Home

League patches

This is a discussion on League patches within the EA Sports FC and FIFA forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-15-2016, 07:50 PM   #1
All Star

JayD's Arena

OVR: 16
League patches

Has anyone heard if we'll see teams league patches change if they're promoted or relegated? Perhaps the change to Frostbite will allow this?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-15-2016, 08:24 PM   #2
MVP

JHedges2's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: League patches

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayD
Has anyone heard if we'll see teams league patches change if they're promoted or relegated? Perhaps the change to Frostbite will allow this?
I certainly wouldn't get my hopes up on this man
Old 09-16-2016, 03:49 PM   #3
Pro

SilverChaosVII's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by JHedges2
I certainly wouldn't get my hopes up on this man
Pretty sad that a game with as little as PES can do it but a powerhouse like EA can't pull it off.

It's little things like this that frustrate me. It can be overlooked... but seems ridiculous
Old 09-24-2016, 02:10 PM   #4
Rookie

consecutive27's Arena

OVR: 0

Once, in a previous version of Fifa, I brought up Oxford United to the Premier League over the course of several seasons. It was fun because I could put my youth players in the starting lineup right away without getting crushed. I picked one of the larger generic stadiums with the hope that it would be full when I got to the Premier League, and it was, I thought this was awesome. Then I realized the patches had not changed and I did not play that career mode again. Small thing, yes, but it can easily kill immersion. It would be awesome if this has changed.
Old 09-24-2016, 02:59 PM   #5
MVP

RogerDodger's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayD
The FIFA 17 intro features the impressive new FA Cup presentation with Chelsea playing MU but the shirts have the PL badges on when they should have FA Cup badges. A major faux pas when you think about it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-24-2016, 03:32 PM   #6
Zac
World-Class Diver

Zac's Arena

OVR: 1

This wont happen until they stop making the badges be part of the kit graphic. This is why they don't change. The badges are in the kit graphic. They are not a stand alone overlay graphic like they are in PES. I'm sure this is a change they could make without much complication. But the don't seem to care about fixing these types of things. So I doubt it ever happens.

Old 09-24-2016, 05:20 PM   #7
Rookie

KTBFFH's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZO
This wont happen until they stop making the badges be part of the kit graphic. This is why they don't change. The badges are in the kit graphic. They are not a stand alone overlay graphic like they are in PES. I'm sure this is a change they could make without much complication. But the don't seem to care about fixing these types of things. So I doubt it ever happens.
I agree. This is something that was so great about being able to mod on PC. The Cup kits, the badges, even HD kits. Can't stand to see the low resolution kits close up in replays. I still have hope that Frostbite can help with these "little things" issues as we move forward.
Old 06-05-2017, 09:24 AM   #8
All Star

JayD's Arena

OVR: 16

Maybe this year? I really can't believe that this hasn't been addressed. It's a pretty big small detail that has been overlooked. If PES can do it than why not FIFA?

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA »