Home

Fifa 14 Youth Academy and Player Growth

This is a discussion on Fifa 14 Youth Academy and Player Growth within the EA Sports FIFA Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-20-2013, 06:21 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 8
Fifa 14 Youth Academy and Player Growth

Might as well get this thread going for the new season. Picked up the game off season ticket.

Youth Academy is handled the same as last year. It is not part of the Global Transfer Network. You hire scouts and send them out just the same.

Biggest thing I found now just a couple months in, academy players can now have multiple positions. My first signing was a CF, CAM, CM who came in a 60 OVR with max potential (has potential to be special). It seems players will come in lower overall but way to early to say that for sure.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-20-2013, 07:18 PM   #2
Rookie

Re: Fifa 14 Youth Academy and Player Growth

Also it appears players age at different points throughout the year, not all in July.
Old 09-20-2013, 07:31 PM   #3
Rookie

But they still all progress in attributes the 1st of May.
Old 09-21-2013, 06:31 PM   #4
Banned

OVR: 0

nice to hear about players with multiple positions
Old 09-21-2013, 08:12 PM   #5
Rookie

Players still don't come in with high physical stats. Some wings that I got will come in mid 70s Spd and acc but no one has more than that.

Most of the multiple positions make sense. Some guys can play across the defensive line. Some can play either RM or CM. I did have one odd combo of CAM who could also play LB.

Progression seems a little slower this year, maybe three points a season.
The January loan trick still works. (Send player on loan and recall him after a couple days in mid season transfer window and he will have his progression growth reset so he can essentially grow double.)

I'm not sure yet if the potential sayings still have the same meaning. I.e. Player has something special being 90-94 pot. Most guys who have been scouted to be in that range come in with something else (can't quite remember what) and I've had a few guys who have been fully scouted to have potentials in the 80's come in with that "has something special" tag. This will take more investigating.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-21-2013, 09:30 PM   #6
Banned

I'm downloading the early release now guys. I was confused about the release date and missed a few days. Anyway, I'm about the youth academy so I'll get you guys some real info by the end of the night.
Old 09-21-2013, 11:06 PM   #7
Banned

Ok, here's a few notes I haven't seen posted anywhere yet:

- Scouts now regenerate on Sunday, at the beginning of the calendar week.
- The game simulates EXTREMELY FAST!
* Using the calendar to move 1 or 2 days forward is probably your best bet.
- From what I can tell so far, the ONLY 3 countries you need to recruit are Argentina, Brazil, and Spain. Over & over again, just like last year. I've already got 5 potential GREAT players, and it's just November.
- Youth academy players are now listed as playing multiple positions.
- Youth academy players can now be listed as CF for their main position. (Just got 1, he's a Winger)
- This may be a bug, but in the EARLY ACCESS VERSION "Showing Great Potential" and "Has Potential To Be Special" seem to be mixed up, each often showing where the other should be present.
*UPDATE: In my 3rd season, after tweeting @EASPORTSFIFA about the early access youth academy glitches, the "Has Potential To Be Special" glitch appears to have changed.
- CPU teams can now buy your 16 year old players.
- REALLY FAST youth academy players are now possible! (87 ACC, 77 SPD = 17 yr old, 74 OVR Attacking RW/LW)
- Youth Academy GOALIES can play multiple positions. (I have a GK / CAM / CDM - No non-GK skill though)
- Youth academy player can have the same position listed multiple times. (ex: RB / LB / LB / CDM)
- HUGE NOTE: Loaning out a "Has Potential To Be Special" player can get their status downgraded to "Showing Great Potential" when they return to the team.
- Calendar simulations DON'T GET INTERRUPTED FOR ANY REASON.
- So far computer teams have not signed any of my scouted players.
- SCOUTS CAN BE WRONG ABOUT PLAYER POTENTIAL (too high and too low - at least in the early access version)
* Following up on that... The potential statuses appear to be random to a degree. Reloading and resigning the players causes their potentials to waiver a bit.

Last edited by Tony Aaron II; 09-24-2013 at 05:04 AM.
Old 09-21-2013, 11:36 PM   #8
Banned

Here are some additional notes you all may know, but just in case...

- Youth academy players ratings are MUCH LOWER to begin with but end around the same place.
- Most youth academy players appear to be much older. Mostly 16 year olds, some 15 year olds. I haven't seen any 14 year old youth players to this point.
- Player heights are now shown (at least in the American version) as feet and inches, rather than cm. For example: 5'9" instead of 175 cm.
- Youth academy players age at different times.
- Youth academy players still develop on May 1st. (And the players with low ratings go up quite a bit)

Last edited by Tony Aaron II; 09-24-2013 at 05:06 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen »