Home

Fifa 14 Youth Academy and Player Growth

This is a discussion on Fifa 14 Youth Academy and Player Growth within the EA Sports FIFA Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-27-2013, 08:42 PM   #33
Like Father Like son

ROABS's Arena

OVR: 17
Re: Fifa 14 Youth Academy and Player Growth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zangash
I've been doing that (Playing the games as they come up), but no dice. I've checked every single week except for a single international break (Because I wasn't paying attention, too used to having a thousand interruptions) and haven't come across a single 5/5 scout...

Maybe it's because I'm playing as Barca?
i have 2 5-5 scouts in my portsmouth career, one from england and one from spain. i think they cost around 11.5 million each. luckily i used financial takeover on my cm. just keep checking each week and youll find them.
Old 09-27-2013, 08:53 PM   #34
Banned

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gnemi
Oh dude, just sim it...every Saturday, you'll be given new options for scouts. Just sim until the following Saturday until you find a 5 * scout. Rinse-n-repeat and you'll have three in no time.

The scouts refresh on Sunday this year, not Saturday.
Old 09-28-2013, 09:46 PM   #35
Banned

More scouting / youth academy updates:

- Each career appears (so far) to be heavier in certain positions and lighter at others. I've already played multiple careers as a manager and some seasons have had LW / RW and few LB / RB, while my most recent 1 has a TON of REALLY talented attacking players at LB / RB and few attacking ST / CF.

- Goalies' progression is awful at the moment. (I'm sure this will change after a patch though)

- People have "confirmed" regens are in, but I think regens may not be back because I signed CR7 (Cristiano Ronaldo) specifically for the purposes of getting his surely ridiculous regen and the next year I didn't have a single new player.

*Also, to this point, through multiple careers, I haven't been able to get the Global Transfer Network to work for me as it relates to building teams of talented youth players. Also, currently, ALL the youth players found in the GTN show a potential of "Been at this team since XXXX".
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-28-2013, 10:57 PM   #36
Rookie

Gnemi's Arena

OVR: 7

Thanks for the update, Tony.

That's a bummer about goalies although to be fair, they progressed incredibly fast/easy in years past. Whether I recruited a talented keeper or pulled one up through the academy, I'd always get 5 points a year of progression from that position.

Other than goalies, can you share your observations with regards to progression and development? E.g. - Are your wingers becoming fast and gaining 4-5 points per season of development like last year?

I'm not bothered by a lack of regens. It's subjective of course, but I think regens are cheesy. Talent should be random. Sure, you should be able to get 92 rated players out of your Youth Academy, but they should be indeed rare and not necessarily guaranteed because you're at Real Madrid.
Old 09-28-2013, 11:23 PM   #37
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gnemi
Thanks for the update, Tony.

That's a bummer about goalies although to be fair, they progressed incredibly fast/easy in years past. Whether I recruited a talented keeper or pulled one up through the academy, I'd always get 5 points a year of progression from that position.

Other than goalies, can you share your observations with regards to progression and development? E.g. - Are your wingers becoming fast and gaining 4-5 points per season of development like last year?

I'm not bothered by a lack of regens. It's subjective of course, but I think regens are cheesy. Talent should be random. Sure, you should be able to get 92 rated players out of your Youth Academy, but they should be indeed rare and not necessarily guaranteed because you're at Real Madrid.

There has never been a version of this game where goalies progressed too fast.

And to answer your question, no particular position appears to prioritize a specific rating for progression. It appears the progression is more based on the players base abilities. Players that start off strong appear to gain more strength. Players that start off fast (I have a LB that started off with 91 SPD, 97 ACC) develop speed more than some others (that player is now 98 SPD, 97 ACC) halfway through his 2nd season.
Old 09-29-2013, 10:50 AM   #38
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony Aaron II
More scouting / youth academy updates:

- Each career appears (so far) to be heavier in certain positions and lighter at others. I've already played multiple careers as a manager and some seasons have had LW / RW and few LB / RB, while my most recent 1 has a TON of REALLY talented attacking players at LB / RB and few attacking ST / CF.

- Goalies' progression is awful at the moment. (I'm sure this will change after a patch though)

- People have "confirmed" regens are in, but I think regens may not be back because I signed CR7 (Cristiano Ronaldo) specifically for the purposes of getting his surely ridiculous regen and the next year I didn't have a single new player.

*Also, to this point, through multiple careers, I haven't been able to get the Global Transfer Network to work for me as it relates to building teams of talented youth players. Also, currently, ALL the youth players found in the GTN show a potential of "Been at this team since XXXX".
Regens are definitely back. Your regen might have appeared in the free agents market. I've had several regens of top players, the same way as in past versions.
Old 09-29-2013, 11:01 AM   #39
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zangash
Regens are definitely back. Your regen might have appeared in the free agents market. I've had several regens of top players, the same way as in past versions.

Ok... my season is in March but I just checked the free agents just in case but there was no possible regen of CR7 there. He could've easily been signed in the 1st or 2nd window, but I know there's no regen there now. I'm just reporting that.
Old 09-29-2013, 12:06 PM   #40
Rookie

Gnemi's Arena

OVR: 7

If regens or other amazing young talents are ending up in Free Agents, can't we all agree that this totally undermines the value of the Youth Academy?

In my last season's Career Mode on FIFA '13, it was very annoying to spend all this time recruiting for the Academy only to find much better or equally talented players listed as Free Agents and available for incredibly low wages.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen »