Home

Official FIFA 14 Custom Team Tactics (AI) Thread

This is a discussion on Official FIFA 14 Custom Team Tactics (AI) Thread within the EA Sports FIFA Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-17-2013, 08:51 PM   #81
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Official FIFA 14 Custom Team Tactics (AI) Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astro94
This is my first time using CTT for Fifa. I am really not enjoying this game but I refuse to give up on it. Using these will be the last resort though, as i've ran out of options.

So I went ahead and downloaded the latest squads so that all players would be at their correct teams (Ozil to Arsenal, Fellaini to United, etc) and edited all teams from England, Germany, France and Spain, so they all now have the CTT's assigned to them. I set up the CM by selected the options to use Customized Squads, and this message appeared;

'Current Customized squads are not eligible for leaderboards'

I thought 'OK, that shouldn't matter'. So I went ahead and got to the menu. Only when I started to change my line-up did I notice that the squad wasn't right (Fellaini wasn't at United), and then checked my Tactics to find it had been switched back to Man United Default. Which means the game reverted me to default settings after I advanced from that message.

I exited the game and tried again, doing the same thing, but after advancing from that message, I returned to the previous screen and it had reverted squads to 'Default'. I changed it, same message appeared, and everything reverted to Default again.

I have almost no patience left for this game anymore, and this is really pushing me to the limit. Is there anyway to get past this without it resetting to default everytime I advance from that message?
What console are you on? I'm playing on Xbox 360 and I'm a few games into my CM with Man Utd and the squads did not reset back into the default. I only got to update the CTT of BPL teams but its effects are obvious as non-BPL teams play a lot differently than BPL teams. In addition, Swansea and Liverpool have both played the passing game and beat my in the possession game. (I only had around 42% possession for both games)

Thanks for the CTTs, Kreb! It's changed the way FIFA plays and it feels amazing. Just a question though, is there any way to incorporate the CTTs of other squads (ie. Bundesliga, La Liga, etc) into an existing CM which only has BPL CTTs? Thanks for any help.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-17-2013, 09:20 PM   #82
is looking at stats.

Krebstar's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by adoptedscouse
Hi Krebstar, just wondering if the issue from 13 has been fixed, I remember a certain setting made cpu only do short corners etc, has this been fixed in 14 at all?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogslax41
Doesn't look like it. I've heard anything buildup speed below 42 causes this issue and I'm seeing it now. Problem is Arsenal played beautifully @ 5 and I just had a fantastic game against them as Newcastle with the exception that of the 9 corners they had, 7 were played short. They also played all free kicks and goal kicks short.
Yeah, it still happens this year. I've just learned to live with it, even though it bothers me.
Old 10-17-2013, 09:22 PM   #83
is looking at stats.

Krebstar's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by rai27
Thanks for the CTTs, Kreb! It's changed the way FIFA plays and it feels amazing. Just a question though, is there any way to incorporate the CTTs of other squads (ie. Bundesliga, La Liga, etc) into an existing CM which only has BPL CTTs? Thanks for any help.
There is not. Some people use a second controller and put them in for the CPU before the game, but for that to work you must have chosen to play as the opposition when setting up your CM. Also, not entirely sure it works. I've heard it does, but I thought someone was having an issue with it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astro94
This is my first time using CTT for Fifa. I am really not enjoying this game but I refuse to give up on it. Using these will be the last resort though, as i've ran out of options.

So I went ahead and downloaded the latest squads so that all players would be at their correct teams (Ozil to Arsenal, Fellaini to United, etc) and edited all teams from England, Germany, France and Spain, so they all now have the CTT's assigned to them. I set up the CM by selected the options to use Customized Squads, and this message appeared;

I thought 'OK, that shouldn't matter'. So I went ahead and got to the menu. Only when I started to change my line-up did I notice that the squad wasn't right (Fellaini wasn't at United), and then checked my Tactics to find it had been switched back to Man United Default. Which means the game reverted me to default settings after I advanced from that message.

I exited the game and tried again, doing the same thing, but after advancing from that message, I returned to the previous screen and it had reverted squads to 'Default'. I changed it, same message appeared, and everything reverted to Default again.

I have almost no patience left for this game anymore, and this is really pushing me to the limit. Is there anyway to get past this without it resetting to default everytime I advance from that message?
Odd. I just tried it on PS3, and it worked. Make sure you load your squad file, and then immediately go into a new career. When that message comes up, hit okay and just keep going.

First, I disconnected my internet and tried and it worked. But when I tried with it connected, it still worked.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

BIG UPDATE

Okay guys, last big update, I swear.

I've lowered crossing for three tactics. The three that previously had the highest crossing. Light yellow, light red, and light blue.

They were just too high, and causing the teams to just go to the wings and cross almost each time. Someone pointed this out earlier, and I lowered it, but it needed to go more.

So, the highest crossing any team should now have is 60. Sorry about changing it, but it needed to be changed.

The good news is you just need to save over the current tactic with the new one, and all the tactic assignments will stay. So, just save over the current one with the new one, and you're fine. No need to reassign the tactic to other teams.

Last edited by Krebstar; 10-17-2013 at 10:44 PM.
Old 10-18-2013, 07:47 AM   #84
Rookie

hi all,

how you put in your ctts? i put now the league what i start (bundesliga) and want them if i play international to put the other teams what play against me (i have a second controller)

what do you do? you put in all big leagues like england, spain, italy and france? or only the league what you start?
Old 10-18-2013, 08:51 AM   #85
Rookie

Last question Kreb, if I update my squads, I'm assuming that the squad tactics will reset back to their defaults, but will the saved CTTs still be in their respective save slots? Ie. we won't have to manually input each tactic back, and we'd just have to ASSIGN the tactics to each team? Cheers
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-18-2013, 09:48 AM   #86
is looking at stats.

Krebstar's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by rai27
Last question Kreb, if I update my squads, I'm assuming that the squad tactics will reset back to their defaults, but will the saved CTTs still be in their respective save slots? Ie. we won't have to manually input each tactic back, and we'd just have to ASSIGN the tactics to each team? Cheers
I'm not 100% certain, but that is how it should work. Sorry I can't answer for sure. I've just never updated after putting any in.

But, tactics are saved in your profile, so you should be fine.
Old 10-18-2013, 12:36 PM   #87
is looking at stats.

Krebstar's Arena

All tactics for Brazil have been added!

As of now, the next updates will be slowly adding tactics for national teams.
Old 10-18-2013, 01:02 PM   #88
Rookie

toyo301985's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krebstar
All tactics for Brazil have been added!

As of now, the next updates will be slowly adding tactics for national teams.
Hi Krebs! It's great that you've been started with the national teams. I wanted to comment you that the Venezuelan's tactics it's somewhat similar to the tactic that Real Madrid's used to play with mourinho, when he was his manager (the venezuelan coach, Cesar Farias, even recognized that in press conferences).

thanks for your tactics again.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen »