Home

How's your FIFA 13 career mode going?

This is a discussion on How's your FIFA 13 career mode going? within the EA Sports FIFA Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-13-2012, 03:54 PM   #265
Sexiest Woman Alive!

Peji911's Arena

OVR: 17
Re: How's your FIFA 13 career mode going?

So CM doesnt freeze anymore I suppose?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-14-2012, 03:39 PM   #266
Pro

jmaj315's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjking
xbox, but i dont have live
ahhhh i have ps3 :/
online is free lol
Old 11-14-2012, 04:46 PM   #267
Rookie

OVR: 0

CLUB: Manchester United
SEASON WITH CLUB: Second Season
CURRENCY: U.S. Dollar

I'm currently in my second season with Man UTD and happy with the growth of the team. A lot of things did not happen the way I expected them to in the First season, so I'll bring you up to speed:
Normally I would have chosen a club like Sheffield UTD and worked my way up the ranks, but I figured that I’ll start one with a bigger clubs this time. Managing a team like Man Utd, the Board expects you to win the Premier League, the Euro Championship and the English League Cup. Unfortunately, this club needs a little work before you can start dominating in every competition. With a huge amount of available transfer funds, you are able to offload and purchase suitable players to add stability to the biggest problem..

DEFENSE:
Nearly all the club’s key Defenders are Injury Prone, which includes young players like Rafael and Smalling. And with the likes of Vidic, Ferdinand and Evra in their prime, I find myself relying more on Jonny Evans to hold the back line.

CB Vidic – 89
CB Ferdinand – 83
LB Evra - 83
CB Smalling – 78
CB Jones – 78
CB Evans – 77
RB Rafael – 77

In two months Ferdinand dropped from 83 to 81 overall, so I subbed him for Evans in the Starting XI. Jonny Evans gew by 2 (79) soon after. Vidic was injured on the first Premier League game against Everton and was out for 3 weeks. I rotated Jones and Rio in that position. I had Smalling playing on the right as a sub for Rafael. He grew by 2 points, putting him at 80. Vidic came back and obviously starting in the back line. Patrice Evra was a one man show. At 31yrs of age he still had some pace, he can dribble, he can defend, he attacks down the flank, and he can cross … a brilliant Left Back. He was a steady 83 overall but was slowly dropping his physical Attributes. If Alexander Buttner was not rated so low, he would be subbing in for Evra, sadly 71 overall is well below par.

On the Summer Transfer Deadline Day I was able to acquire David Alaba, a 20 year old, 77 rated LB arriving from Bayern Munich on a $9.5 Million deal.

MIDFIELD
Needed less attention than Defense … however, the club needed a Box to Box midfielder. I tried putting Tom Cleverly in that position, but in FIFA 13 he is a Center Attacking Midfielder. Shinji Kagawa plays that role 10 times better. Scholes and Carrick were both rated 81 overall but Scholes dropped to 79 in 3 weeks.

LM Nani – 85
RM Valencia - 83
CAM Kagawa - 83
CM Carrick - 81
CM Scholes – 81
CAM Giggs – 81
CM Fletcher - 80
CAM Cleverley – 78
CM Anderson – 77

Looking at Cleverley’s stats, he is capable of playing CM. I made the mistake to pairing him with Kagawa during the first game against Everton and my Midfield was torn to shreds, it was almost nonexistent. I subbed Kagawa for Carrick at the half time mark and I managed to inch away with a 1 goal win at the very last minutes of the game. That was thanks to a Nani corner that was headed by Jones in the near post.

I did not added any world class CMs to the squad so Carrick was always starting. 2 months later he babbled something about reviewing his contract. I ended up paying him more because he grew to 82 overall.

I sold Young (82) for $19.5 Million to Real Madrid. Bought 17 year old Raheem Sterling(69) for $4.4 Million from Liverpool and 17 yr old Viktor Fischer (69) for 3.5 Million, they can play both the Left and Right Wings. I tried to get 19 year Zakaria Laybad (76) for $11.5 Mill but he was sold to some other team. I got a 18yr old left footed RW, Juan Manuel Itube (72) for $9 Mill.

Made a 2.6 Million profit for selling Young.

FORWARDS
In January, Real Madrid made an offer for Rooney (90) that I couldn't refuse. They put a $60 million bid for him and I countered with $92 million thinking that they wouldn't bother to take him, but they did >.> and Rooney left... just like that. So I rushed to get someone of better quality before the end of the Saga. No doubt I looked at Man City's Segio Aguero. I was able to land him for $48 Million.

Made a $44 Million profit

SCOUTING
I bought 2 very good scouts. One looking for a defender who will be the club’s future Vidic, the other scout is looking for a technically gifted player. I found Carl barker in England, a 16 yrs old 70 rated CB. I also found CM Franco Gomez 66 and CAM Miguel Varela 69 from Spain.

SUBSTITUTIONS:
Javier Hernandez - 84
Danny Welbeck - 80
Raheem Sterling - 70
Tom Cleverley - 79
Anderson -78
David Alaba - 77
Rio Ferdinand - 81

And that was my first season. I was second in the league, behind Chelsea on goal difference. I had so much money that I could have bought anyone, but I was pretty satisfied with the transfers. I won the Champions Cup and my youngster managed to win the Capital One Cup and the FA Cup, so I guess that's why I wasn't fired.

Last edited by Crysbayb; 11-17-2012 at 05:47 PM.
Old 11-15-2012, 06:53 AM   #268
Rookie

RagingTrav's Arena

OVR: 2

Started with AFC Wimbledon in League 2. Hired a 1*1* scout from England. Resigned anyone under 23 y.o. or above 60 overall with a year remaining. Transfer listed a couple of players and looking to bring in players on loan with a view to buy after. Expected to finish mid table.
My GK Seb Brown has refused to resign so am currently looking for a replacement for him.
Byron Harrison plays up front and has been awesome. He'll be around for a while i'm hoping.
Overall there are a few decent players in their early 20's and a good base to start with.
Old 11-15-2012, 06:32 PM   #269
Rookie

Never really played a challenging CM in the few FIFA's that I've played, so I have decided to take the York City job. Money is ridiculously tight here and so I felt that should be reflected in the board's leniency, so that is also set to strict (60%). With a starting budget of £160,000 and £2,000 per week in wages, there is very little I can do. So I have sent out two scouts. The Croatian, Zeljto Alanovic is scouting Germany for technically gifted players and my Dutch scout Luciano Room is currently scouting England for attackers.

So with limited activity we progressed to the first friendly against Hertha BSC. Final result was 2-4 (L).
A bit of a shame considering that we were ahead in the game twice, but they had more quality than us and therefore deserved the win.

After this friendly I managed to offload Jamie Reed to Barnet for £35,000 which was his exact market value. Then came the second friendly vs PEC Zwolle, which ended: 2-2 (D) A late goal from Patrick McLaughlin, struck from a fair distance managed to save us from losing despite being the better team.

After playing the first two friendlies I came to the conclusion that my front 3 lacked pace and technical ability and so decided to look at bringing in somebody on loan. I opted for Serge Gnarby but on reflection of the deal it would have left me with a minuscule wage budget of around £450. So I decided to cancel the loan and perhaps make a move in January, but I will most likely keep my fingers crossed that one of my scouts discover some worthwhile players.

My York side faced Gefle IF in the final friendly, the end result was: 1-0 (W) We comfortably won this game and the counter attacking style I've been developing is flourishing and we absorbed most of their pressure and looked very threatening once we won the ball back. The only downside to my first win was that first choice centre back Clark Carlisle is now out for 3 weeks with a hyper extended knee and will be a big miss as he was my best defender, if not best player in the squad.

In the build up to the first league game a news item was flagged up saying that York's predicted finish would be 23rd. This is something I'm confident can be avoided as there are a few players in the side such as Chambers and Kearns that are of decent enough quality to prevent a finish in the bottom part of the league. The first game was against Wycombe Wanderers and finsihed: 1-0 (W) It was a very tight game, but we managed to sneak away with 3 points due to a crafty counter attack that was finished of by Daniel Kearns after he initially picked up the ball and got the move under way.

Going to look at offering the majority of my squad new contracts, as with the exception of a few players - the majority of contracts are set to run out at the end of the season, and if I am to try and bring this side up through the divisions I can't afford to lose half of my squad at the end of the first season.

Next up is Stevenage in the COC and I shall keep you updated as to how my CM goes, thanks.
Old 11-16-2012, 12:51 PM   #270
Rookie

Season 1 with Liverpool. My league expectations were to make the Europa league and reach the final of the FA Cup. To start, I sold Joe Cole and Stewart Downing in the first transfer window and bought Casemiro and Andre Schurrle, lineup looked like this.

GK - Reina
RB - Johnson
CB - Skrtel
CB - Agger
LB - Enrique
RDM - Lucas
LCM - Sahin
CAM - Gerrard
RW - Assaidi
LW - Schurrle
ST - Suarez

GK - Doni
RB - Kelly
CB - Coates
CM - Allen
CM - Henderson
LW - Sterling
ST - Borini

Played surprisingly well in the first half (other than losing away to Blackpool in the League Cup) and was consistently in the top 2/3 with Chelsea and Man U.

Highlights from the first half of the season included comeback 2-1 victories at home against Norwich and at White Hart Lane against Spurs. I also took an early 1-0 lead against United at home only to lose 2-1 on a late Chicharito winner from the bench. I defeated City 1-0 at home in our first meeting and Arsenal 3-2 also at home.

Everything was going well until I hit a (very) rough patch of form before the January transfer window. I lost 5-2 to Fulham, 3-2 to Stoke, defeated QPR 2-1 and then lost 2-1 to Sunderland. This left me firmly out of the running for 1st and 2nd and dropped me down to 4th behind Arsenal, just 1 point in front of Man City in 5th. I then drew with United and inexcusably lost at home 1-0 to Norwich dropping me down to 5th place.

I wasn't going to spend money in this window but decided I would be better suited brining in another Striker to take the load off Suarez/Gerrard I had about £7m left over from my summer budget and decided to ask for £5m by promising Champions League football. Henderson had been underperforming all year and with Shelvey/Casemiro/Allen he had become surplus to requirements so I cut him lose to West Brom for £6m (I was given £4.5m for my budget), Doni complained about playing time so I sold him for £400k and decided to spend my January budget on Cisse, who requested a transfer from Newcastle. I bought Cisse for £13m and signed him to a 3 year contract worth £70k per week.

That's where I am now, just passed the January window and am now sitting in 5th place, table looks like this.

Chelsea - 23 GP - 55 PTS
Man Utd - 24 GP - 50 PTS
Man City - 25 GP - 48 PTS
Arsenal - 24 GP - 43 PTS
Liverpool - 23 GP - 42 PTS
Spurs - 25 GP - 40 PTS

My next 7 League games are

West Brom - Home
Man City - Away
Swansea - Home
Arsenal - Away
Wigan - Away
Southampton - Away
Spurs - Home

Huge games against City, Arsenal and Spurs and 4 games I really need to take at least 8 points from.

For the summer I'm hoping to either bring back Sahin for a permanent stay or bring in Alex Witsel to replace him.

Update: After defeating West Brom 3-2 I had an FA Cup game against Wigan on a Sunday, I won and came out of the game to find that my game against Arsenal had been moved up to 2 days before my game against Man City, meaning I had 4 games in the span of 7 days (Wigan on Sunday, Arsenal on Tuesday, Man City on Thursday and Swansea on Saturday).

I stayed with my starting XI for Arsenal and decided to bite the bullet on the Man City game by playing youngsters. I managed to eek out a hard fought 1-0 victory against Arsenal at the Emirates on a goal from Cisse that was assisted by Suarez. Reina had a massive game, 14 saves, 4 or 5 of which were top class game savers and he also dominated the area claiming anything near the 6 yard box.

The game against Man City was closer than anticipated considering my starting XI was completely drained by this point and I played mostly youngsters. Aguero, Silva and Dzeko were all injured and Kolarov was suspended. Balotelli scored 2 and Schurrle brought one back late on after being subbed on for Suso but it was too late and I fell 2-1 at the Ethiad.

Suarez scored 2 against Swansea and I was able to hold on 2-1 for a victory at home before Assaidi scored the only goal of the game in the 45' at the DW Stadium to give me a 1-0 victory over Wigan.

I've now entered the home stretch, the final 10 games of the season.

Southampton - Away
Stoke City - FA Cup Quaterfinal
Spurs - Home
Aston Villa - Away
West Ham - Home
Reading - Away
Chelsea - Home
Newcastle - Away
Everton - Home
Fulham - Away
QPR - Home

Table looks like this

Chelsea - 27 GP - 62 PTS
Man Utd - 28 GP - 60 PTS
Man City - 28 GP - 57 PTS
Liverpool - 28 GP - 54 PTS
Spurs - 28 GP - 49 PTS
Arsenal - 27 GP - 46 PTS

End of Season Update: Suarez scored a hat trick against Southampton to bring his EPL season goal tally to 22 and I won 4-2 after a late goal from Fabio Borini sealed the victory and, I then defeated Stoke 3-1 to advance to the Semi Finals of the FA Cup.

