Home

Hardcore Simulation FIFA 16 Sliders

This is a discussion on Hardcore Simulation FIFA 16 Sliders within the EA Sports FIFA Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-23-2015, 02:38 PM   #41
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: Hardcore Simulation FIFA 16 Sliders

Following the ideas of last post, I tried this set:

User/CPU
Sprint Speed - 40/40
Acceleration - 50/52
Shot Error - 60/50
Pass Error- 50/55
Shot Speed- 48/48
Pass Speed - 49/48
Injury Freq - 65/65
Injury Severity - 40/40
GK Ability- 49/50
Marking- 60/70
Run Frequency - 0/0
Line Height - 65/60
Line Length - 49/50
Line Width - 56/56
FB Positioning - 65/65
FT Control - 55/55

Stats:

Newcastle (CPU) vs Southampton

Score 1 -0
Shots 7 - 9
On target 5 - 3
Possession 45 - 55
Tackles 21 - 8
Fouls 3 - 2
Offsides 0 - 2
Corners 3 - 8
Pass accuracy 85 - 85

Southampton vs Everton (CPU)

Score 2 -0
Shots 5 - 10
On target 4 - 5
Possession 50 - 50
Tackles 16 - 19
Fouls 4 - 5
Offsides 0 - 1
Corners 1 - 5
Pass accuracy 86 - 86

It was tighter (because the increase in marking). I fear that too much marking lowers scores (although those 2 games were on 15 min halves). Will try it with higher value of Run Freq.

I can upload the videos if you want to see the difference.

Last edited by ricardodc; 11-23-2015 at 04:56 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-24-2015, 04:58 PM   #42
MVP

Todays test:

User/CPU
Sprint Speed - 50/50
Acceleration - 50/52
Shot Error - 60/50
Pass Error- 50/55
Shot Speed- 48/48
Pass Speed - 49/48
Injury Freq - 65/65
Injury Severity - 40/40
GK Ability- 49/50
Marking- 60/70
Run Frequency - 49/49
Line Height - 65/60
Line Length - 49/50
Line Width - 56/56
FB Positioning - 65/65
FT Control - 55/55

Two games. Check those videos at https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKf...saiJX9hXfWCBEA

Southampton vs Stoke City

8 goals!!! My first hat-trick! Nice animation in the end of the game... And, first bad cross ending in a direct goal ever seen in FIFA!

Rubin Kazan vs Southampton

First game played on snow.

Regards!

Follow the games live on http://www.twitch.tv/ric77pt
Old 11-28-2015, 07:56 AM   #43
MVP

Todays test:

User/CPU
Sprint Speed - 50/50 (since it doesn't do anything to top speed, it only rules the timing of jogging animation, there's no reason to change it from default)
Acceleration - 47/49 (the most important slider to set the overall pace of players and gameplay)
Shot Error - 60/50
Pass Error- 50/55
Shot Speed- 48/48
Pass Speed - 49/48
Injury Freq - 65/65
Injury Severity - 40/40
GK Ability- 49/50
Marking- 55/60 (increasing it too much doesn't add difficulty, because defenders will not cover space properly)
Run Frequency - 1/1 (even at lower values players make offensive runs, and it's the only way to make CPU slow build-up, not constantly forward)
Line Height - 65/60
Line Length - 49/50
Line Width - 56/56
FB Positioning - 65/65
FT Control - 55/55

3 games:

Newcastle (CPU) 1 vs 1 Southampton
Southampton 1 vs Everton 2 (CPU)
Watford (CPU) 0 vs 3 Southampton

Regards!

Last edited by ricardodc; 11-28-2015 at 01:25 PM.
Old 11-29-2015, 04:38 PM   #44
Pro

itbeme23's Arena

OVR: 5

Just picked up my copy of F16 on Friday. I had used Matt 10's and Orion's sliders on F15, and although they are a great set, I had to make a lot of adjustments in order to suit my skill level. I'm not a great FIFA player by any stretch, but I'm pretty good. The problem that I always had with the community sliders was my ability to generate offense. I'm pretty good with possession, and I'm pretty good defending, but I always had trouble generating shot attempts, fouls, and corners. I've finally concluded that my skill level just isn't on the World Class/Legendary levels, so finding this set was just what I was looking for. I played three games with them this morning, and it was the most fun I've had in F15 or F16 to date. Although I lost all three games, they each were extremely close stats-wise, and very realistic (as far as my limited knowledge of football stats goes). Possession percentages, fouls, corners, and pass accuracy all seem to be on point. The only changes that I've made so far have been to half length (15 minutes), because I think that shot attempts were a bit on the high side on 20 minute halves.

Overall, this is a great set!! Well done.

FYI - I'm using the set that is posted above.
Old 11-30-2015, 01:24 PM   #45
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by itbeme23
Just picked up my copy of F16 on Friday. I had used Matt 10's and Orion's sliders on F15, and although they are a great set, I had to make a lot of adjustments in order to suit my skill level. I'm not a great FIFA player by any stretch, but I'm pretty good. The problem that I always had with the community sliders was my ability to generate offense. I'm pretty good with possession, and I'm pretty good defending, but I always had trouble generating shot attempts, fouls, and corners. I've finally concluded that my skill level just isn't on the World Class/Legendary levels, so finding this set was just what I was looking for. I played three games with them this morning, and it was the most fun I've had in F15 or F16 to date. Although I lost all three games, they each were extremely close stats-wise, and very realistic (as far as my limited knowledge of football stats goes). Possession percentages, fouls, corners, and pass accuracy all seem to be on point. The only changes that I've made so far have been to half length (15 minutes), because I think that shot attempts were a bit on the high side on 20 minute halves.

Overall, this is a great set!! Well done.

FYI - I'm using the set that is posted above.
Hi!

I am very happy to help! The main idea of the thread is exactly that. To help those players that feel WC/Legendary not fun or not suitable to their skill level. Professional plays great if correctly adjusted to balance USER/CPU. That's what I am trying to do.

If you have any suggestion to the values I will be happy to test it.

Regards!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-30-2015, 02:17 PM   #46
Pro

itbeme23's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricardodc
Hi!

I am very happy to help! The main idea of the thread is exactly that. To help those players that feel WC/Legendary not fun or not suitable to their skill level. Professional plays great if correctly adjusted to balance USER/CPU. That's what I am trying to do.

If you have any suggestion to the values I will be happy to test it.

Regards!
Thanks, man.

Played another game last night, and I ended up winning on penalties. It was another very evenly played match, and most importantly, it was a lot of fun. Every game has been tightly contested with realistic stats, which is exactly what I'm looking for.

The only thing is....I think I'm using the set from 11/24, instead of the set from 11/28. I'm not 100% sure on this, but I seem to remember setting marking at 60/70. I'll have to double check this the next time I play. I imagine that change has had a significant affect on the set as a whole.
Old 11-30-2015, 02:50 PM   #47
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by itbeme23
Thanks, man.

Played another game last night, and I ended up winning on penalties. It was another very evenly played match, and most importantly, it was a lot of fun. Every game has been tightly contested with realistic stats, which is exactly what I'm looking for.

The only thing is....I think I'm using the set from 11/24, instead of the set from 11/28. I'm not 100% sure on this, but I seem to remember setting marking at 60/70. I'll have to double check this the next time I play. I imagine that change has had a significant affect on the set as a whole.
FUN and REALISTIC are very important to me while playing FIFA. Those wooouuuu moments! Even when ending 0-0 or conceding a goal I like to feel it was something that could happen IRL, not some stupid arcade trick or bug.

Also important is having a wide variety of scores and not know what to expect of a game. Just played a 2-2 draw (WBA vs Southampton) and it was great. A slow paced game but with great moments and emotion (will upload it soon).

About Marking, it's tricky. I thought increasing it would add difficulty, but I tested extremely high values and it worked the other way around - it was easier to score. I guess defenders don't cover spaces properly so a middle term is needed.

I will put in the OP the last set I played with. I am waiting for the new update v1.04 to see what needs to be changed.

Regards!

P.S.: Can you share your videos or live games?

Last edited by ricardodc; 11-30-2015 at 04:23 PM.
Old 11-30-2015, 09:42 PM   #48
Pro

itbeme23's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricardodc
FUN and REALISTIC are very important to me while playing FIFA. Those wooouuuu moments! Even when ending 0-0 or conceding a goal I like to feel it was something that could happen IRL, not some stupid arcade trick or bug.

Also important is having a wide variety of scores and not know what to expect of a game. Just played a 2-2 draw (WBA vs Southampton) and it was great. A slow paced game but with great moments and emotion (will upload it soon).

About Marking, it's tricky. I thought increasing it would add difficulty, but I tested extremely high values and it worked the other way around - it was easier to score. I guess defenders don't cover spaces properly so a middle term is needed.

I will put in the OP the last set I played with. I am waiting for the new update v1.04 to see what needs to be changed.

Regards!

P.S.: Can you share your videos or live games?
I agree with your approach on your sliders. I'm no stranger to slider-making either, as I have released sets here on OS for the last three years for MLB The Show. My main goal is to always have realistic stats, but you always need to have the "fun-factor" in mind as well. After all, it IS a video game, and it's meant to be enjoyed. I definitely think you're on the right track here.

The stats are really great. As I mentioned in the my first post to the thread, my world football knowledge is limited. Being an American, my favorite sports are American football and baseball (obviously). However, FIFA is such a great video game, and with the World Cup last year, I have started to watch soccer more regularly, albeit my main exposure to the sport has been MLS games and/or International friendlies. Getting back to my original point (stats), I looked up the stats for the 2015 MLS season, and compared them to the friendlies I've been playing recently (all MLS teams), and the stats are nearly perfect. Shot attempts, goals per game, corners, and possession percentages are very close to where they should be. The only thing that is slightly higher than MLS averages is the pass accuracy, which I imagine could be rectified by increasing the Pass Error slider, but that would really be nit-picking. Again, this is with me playing 15 minute halves using the 11/24 set, but I imagine the results would be very similar (if not better) playing with your 11/28 set. You've done an EXTREMELY good job with this set!!!

I watched your WBA vs. South Hampton game earlier today (when I was supposed to be working...LOL), and it looked like something I could've watched on real-life TV!!! That header by WBA in the 88th though....what a killer!!!

I honestly don't have a whole lot of time to play these days, so I won't be able to contribute any videos. I just happened to have some spare time this weekend because of the Thanksgiving holiday here in the U.S. However, I look forward to playing more with your slider set, and I'll contribute to the thread whenever I can!

Once again, great work!!! Try not to get slider-itis. Like we Americans say...

"IF IT AIN'T BROKE, THEN DON'T FIX IT!!!"

Cheers.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Sliders »