Home

FIFA 17 OS Community Sliders

This is a discussion on FIFA 17 OS Community Sliders within the EA Sports FIFA Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-09-2016, 04:44 PM   #1321
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: FIFA 17 OS Community Sliders

What injury sliders are you all using? Are we any closer to figuring them out?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-09-2016, 04:51 PM   #1322
Rookie

Stimuli's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel93
What injury sliders are you all using? Are we any closer to figuring them out?

I've stayed on default and still had a decent amount of injuries, varying from a few weeks and months. Probably depends on your style of play as well
Old 10-09-2016, 05:15 PM   #1323
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stimuli
I've stayed on default and still had a decent amount of injuries, varying from a few weeks and months. Probably depends on your style of play as well
Yes I think the lenths of injuries feels pretty good on defaults. I just feel I'm getting too many of them
Old 10-09-2016, 05:22 PM   #1324
Rookie

mondeslicht's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel93
An argument in favour of a high First Touch Error for sure. Take note, Matt

On 50 FT he would have taken the ball perfectly on his chest at full speed then scored with the ball never touching the grass lol
Dear Rachel, I think Robben took the ball wonderfully, he just couldn't make his mind to shoot, that's all
Old 10-09-2016, 05:23 PM   #1325
Rookie

Ligue1, I sit currently in 6th place. Am using latest set 3 with 49/50 acc. With this 49/50 account it makes the CPU play more physical (missing tackles, sliding into you witch In turns to FOULS. As you can see I accumulated some FOULS myself (I play physical) I play Worldclass, 15mins, tactical depending, slow, all manual exempt Goalkeeper. I think this is the set til they patch things up. Great job Matt and everyone that contribute to the COMMUNITY SLIDERS

Toulouse CPU- OGC NICE me.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 147604716696412267487.jpg (229.8 KB, 129 views)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-09-2016, 05:28 PM   #1326
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by mondeslicht
Dear Rachel, I think Robben took the ball wonderfully, he just couldn't make his mind to shoot, that's all
He's better than any of us for sure, but the reason he decided against it is the awkward bounce. This kind of thing isn't something you see enough of at lower FT values, yet they happen every week in every league in the world.
Old 10-09-2016, 06:09 PM   #1327
MVP

FluffyTonka's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarezar
Thank you for taking the time to read my long post and for the comments. You have made some assumptions though and I'm not sure why. At no point did I mean that people should play with completely unrealistic settings for a whole season. We all adjust the sliders a bit as we play and learn. But for TESTING purposes, we should finish a season first. I thought it was obvious but maybe I should have explained it.

One thing I should have mentioned is that once the difficulty has picked up, any new careers will retain the difficulty settings, unless you start FIFA as a different user. I'm sure you are the last person here who expects FIFA to play perfect from your first career, so this shouldn't be an issue. I know there will be thousands who will pick up FIFA and would like the setup the sliders and start playing in what the community thinks is the right set. And they will all feel very weird when they progress in their career, if the set is...uhm...set...without taking this into account. This is exactly how I felt last year.

You also say that the settings I mentioned are personal preference. I think all of them are. Yes, everything on default is rarely someone's cup of tea but whether a value is 60 or 58 or 59 comes down to personal preference.

I have never streamed a game but would it help if I did?

By the way, if you feel this feedback is of no help, I don't mind at all All I can do is share my feedback. I wasn't looking for an answer or for a drastic change in how you test. But maybe some people will read my feedback and take it into account. Most people here seem to have a very intelligent approach in adjusting their settings until they feel it's right for them, as long as they have enough information.

On a side note, I have used Set 3 since my last post and FB positioning is definitely improved. There are many games when the opposing team has a different formation and tactics, which either improves further or makes it worse - which is perfectly normal for me. I don't expect every game to be like a chess board. If you recall, about a week ago I mentioned that I was playing with 1/1 but at the time I had Height at 50. I then tried Height 65 from your set, then changed it to 60 because it was too high for me but had already changed FB back to 50. The combo of Height 60 and FB 20 you have in the set works really well so far. I tried L and W at set 3 settings and at default and I don't see a difference in how FBs play. That doesn't mean there isn't one but I don't see it. The right combination of H and FB seems was what was needed but will continue testing of course.

I can also confirm that increasing user pass error affects AI aggressiveness. But like with everything else, there will be games when this won't happen - or they will chill a bit if you are winning 3-0

(OK hopefully this was my last long post... We need the time to test the game, not read long posts)

Just touching on testing conditions. imo 'play now' & on clear is still the best mode to test in because all player's form is neutral and the conditions are the best possible for football.

So many times i'm testing and getting conflated results thanks to for and weather/ pitch conditions.

like you will get more fouls & worse pass % in the wet with players sliding for further into people & passes flying off the boot and skidding off the surface etc etc

It's why every year Matt will do sliders and get a bunch of good games out of any one set, then they suddenly "dry up" or stop working ... that's the CM factor, imo.
Old 10-09-2016, 06:36 PM   #1328
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by FluffyTonka
Just touching on testing conditions. imo 'play now' & on clear is still the best mode to test in because all player's form is neutral and the conditions are the best possible for football.

So many times i'm testing and getting conflated results thanks to for and weather/ pitch conditions.

like you will get more fouls & worse pass % in the wet with players sliding for further into people & passes flying off the boot and skidding off the surface etc etc

It's why every year Matt will do sliders and get a bunch of good games out of any one set, then they suddenly "dry up" or stop working ... that's the CM factor, imo.
Very good point

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Sliders »