Home

FIFA 17 OS Community Sliders

This is a discussion on FIFA 17 OS Community Sliders within the EA Sports FIFA Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-12-2017, 12:02 AM   #4921
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: FIFA 17 OS Community Sliders

I'm enjoying this game less n less . After playing with some adjustments giving the cpu the advantage to make it a challenge for me , I decided to come back simply cuz I had to give way too many advantages to the cpu which resulted in very unrealistic n wayyyy to tough games . But this is just ridiculous. Prior sets my CM was always with My beloved Liverpool and I've never won the league with them , nor have I ever beat Man city and Man United . But now I've switched to Southampton with this current 'set' and it's never been easier . For the first time in fifa 17 I've beat Man city and Man United every time I've played them .Pretty much all my games are like this . Just the pass accuracy makes me shake my head . Its soooooo ridiculously easy to constantly pass n just dribble forward . Yes EASY . What else would you call it . I've said it before on many occasions that the cpu just doesn't seem to care about defending . I never stop moving forward . Everyone is always open .
They are no threat at all . This is just Leicester someone might say , but it doesn't matter who I face it's not much different . And yes I play full manual and tactical defending and all that . When I used to come home from school or work the first thing I would do is go straight for my ps4 controller. Not no more . I keep telling myslef, ok maybe it was "just that match" so give it another go . People say form and what place a team is in the league may affect this so I gave it many more chances and it's always the same result . Me DOMINATING. I'm really staring to question why people are happy with this set ? Winning more games then before ? Beating teams that you really struggled against in prior sets? I just really don't understand. In prior sets I was Liverpool and I would get thumped by Watford and stoke on a regular basis. Now I'm beating Man United n Man city like they we're a league 2 side . well sorry for the long *** rant . I look forward soooo much to the wkknds so I can get some play time in and now I've lost all joy from fifa 17 . 20170311_233254_HDR.jpg

Sent from my LG-D852 using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-12-2017, 12:50 AM   #4922
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbaja22
I'm enjoying this game less n less . After playing with some adjustments giving the cpu the advantage to make it a challenge for me , I decided to come back simply cuz I had to give way too many advantages to the cpu which resulted in very unrealistic n wayyyy to tough games . But this is just ridiculous. Prior sets my CM was always with My beloved Liverpool and I've never won the league with them , nor have I ever beat Man city and Man United . But now I've switched to Southampton with this current 'set' and it's never been easier . For the first time in fifa 17 I've beat Man city and Man United every time I've played them .Pretty much all my games are like this . Just the pass accuracy makes me shake my head . Its soooooo ridiculously easy to constantly pass n just dribble forward . Yes EASY . What else would you call it . I've said it before on many occasions that the cpu just doesn't seem to care about defending . I never stop moving forward . Everyone is always open .
They are no threat at all . This is just Leicester someone might say , but it doesn't matter who I face it's not much different . And yes I play full manual and tactical defending and all that . When I used to come home from school or work the first thing I would do is go straight for my ps4 controller. Not no more . I keep telling myslef, ok maybe it was "just that match" so give it another go . People say form and what place a team is in the league may affect this so I gave it many more chances and it's always the same result . Me DOMINATING. I'm really staring to question why people are happy with this set ? Winning more games then before ? Beating teams that you really struggled against in prior sets? I just really don't understand. In prior sets I was Liverpool and I would get thumped by Watford and stoke on a regular basis. Now I'm beating Man United n Man city like they we're a league 2 side . well sorry for the long *** rant . I look forward soooo much to the wkknds so I can get some play time in and now I've lost all joy from fifa 17 . Attachment 132304

Sent from my LG-D852 using Tapatalk
Keep in mind the patch updates post 1.05 have not been generous to us at all. It is still a lot of forward-forward. It's such a balance of chosen sacrifices though. On one side you raise length, you get more bodies in front, on the other hand you lower length and now you have more compression, but less players getting into the attack.

The issue with this 1.06 and beyond is that the runs from all players are dead sprints north-south. Then the passes just follow suit. There is less shape of the beautiful 55/45/55 (HLW) that was so good before because players are warped out of position even more than before, especially with the reemergence of ADD when marking is raised. So again, HLW + Marking, the combo that must be determined, without letting things fall apart. Sorry, the 58/40/70 HLW and 78 Marking from before just couldn't keep up, and made every match a 0-0 or 1-0 result, with a less than impressive CPU attack.

So that takes it to this set. It is what it is to compensate for a lot of the post patch. Heads have been racked to get the CPU to be more of a threat, without making it arcade-like, then heads have also been racked to maintain any form of a shape defensively on both ends. I would say this set was created from a community's trial and error, and still feel very strongly of just how good it is.

I would suggest if you can identify what areas of the game that are making it easy, it would be much easier to diagnose on what can be used to combat it. There is always something, and I am particular about things like a player being out of position, or a player simply not putting up any resistance, etc.

If you are able to pass at will, that tells me there is not any resistance from the CPU. By the looks of the shot count and location, it would indicate that the midfield is being bypassed very easily - basically, no resistance, ala the theme of 1.06 and 1.07.

The thing is, adjust gradually. People always go crazy and adjust too many values. I suggest adjusting one specific value to see the desired result, and if it doesn't work, move on to another value. Only then tweak another value to compliment it (i.e. length increased for CPU only, but marking raised as they may get too far ahead of the defensive third, etc).

Overall, more detail specifically would help. I get bummed reading rants of poor experiences, because I know it's possible and there is always something to look at. I look forward to hearing your specific thoughts and how it can get more challenging. There are always options .
Old 03-12-2017, 08:17 AM   #4923
Pro

rody2k6's Arena

OVR: 5

Guys I been playing fifa 17 since January and haven't used sliders which is crazy since I had used them for all the other fifas that had them. Anyways, on the YouTube video it says world class or legendary and 10 or 15 min halves. Thing is I think 10 is way too much I usually play 7, can I use these slides for 7 minutes or am I missing having great games if I don't go to 10 minute halves?

Sent from my ASUS_Z00LD using Tapatalk

No Cheese Zone
Old 03-12-2017, 10:14 AM   #4924
MVP

First game in awhile!! Changed the user pass speed to 40 for the first half and 42 2nd half seems a lot harder than on 45 as it's abit to fast and easy to pass on 45 seemed to be more physical from the cpu to will test more also makes you use the driven pass to spread it out wide for a long pass

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by Aaron458f; 03-12-2017 at 10:39 AM.
Old 03-12-2017, 11:03 AM   #4925
MVP

Good game cpu defo seem more physical with the user on the lower pass speed as the ball takes little bit longer to get to the player and they are on you like **** forcing tackles etc

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by Aaron458f; 03-12-2017 at 03:31 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-12-2017, 11:24 AM   #4926
Pro

adoptedscouse's Arena

I'm loving this slider set, never seen so many fouls & bookings & I'm getting cpu attacking me quite a lot & this is on World Class.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 03-12-2017, 12:44 PM   #4927
MVP

OVR: 6

Been running with 49/50 ACC, and it's done wonders for my game. Just gives the CPU that little bit of extra gear to really hurt my mistakes. I've had to adjust again and stop just sprinting into every tackle.

Fun stuff!
Old 03-12-2017, 02:02 PM   #4928
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by lhsballa11
Been running with 49/50 ACC, and it's done wonders for my game. Just gives the CPU that little bit of extra gear to really hurt my mistakes. I've had to adjust again and stop just sprinting into every tackle.

Fun stuff!
I like it too.
I'm using 49/50acc for away matches now...At least until I can step up to the WC-Home/Legendary-Away set up.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Sliders »