Home

Fouls In FIFA 14

This is a discussion on Fouls In FIFA 14 within the EA Sports FIFA Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: How Do You Feel About EA's Philosophy On Fouls
I completely agree, fouls only slow down the game 1 1.20%
I completely disagree, fouls should be more realistic 80 96.39%
I don't care either way 2 2.41%
Voters: 83. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-06-2013, 11:45 AM   #25
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: Fouls In FIFA 14

just had another ridiculous moment that i thought i'd share regarding fouls:

i was playing a kickoff match, where i was swansea and playing southampton. in the box on my end, ashley williams and rickie lambert just run into each other (neither had the ball) and lambert is awarded the penalty. just for running into each other! minutes later, i had bony 1 v 1 with boruc and out of nowhere lovren undercuts bony's legs from under him in the box and no penalty. lovren didn't even touch the ball, just took out bony's legs. i was shocked at the no call, but two players that just run into one another warrants a penalty? it's really getting frustrating when things like this keep happening.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-07-2013, 08:05 AM   #26
MVP

BL8001's Arena

OVR: 0

Mpt. Yep I have had similar things happen.

I guess it wouldn't be so bad if these things (blown or phantom calls) happened every 40 or so matches but I am seeing blatant fouls and no call almost every other game.

They put refs in, variable refs and the linesman are the strictest with judgement I have ever seen and almost zero fouls called on the pitch.
Old 10-07-2013, 08:29 AM   #27
MVP

geisterhome's Arena

OVR: 44

yet another year were fifa remains unplayable. I had enough acard fun with soccer.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

-Glad to be an Operation Sports Member!-
Old 10-07-2013, 09:28 AM   #28
MVP

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by geisterhome
yet another year were fifa remains unplayable.
Fouls are very fixable and FIFA 14 is more than playable. It's a terrific game.

Last edited by Yeats; 10-07-2013 at 10:23 AM.
Old 10-07-2013, 11:19 AM   #29
MVP

BL8001's Arena

I would hope it works this way currently but if it doesn't, why?

Every Ref should have a vision cone just like that Madden Passing Cone thing a few years ago.

So now within that cone if there is body to body contact a strict Ref should whistle it a foul 89% of the time. A Normal ref 72% and a lenient ref 50%.

Or whatever you want to set the ratios at EA.

Too many times I see what should be called fouls, I go into replay and switch to orbit cam, find the ref and yep he is staring right at it. Blow the whistle already.

I have also seen the ref out of position on quick possession changes that cover distance, which is good, good job EA. But now with the vision cone of the ref if he is out of position and no foul is called on contact it would be acceptable.

You could do so many cool things with this. Imagine being dragged down in the box and not having it called but you go check the replay and you see it wasn't whistled because the refs view was obstructed by a player. But...but...the linesman has his flag up. And you are rewarded the PK because he saw it.

Old 10-07-2013, 11:29 AM   #30
Pro

OVR: 1

I haven't seen much mention of the ridiculous advantage play. It was bad last year and this year as well. If someone gets taken down in the center of the field just outside the box, the ref will not call advantage in real life because the ball was recovered by another player near the mid line, but this sort of thing happens all the time in FIFA.

If they just eliminated the excessive advantage play, you'd have a ton more fouls and free kicks.
Old 10-07-2013, 12:26 PM   #31
MVP

BL8001's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erithtotl
I haven't seen much mention of the ridiculous advantage play. It was bad last year and this year as well. If someone gets taken down in the center of the field just outside the box, the ref will not call advantage in real life because the ball was recovered by another player near the mid line, but this sort of thing happens all the time in FIFA.

If they just eliminated the excessive advantage play, you'd have a ton more fouls and free kicks.

And even worse, have you had the CPU commit a foul and then advantage and then almost exactly when advantage is over you lose possession and because it happened a millisecond after advantage turned off you get nothing.

I have had that happen many times.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-07-2013, 01:35 PM   #32
MVP

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by BL8001
And even worse, have you had the CPU commit a foul and then advantage and then almost exactly when advantage is over you lose possession and because it happened a millisecond after advantage turned off you get nothing.

I have had that happen many times.
You seem like a committed FIFA gamer. Really wish guys like you could give the PC version a try; you can essentially fix all of the issues you've continually outlined on this forum. I didn't play FIFA 10 or 11 because I was fed up with the console version and all its CPU cheat nonsense. When I got a gaming PC, the first game I bought was FIFA 12. Apart from the occasional game of Left4Dead, the only video game I've played in the past two years is FIFA. It's THAT good after modding and after addressing all the issues that can't be fixed on the console version.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen »