Home

DRUNKEN FERRET'S FIFA 16 ASSISTED/SEMI SLIDERS

This is a discussion on DRUNKEN FERRET'S FIFA 16 ASSISTED/SEMI SLIDERS within the EA Sports FIFA Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-25-2015, 10:48 AM   #41
MVP

OVR: 6
Re: DRUNKEN FERRET'S FIFA 16 ASSISTED/SEMI SLIDERS

Quote:
Originally Posted by xicpanad
Yeah nost people donīt realize but the best way to defend on Fifa is actually no to get the ball but to contain, cover spaces and passing lanes. That alone makes the CPU try diferent things and make more mistakes.
I understand what you say, but im in the other side of the spectrum on this matter. I donīt want a game that plays for me, i want to be on top of the action all the time, i feel im cheesing letting the CPU defend for me and play off the ball...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-25-2015, 11:05 AM   #42
Pro

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by nunogomes
I understand what you say, but im in the other side of the spectrum on this matter. I donīt want a game that plays for me, i want to be on top of the action all the time, i feel im cheesing letting the CPU defend for me and play off the ball...

Ah don.t worry. That's just part of the strategy. Defending also needs the other part where you actually press, I just use it when its really needed or in last resort... But sure it's necessary.
Old 09-25-2015, 11:23 AM   #43
VFL

kwebbvols4423's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by nunogomes
Oooooh... so thatīs why... bummer i guess. I like to control the closest man to the ball in all games (NBA, NHL...).
I usually do too, but for slider testing I want to see what my back line would do.
Old 09-25-2015, 09:28 PM   #44
MVP

drunkenferret's Arena

OVR: 2

Guys,

I'm loving the way these play right now, and honestly I'm playing all assisted at the moment...it's how I get used to a new incarnation of the game. I'm winning and losing where I should, and I can't outspeed anyone.

I just ran a test and created another CM...used another financial takeover with Chelsea...got around 200 million pounds to buy players...I did this to see how a superstar team would play...and I've lost with this team...and had many 1-0, 2-1 wins...I don't blow out everyone, and they seem to be rare so far...like real football.

To highlight, here is the superstar team I have amassed...got over 100 million pounds total for Costa and Fabregas...and so I bought very well:

My starting lineup now:

GK: Courtois
LB: Gaya
CB: Terry
CB: Cahill (Bought Stones)
RB: Ivanovic
CDM: Matic
CDM: Pogba
LM: Hazard
CAM: James Rodriguez (paid 80 million pounds)
RM: Gareth Bale (paid 64 million pounds)
St/CF: Griezmann (paid 34 million pounds)

In past versions this front would tear teams up due to pure pace...doesn't work...even when I get out in front the cpu recovers intelligently, getting back into position to stop shots vs a cheap speed cheat. Shots are also more unpredictable...Bale missed shots that were guaranteed in the past...as have other players.

Playing with a mid range team I lose to teams I should, and playing with a top team nothing is guaranteed but in a way that makes sense.

I'll address defense in a separate post...but right now, I'm very happy with how the sliders are playing...haven't decided which CM I'm sticking with...both are fun for different reasons...this game is fun again.
Old 09-25-2015, 09:47 PM   #45
MVP

drunkenferret's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by xicpanad
Yeah nost people donīt realize but the best way to defend on Fifa is actually no to get the ball but to contain, cover spaces and passing lanes. That alone makes the CPU try diferent things and make more mistakes.
DING DING DING!!!

We have a winner! This is the key to defense. Contain, and take your chances when you get them...I also press high as soon as I lose possession...if I'm caught defending in and around my box it is crunch time...near your box one mistake often means GOAL!!!

I love this because it mirrors reality. As a keeper the time to defend is outside of the 18 yard box. Once the attackers are in it, everything becomes dicey, so just like in real life defending means the most outside of the box, and finally games are won and lost in the midfield.

Rules I play by: In opponents half I chase and press relentlessly hoping for an interception by forcing a bad pass. In my half I do the same, unles they get in the final third...then it's everything I can do to clear the ball out of my final third. I'm starting to get clean sheets so I'm getting the hang of the new FIFA, but take a break and they'll string some great passes together.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-25-2015, 11:43 PM   #46
VFL

kwebbvols4423's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by drunkenferret
Guys,

I'm loving the way these play right now, and honestly I'm playing all assisted at the moment...it's how I get used to a new incarnation of the game. I'm winning and losing where I should, and I can't outspeed anyone.

I just ran a test and created another CM...used another financial takeover with Chelsea...got around 200 million pounds to buy players...I did this to see how a superstar team would play...and I've lost with this team...and had many 1-0, 2-1 wins...I don't blow out everyone, and they seem to be rare so far...like real football.

To highlight, here is the superstar team I have amassed...got over 100 million pounds total for Costa and Fabregas...and so I bought very well:

My starting lineup now:

GK: Courtois
LB: Gaya
CB: Terry
CB: Cahill (Bought Stones)
RB: Ivanovic
CDM: Matic
CDM: Pogba
LM: Hazard
CAM: James Rodriguez (paid 80 million pounds)
RM: Gareth Bale (paid 64 million pounds)
St/CF: Griezmann (paid 34 million pounds)

In past versions this front would tear teams up due to pure pace...doesn't work...even when I get out in front the cpu recovers intelligently, getting back into position to stop shots vs a cheap speed cheat. Shots are also more unpredictable...Bale missed shots that were guaranteed in the past...as have other players.

Playing with a mid range team I lose to teams I should, and playing with a top team nothing is guaranteed but in a way that makes sense.

I'll address defense in a separate post...but right now, I'm very happy with how the sliders are playing...haven't decided which CM I'm sticking with...both are fun for different reasons...this game is fun again.
I bought Stones also in my Chelsea career
Old 09-26-2015, 04:25 AM   #47
Pro

OVR: 0

Yesterday I had the strangest match... It really made me a bit disappointed, because this game was so balanced before that! I was playing in WC, and normally use the 50/49 set in acceleration and it works quite well.

Playing a career mode with Estoril, 3,5 rated team in Portugal. First matches were in a pre season tournament (wich I loved by the way, great new feature!), and I managed to go through the group fase. Next was semi final against Bolton. I had my players individual intructions set and maybe that made a diference, because my team was everywhere, literally. Bolton couldnīt find space for anything, they couldnīt make any dangerous pass in the midfield, and even when they entered the final third, there was always a CB for the clearing... They still had possession but simply couldnīt use it. It was a joy to see how well my team positioned and cuted options. That resulted in a 4-0 win!!! They were trying so hard that I caught them constantly on the break. It was beatifull and realistic.

Then, final against Wigan, and I already now that a final match in WC is going to be hard, but damn, CPU got a little unhuman there! I realise my tactic didnīt work anymore, but still, they were constantly making those stupid bullet passes (worst game feature in my opinion), like speed light fast passes, and worse, they were doing them like 3 to 5 consecutive passes like that. I couldnīt even see the ball!!! while they were passing from the midfield to edge of area and shooting first time! They did this about 5-6 times and it was awfull to watch! Very unrealistic. Shots were all missed but close enough to hate them too. I won the match 1-0, but you know that feeling, I really hated the match, very unnatural way of playing from Wigan. I got even worse when I realised they finished the match with 92% pass accuracy. Thereīs no way any team could do those consecutive bullet passes and still be able to shoot first time... horrible match indeed.

So, all this to say, Pro might be the real way to go this year, WC is just unrealistic... still, pass speed may be necessary to decrease in CPU. But Iīll keep trying on Pro level and see what happens.
Old 09-26-2015, 07:58 AM   #48
MVP

ultimatefighter's Arena

OVR: 7

I love the sliders so far, even though one game. I'm still new to the sport, Arsenal my team, Career American Challenge Cup: 1st game vs Bocas Juniors

1 Goal 0
5 Shots 9
1 SOT 2
50 Poss % 50
5 Tackles 10
1 Foul 1
1 Corner 2

Ozil scored a header at the 90th Minute.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Sliders »