29 and will be headed out soon

CDM: Osvaldo Alonso,76, begins the core of the club. The CDM from the US is a standout and is only 26.

RM: Cordell Cato,63, is competing for a starting job with Mauro Rosales but is favored by manager KJ King because of his young age (19) and his blinding speed.

CM: Mario Roberto Martinez,68, is a natural left mid but was pushed to center due to another left mid. He will compete for a job with Christian Tiffert.

LM: Steve Zakuni,71, is a very fast and young (24) player from the Congo that will be at the club for a while.

ST: Eddie Johnson,71, is the oldest (27) of the core players and could be headed out the door soon.

ST: Freddy Montero,75, is the star of the club and is very young at age 24 and is a goal scoring threat.

Bench

CM: Christian Tiffert,75, is a veteran midfielder from Germany and will see occasional playing time through subs and could compete for a starting job with Martinez

CM: Andy Rose,63, could eventually see a starting role, as he is a great prospect at age 22.

LM: Alex Casky,64, is a left midfielder from the US the manager King decided to take out of the starting job in favor of Zakuni, despite Zakuni being a year older.

RM: Mauro Rosales,77, was knocked of his starting perch by the 19 year old Cato, the old vetran (31) will most likely see playing time of the bench.

CB: Jeff Parke,66, had his starting role taken away by Duran and could occasionally fill in at cebter back.

Friendly results will be posted later and the 1st match will be up by tomorrow
montero is a beast in my player career... every time i get an assist i realize its to him
i think he's in front of my player by like 2 goals... :/

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen »