Home

Fouls In FIFA 14

This is a discussion on Fouls In FIFA 14 within the EA Sports FIFA Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: How Do You Feel About EA's Philosophy On Fouls
I completely agree, fouls only slow down the game 1 1.20%
I completely disagree, fouls should be more realistic 80 96.39%
I don't care either way 2 2.41%
Voters: 83. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-04-2013, 01:35 PM   #17
Rookie

Gnemi's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: Fouls In FIFA 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJT
What the developers need to realize is fouls can change a gameof soccer. If a player gets an early yellow, he needs to change how he plays or else might get sent off later. So that 1 foul changes the game since he now has to worry about being sent off (which also changes the game).

Also in soccer a foul could stop a counter-attack or be used for rest, its a vital part of the game.

Who doesnt like seeing free-kicks scored?? Another exciting part to soccer.

This needs to be addressed and no more psycic defenders.
Yeah, this.

Indeed. Indeed. Indeed. and....Indeed. Well done!
Old 10-05-2013, 07:22 AM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 3

At least EA should add a slider to set fouls frequency.....
Old 10-05-2013, 07:55 AM   #19
Hall Of Fame

LingeringRegime's Arena

OVR: 47

Concerned Sports Gamer: It would be nice if we can get realistic fouls in FIFA.

EA Sports:
Spoiler
Old 10-05-2013, 09:18 AM   #20
MVP

BL8001's Arena

OVR: 0

Anyone just see that foul called for a PK in the man city Everton match? I see worse than that in fifa 14 every game and it isn't even being close to whistled.

This is what I was saying in the impressions thread...the game is changing and light contact is being whistled for fouls much more frequently.

This change didn't happen yesterday. The game has been moving this direction for the last 5-6 years. They are protecting the players just like the nfl is trying to do.

Ea must have missed that this is happening.
Old 10-05-2013, 10:18 AM   #21
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

OVR: 23

Can we please not discuss actual matches on TV in this thread, please? Some of us have to work and record multiple games throughout the day.

On topic though, fouls are based on the lack of aggression by the players - but also the tendency to not fall down easier (balance).

I've done database editing (PC version) and have been able to get the fouls to play right by reducing Balance, Increasing Aggression, Decrease Standing Tackle and Slide tackle, dropping agility down by 30 as well.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-05-2013, 11:00 AM   #22
MVP

BL8001's Arena

OVR: 0

Matt, now we need to get your changes to EA.

I won't discuss but even softer PK given away in another real game today. We can all agree that soft fouls are fouls now right?

The state of soccer currently is if a player goes down it's more shocking if a foul isn't called.
Old 10-05-2013, 11:51 AM   #23
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by BL8001
Matt, now we need to get your changes to EA.

I won't discuss but even softer PK given away in another real game today. We can all agree that soft fouls are fouls now right?

The state of soccer currently is if a player goes down it's more shocking if a foul isn't called.
Yes, it sucks these days the easiest of touches results in fouls. This is why I dropped balance all the way down to 1 (on "zero" it goes to 125 actually for some reason) and that has helped.

I think the sliders perspective needs some speculation as well though. A higher speed/acc will result in more coming together - less space, pair that up with high marking and a "tighter" line length there should be more chances for fouls.

I'm still exploring the DB. I know Yeats is the man when it comes to db editing, so I'll have to review some of the options he recommended in terms of the db only.
Old 10-05-2013, 01:35 PM   #24
Rookie

OVR: 3

I play almost solely online for clubs and while I love the addition to physicality, momentum and strength, what they need to do to balance it out is to increase the numbers of fouls called because what I'm seeing is players riding the opposition crushing the tackle button which eventually instigates the foul but is muddling up the play.

I went ona rant earlier and after playing and having a bit of an epiphany I"m fine mostly with online that's just one area that needs fixing in order to balance everything out

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen »