Home

The Case for...Default?

This is a discussion on The Case for...Default? within the EA Sports FIFA Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-30-2015, 04:35 PM   #1
MVP

JHedges2's Arena

OVR: 12
The Case for...Default?

There's been some discussion about just playing this game on default.

I'd like to say, I've made the move to default the past 4-5 games, and I've gotten a good (and, perhaps more importantly...DIFFERENT) feel each game.

I'm playing: WC, default sliders (except injury adjustments), slow speed, 10 minute halves.

I'm telling you, give it a shot for 5 games or so and provide some feedback. You might be pleasantly surprised.

As many have noted here, the game often 'feels' different each time you play, thus making slider testing seemingly never ending. I've finally just settled on default, and am having a very pleasant experience and just playing the game.

Give it a go!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-30-2015, 05:25 PM   #2
mfp
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: The Case for...Default?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JHedges2
There's been some discussion about just playing this game on default.

I'd like to say, I've made the move to default the past 4-5 games, and I've gotten a good (and, perhaps more importantly...DIFFERENT) feel each game.

I'm playing: WC, default sliders (except injury adjustments), slow speed, 10 minute halves.

I'm telling you, give it a shot for 5 games or so and provide some feedback. You might be pleasantly surprised.

As many have noted here, the game often 'feels' different each time you play, thus making slider testing seemingly never ending. I've finally just settled on default, and am having a very pleasant experience and just playing the game.

Give it a go!
Here's the problem: this game is very, very inconsistent. Sometimes default is awesome; sometimes it's horrible. It varies game to game; it varies within games as well.

When default plays well, I prefer it over using sliders. And I am playing mostly at default right now, just because I want to see what I can accomplish in terms of results without using sliders.

WC actually has gotten too easy for me (I was scoring 3+ goals per game) and I've moved up to Legendary. I do think Legendary plays far better than WC, but the difficulty at times is just insane and you can feel helpless in defense when the CPU goes into full on attack with all its boosts.

I do think the variety is at its best, by far, with default settings. And for all this talk about getting the fundamentals right first, sorry but you can't inject into the game something that the code doesn't exist for, and after years of frustration, I'm just trying to enjoy the game for what it is rather than spend months trying to turn the game into something its not.

I'm going to continue my default CM on Legendary and see if I can manage it without sliders. I love the challenge; I love the variety; and I also think player stats seem the most important on this difficulty at default. We'll see how long I can go before going back to sliders...
Old 10-31-2015, 09:27 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 0

I too have moved on to default. Getting frustrated each time with sliders with 15 and now 16, with full manual. However this game wasnt designed for manual players, even when adjusting sliders you just ruin the balance and make a harmless cpu.

Now i play like the good old days in my PSG and Hertha Berlin, 7 min WC, default sliders and default controls. And the game provides a great challenge with variety.
Old 10-31-2015, 10:25 AM   #4
Rookie

just played a game on default and had a great experience. all the drama of the BPL and lots of unique chances that I never saw on the community sliders. I also felt more in control of my players. will be sticking with default from now on I think.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 10-31-2015, 02:19 PM   #5
Pro

Donīt want to bother anyone prefering sliders or working hard on them, but I love this game on default. Wonīt go back for sure. I can see diferent team approach, more fouls, Gk mistakes, yellow cards, red cards... whatever. Iīm playing WC and semi assisted. If people want to increase dificulty just mess with controls to manual or even semi. Iīve noticed that going from assisted pass to semi/manual passing screws defence big time. It should only be noticeable while attacking but itīs not, and our players seem to struggle to get loose balls sometimes, or tackling CPU... but on assisted everything is more balanced, my teamates are responsive etc... it might get too easy to create chances on assisted though, so 10 mins halves top is recomended for those settings. But mainly, this game on default rocks!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-31-2015, 02:29 PM   #6
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by xicpanad
But mainly, this game on default rocks!
Yes, only default, all slider settings I tried made the game poor.
Old 10-31-2015, 04:23 PM   #7
MVP

JHedges2's Arena

OVR: 12

Glad folks are trying and enjoying default! I've finally been able to log some time in my MM as opposed to overanalyzing everything with regard to sliders.

No the game isn't perfect, and it never will be. Nor will anyone be able to make it perfect (see the slider thread from 15).

Kudos to those guys and their efforts--but I agree with the post above. Play on WC semi, and if it gets too easy, start moving things to manual!
Old 10-31-2015, 05:07 PM   #8
Just started!

Smile Re: The Case for...Default?

Just started my Arsenal CM with default sliders (except injuries), absolutely refreshing gameplay. Against CSKA in a pre season friendly tournament, it had everything I get to see watching the EPL every weekend, tackles, yellow cards, physicality, goals and excitement. Just what a FIFA game should have.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Sliders »