Home

FIFA 17 OS Community Sliders

This is a discussion on FIFA 17 OS Community Sliders within the EA Sports FIFA Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-22-2016, 11:59 AM   #17
Hall of Fame

jb12780's Arena

OVR: 23
Re: FIFA 17 OS Community Sliders

Do instructions work as intended? Ie, if I want my CDM to stay back, will he listen or keep bombing up the pitch?

Sent from my LGLS992 using Tapatalk
Old 09-22-2016, 12:00 PM   #18
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion523
Haha, damn man I just sent you a PM about my initial thoughts, didn't realize this was even here already! You boys are quick!
As far as initial thoughts. Completely agree with the idea of "reigning it all in" slight reductions in sprint/acc combined with more significant lowering of pass speed and run frequency resulted in a really nice ebb and flow.
Positioning was the best it's ever been out of the box, and unless things change dramatically with the day one patch, line settings may only be needed for fine tuning, as opposed to full on correcting.
There's a huge huge difference in player quality. Star players stand out, and make a difference.
All over the pitch, the one on one battles are great. Once I get a handle on how to use and counteract the new shielding mechanic I feel it will be really enjoyable.
Shot and pass selection by the AI is quite varied, and it seems that thus far they are very adept at exploiting your club's weaknesses.
If you're overly aggressive on the attacking end, be prepared to pay.
Hilarious....You and I are like this, sir...just pm'd you the same thing.

Positioning is very, very good. There is a calmness to it, and then a much better, more responsive, reaction to what is happening on the pitch. So far, no ADD, but so far there is a lot of FIFA 16 code in this gameplay, a lot - and it's not like we didn't expect that. I believe that is more of a good thing because we are not needing to necessarily start from scratch.

Agreed, players stick out. I said that in my stream yesterday. I could feel my tall forward in Matty Smith (Fulham) tower over players, while Scott Parker just felt like the bruiser, energetic, midfielder he is.

Good stuff!
Old 09-22-2016, 12:02 PM   #19
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jb12780
Do instructions work as intended? Ie, if I want my CDM to stay back, will he listen or keep bombing up the pitch?

Sent from my LGLS992 using Tapatalk
Have not messed with it yet, however when I played Bayern Munich last night, Renato Sanches would tend to switch with Xabi Alonso on who would stay back. When Alonso pushed up, Sanches stayed back - resulted in multiple shots from outside by Alonso, and Sanches threaded a couple good passes into the box.
Old 09-22-2016, 12:23 PM   #20
MVP

OVR: 6

So, Matt, you are saying CPU actually shoots outside the box? Without it being first time shots?

I have to see this to believe!

Just 3 shots outside in the same game, without it being first time shots, would have me saying the problem is fixed!
Old 09-22-2016, 01:23 PM   #21
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by nunogomes
So, Matt, you are saying CPU actually shoots outside the box? Without it being first time shots?

I have to see this to believe!

Just 3 shots outside in the same game, without it being first time shots, would have me saying the problem is fixed!
It could come down to Player ID/Team ID(?), but when I jacked up shot error to 55, I started to see more shots.

@1: 59 : 58 here, Xabi Alonso took a distance shot, and then I go on to say that I think higher shot error could result in more shots from distance - like FIFA 14 was...

Last edited by Matt10; 09-22-2016 at 01:30 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-22-2016, 01:42 PM   #22
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt10
It could come down to Player ID/Team ID(?), but when I jacked up shot error to 55, I started to see more shots.

@1: 59 : 58 here, Xabi Alonso took a distance shot, and then I go on to say that I think higher shot error could result in more shots from distance - like FIFA 14 was...

Yeah, i believe in previous years the players with the long ranger (or something similar) ability would shoot, but they were very rar.

If the shot error makes them shoot a bit more it would be great, but in the end i believe a coding issue is the biggest problem about this in the last few years. And even if they shoot a bit more from the outside with the shot error higher, the probability of making a goal would be even lower, so itīs a tough balance here...
Old 09-22-2016, 01:48 PM   #23
MVP

My excitement is off the charts for this game!! Always a bag of issues with any sports game, but I couldn't stop from firing up 16' up until about the time Madden came out this year.

Also hoping the tactics stick. Such a crucial part of the game. Could never get a DMF to shield the back 4 properly... It is my favored formation to allow a DMF to stick back while the fullbacks push runs up the field. In 16' you'd see it in spots, but eventually that DMF would join the attack and really just crowd the area I'm trying to operate with slick 1-2 passing.
Old 09-22-2016, 01:49 PM   #24
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by nunogomes
Yeah, i believe in previous years the players with the long ranger (or something similar) ability would shoot, but they were very rar.

If the shot error makes them shoot a bit more it would be great, but in the end i believe a coding issue is the biggest problem about this in the last few years. And even if they shoot a bit more from the outside with the shot error higher, the probability of making a goal would be even lower, so itīs a tough balance here...
Yeah, it's a balance of types. W'll just have to see how it plays out. I'll be keeping the shot error as it has brought good things so far. Look at that Robben goal and Muller before that, still clinical.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Sliders »