Home

FIFA 17 Simulation Sliders

This is a discussion on FIFA 17 Simulation Sliders within the EA Sports FIFA Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: Playing CPU vs CPU default, what looks the most realistic?
Legendary 31 20.95%
World Class 51 34.46%
Professional 61 41.22%
All look the same 9 6.08%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 148. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-04-2016, 05:26 PM   #1
MVP

OVR: 0
FIFA 17 Simulation Sliders

Hi!

I am back after last year http://www.operationsports.com/forum...6-sliders.html

Again, the goal is to find a slider set that can make FIFA 17 resemble real life football. I will focus not only on gameplay but also on stats. Don't forget that the tools that are given to us (sliders) do not allow to fix all the issues and most probably compromises need to be made.

Fell free to join testing, give your thoughts and post your experiences.

My best regards!
Ricardo

User suggested configuration:
Legacy defending
Auto switching: air balls
Move assistance: none
Passing power assistance: off
Pass assist: manual
Through ball assist: manual
Shot assist: manual
Cross assist: semi or manual
Lob pass assist: manual
Save assistance: assisted

FIFA 17, Normal Speed
(for Slow Speed use acceleration 49 or 50)

Basic set:
Use these to watch CPU vs CPU games. Choose the column to match the difficulty level you want to use.

Advanced set:
Use these to play USER vs CPU. The objective is to bring more realism and diversity to gameplay, and accentuate teams and players differences. Choose the column for User and CPU sliders that match the teams rating (stars). Choose the game difficulty level and acceleration combo to fit your skill level. Use teams Custom Tactics (check the second post) to emphasize teams specific gameplay styles.

Optional setting:
Home team advantage: -1 shot error, -1 pass error and -5 FT error

NOTES:
- some other values can look more realistic (for example, lower pass speed), but unfortunately they will hurt the CPU attacking capabilities. So a balance between what looks realistic and what results realistic needs to be found;
- i don't believe fouls can be consistently raised to a realistic level, so aren't a target for testing;
- the set is made primary for 15 min halves. While it might work with 10 or 20, don't expect the same results. If you want to play other than 15 min halves, fell free to ask for advice for adjustments.

Have fun!

Last edited by ricardodc; 08-24-2017 at 04:41 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-04-2016, 05:26 PM   #2
MVP

FIFA 17 Simulation Sliders - Custom tactics

CUSTOM TACTICS

All values were estimated (calculated) from real life stats (except E League One and Two).

ADVANCED POSITIONING

To simulate the positioning adjustments teams make to adapt to their opponent strength, add the following to the basic positioning sliders values.

ADVANCED SIMULATION CUSTOM TACTICS

To simulate some of the tactic dynamics of the real sport, add to the CTTs & Positioning sliders the following values (for CPU CTTs, use the 2nd controller method).

Have fun!

Last edited by ricardodc; 08-21-2017 at 06:42 PM.
Old 10-05-2016, 04:24 AM   #3
Rookie

Re: FIFA 17 Simulation Sliders

well....I use to play fantasy Tournaments with exibhition matches cpu vs cpu.

Have you some sliders to play real cpu vs cpu matches?

Sliders with no too much goals (3-1 4-1 is good, but 6-3 7-5 unreal)

I try basic sliders (50 for all) but i have boring games.
I try to elevate defensive lines, decrease goalkeeper ability and shoot error and i find interesting games but not enough as I like.

Do you have very very real sliders?

I play legend, 6 minutes

thanks
Old 10-05-2016, 06:45 AM   #4
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by asdrubale71
well....I use to play fantasy Tournaments with exibhition matches cpu vs cpu.

Have you some sliders to play real cpu vs cpu matches?

Sliders with no too much goals (3-1 4-1 is good, but 6-3 7-5 unreal)

I try basic sliders (50 for all) but i have boring games.
I try to elevate defensive lines, decrease goalkeeper ability and shoot error and i find interesting games but not enough as I like.

Do you have very very real sliders?

I play legend, 6 minutes

thanks
Hi!

Please take a look at the first post.

Hopefully I will have a CPU vs CPU set after phase 2 is finished.

I have just started testing. It's a slow process, so if it's just me testing it will take time.

Fell free to join testing.

Cheers!

Enviado do meu GT-I8190 através de Tapatalk
Old 10-05-2016, 09:26 AM   #5
Rookie

Ok Ricardo....I'll wait 4 your test as soon as possible i pray you to show your sliders
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-05-2016, 08:08 PM   #6
Banned

(Yes it's me, I'm back from the ... how?, dont even ask) .You go clinic to work my friend !. I think the idea is interesting, but your plan is problematic because you start your value measurement with cpu vs Cpu.

Football (its called That way as Cleese explains) Is an error game. So if you want to measure the values of cpu vs. cpu, against the result (the error, etc) are encoded into the game at different levels will give you answers to what level you should / can play ?. I dont think so, Because you need the human factor, errors made by the player and you need it right away!. If the game is changing (the day it happens) style of play to adapt my / human way of playing we have accomplished much. But on the other hand, I think we should and must accept a lot of placebo.It is also what makes it difficult to make sliders, there are 1000 right and wrong ways to look at it, and whats what?. But it should not stop us, and I hope you get something good out of your test, and I am very wrong in my assessment of them.
Cheers Mate
Old 10-06-2016, 03:49 AM   #7
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Old Dane
(Yes it's me, I'm back from the ... how?, dont even ask) .You go clinic to work my friend !. I think the idea is interesting, but your plan is problematic because you start your value measurement with cpu vs Cpu.

Football (its called That way as Cleese explains) Is an error game. So if you want to measure the values of cpu vs. cpu, against the result (the error, etc) are encoded into the game at different levels will give you answers to what level you should / can play ?. I dont think so, Because you need the human factor, errors made by the player and you need it right away!. If the game is changing (the day it happens) style of play to adapt my / human way of playing we have accomplished much. But on the other hand, I think we should and must accept a lot of placebo.It is also what makes it difficult to make sliders, there are 1000 right and wrong ways to look at it, and whats what?. But it should not stop us, and I hope you get something good out of your test, and I am very wrong in my assessment of them.
Cheers Mate
Hi mate!

What a surprise! Ok. I won't ask...

I know it's not a convencional aprouch but I am willing to take the chance and see where it goes. I believe by just playing CPU vs CPU it will show the differences in gameplay in those difficulty levels. The advantage is that the user ability factor is not a variable. I just played one game and already noticed some differences. I expect the next tests to confirm my suspicious.

I am aware I might be alone on this task but I don't mind. Of course it would be great to have help but I understand that people want the work done and to just test the set.

Cheers!

Enviado do meu GT-I8190 através de Tapatalk
Old 10-06-2016, 04:07 AM   #8
Rookie

we ask only to have a real setting for the matches....nothing else......i'm a fan of exibithion games and i use to simulate champions league, serie a, europa league matching cpu vs cpu and i'm looking for a real settings

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Sliders »