I lost 1-0 to Aston Villa and drew 0-0 with West Ham but luckily Spurs and Arsenal couldn't capitalize and didn't draw much closer during this bump.

I managed a 1-0 victory against Chelsea at home on a gorgeous goal from Assaidi, he picked up the ball just inside his attacking third and sprinted down the line, cut inside and scooped the ball once past David Luiz, and then again past Gary Cahill before firing a shot past Cech at the near post. I defeated Reading 3-1 before falling 2-0 to Newcastle.

This left me with 4 games left in the season, the next game being against Spurs, who I was 5 points ahead of in the table. I could all but clinch a CL spot with a victory over Spurs, putting me 8 points clear with 3 games left. I played for a draw and managed to nick a goal early on around the 25 minute after a beautiful turn and first time shot from Suarez past Lloris. That proved to be enough and I won 1-0.

To officially clinch 4th place and my spot in the Champions League I had to face Everton in a heated Merseyside Derby that saw Suarez score his final goal of the season and Schurrle add the winner to give me a 2-1 victory and spoil a screamer from Fellaini.

Now all that was left was to face Man United in the FA Cup Final, a game that went much smoother than I anticipated. Raheem Sterling opened the scoring in the 55th minute after a nice fake cross and cut inside allowed him to find the space to a curl his shot past Lindegaard. 5 Minutes later Coates made it 2 and I was able to cruise to victory and hoist the cup, defeating United 2-0 at Wembley. The end of a great week that saw me clinch a CL spot, win the Merseyside derby, defeat United and win the FA Cup.

I ran out the youngsters for the final two games of the season and they managed 1-1 draws both against Fulham and QPR

Top scorers
Suarez (Liverpool) - 24
Odemwingie (West Brom) - 19
Gervinho (Arsenal) - 18
Torres (Chelsea) - 16
Ruiz (Fulham) - 16
Rooney (Man U) - 15
N'Zogbia (Aston Villa) - 15

Assist Leaders
Benzema (Chelsea) - 12
Schurrle (Liverpool) - 9
Danny (Arsenal) - 8
Defoe (Spurs) - 8
Dzeko (Man City) - 8
4 Players tied with 7

Clean Sheets
Cech (Chelsea) - 14
Joe Hart (Man City) - 14
Lindegaard (Man U) - 10
Szczesny (Arsenal) - 10
Reina (Liverpool) - 10
Krul (Newcastle) - 9

INTERESTING NOTE:
I had been tracking the other leagues all season long, the most interesting of all of the stories was that Atletico and Real Madrid were in a neck and neck heat for first place in La Liga all season long. However, when I came to check toward the end of the season Barcelona has made and impossible point gain, and records have been switched all over the place. They didn't play a full season, some teams played 35 games, other teams played 34 games. Atletico had at least 7 points subtracted from their total and Barcelona has been given at least 8 points (I think) based on the fact they had 10 draws and 1 loss and now have 6 draws and 2 losses, Real has also lost 2 points. Pretty disapointing, I had been following this race intently all year and now find out they just make up the standing at the end of the year. Dortmund also got screwed out of the Bundesliga title getting leapfrogged and points deducted by Schalke and Bayern both.

Biggest Transfers of the Season - Benzema to Chelsea (Summer), Sneijder to Man City (January), Mario Gomez to Real Madrid (January), Diego Milito to Real Madrid (January)

Last edited by DemiGodzillla; 11-18-2012 at 02:17 PM.
Old 11-16-2012, 10:18 PM   #271
Hard Times.

Bellsprout's Arena

OVR: 40

I started one with Derby County last night.

Played the 3 preseason friendlies I had, home to Everton, away to Werder Bremen, and home to Club Leon.

Drew 4-4 with Everton. Had a 4-1 lead in the second half and choked it away. Everton snaked the draw with a goal in stoppage time. Controller throw was considered, but ultimately decided against.

Beat Werder Bremen 6-2, Nathan Tyler had 4 goals. He's an odd player for me. He's only a 67 OVR, so he's perfectly suited for playing the Championship, it's not like he's too good for it, but his 92 (I think, doing this off memory) sprint speed makes him way faster than anybody else on the pitch and as such I end up dominating with him.

4-1 win over Club Leon to end the friendlies.

This team can freaking score.
A lot of you guys seem pretty cool, but you have wieners.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-16-2012, 11:57 PM   #272
Mo
SSN

Mo's Arena

OVR: 39

Won the treble, league cup, UCL, and the League.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen »