Home

How's your FIFA career mode going?

This is a discussion on How's your FIFA career mode going? within the EA Sports FC and FIFA forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-24-2016, 07:59 PM   #57
Pro

RonMexico1992's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: How's your FIFA career mode going?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qb
No relation.
going to follow and check it out
Old 10-24-2016, 08:41 PM   #58
Rookie

Was going well until I lost interest and decided to say "**** it". Took over Southampton as I usually have the rule of only taking over teams that had a manager change in the offseason. Was able to wheel and deal a lot of players and turn the 56 Mio starting capital into well over 100, invested in a lot of youth, this was my team:

GK Donnarumma 81 rated (for 7 Mio)
CB Kurt Zouma 82 rated (bought him for 5 Mio plus Sedar Tasci as Chelsea had bought Varane and Martinez pushing him to fourth CB)
CB José Maria Gimenez 85 rated (bought him for 15 Mio, why they sold him like that I have no idea)
LB Grimaldo 80 rated (9 Mio)
RB Joao Cancelo 82 rated (in exchange for Cedric)
CDM Leon Goretzka 83 rated (11 Mio)
CDM Renato Sanches 82 rated (got him on a loan from Bayern with the option to buy for around 15 Mio after they had bought Verrati)
RW Leroy Sané (for around 15 Mio)
LW Gabriel (17 Mio)
ST Marcus Rashford (for 7 Mio)
ST Sanabria (for 5 Mio plus Shane Long)

as you can see I brought in some players in the Winter. My second unit, if you want to call it that, was this:

GK Alban Lafont (4 Mio) 77 rated
CB Timothy Fosu-Mensah (got him on loan from ManU with an option to buy for 4 Mio) 76 rated
CB Reece Oxford (1 Mio) 71 rated
LB Federico Matiello (on loan with an option to buy for 3 Mio) 77 rated
RB Lucas Klostermann (on loan with an option to buy for 3 Mio) 76 rated
CDM Lewis Cook (bought him for 3 mio) rated 74
CDM Corentin Tolisso (11 Mio) 82 rated
LW Charlie Musonda (got him in my second season for around 17 Mio) 81 rated
RW Gelson Martins (17 Mio) 82 rated
ST Iheanacho (got him on loan with an option to buy for 8 Mio) 80 rated
ST Breel Donald Embolo (got him on loan with an option to buy for 12 mio)

Obviously loads of them have improved quite substantially. I finished first in my first season, won the FA cup against Arsenal (who seem to have sort of a bookmark for it in this CM) and the Euroleague. Liverpool struggled massively for much of the season and spend the first 20 games on a relegation spot. They managed to go up to 15 by the end of the season. ManU hovered around 10th. Chelsea played well under Conte and came in second (around 10 points behind my team). Arsenal clinched 3rd in the last game of the season. Tottenham came fourth. Man City managed to push Leicester away from 5th in the last game of the season. I sold some players (Koziello for around 50 mio and Bouffial for around 55 Mio) and got myself Dembéle for Martins otherwise the starting 11 basically stayed the same. Won the Premier League 25 points ahead of the second which was Arsenal. Chelsea came in 3rd, Man City 4th, Tottenham 5th and ManU 6th. I beat Barcelona twice in the CL group games, went on to draw Bayern in Munich and beat them in St Mary's in the Round of 16. Had to take on Atletico next who I hammered 3:0 in Southampton and 3:0 in Madrid. Took on ManU in the Semifinal. I managed to hold on. I beat them 4:2 in Manchester and just held on to the win by losing 3:2 at home to them. I then played Paris in the final and it was a cakewalk... I simply took them apart 5:0. Rashford scored 3 incredible goals and Sanabria another 2.

I do have several good young players I scouted in my youth team. I have a CB I signed aged 15 who I trained up to a 78 from a 60 before he wanted to be promoted. High defensive workrate, defending all on 80 and above, I trained his dribbling and agility to an 80 as well, his speed is around a 75 and atm I'm working on rounding him out with passing and heading (unfortunately his heading accuracy is only 58 even though he is 6'3). I have a winger who is 17 atm and still in my youth team rated 81 atm. Dribbling skills of 90 and above (which I trained), stamina of 80 and hopefully his work rates will be great. I have another one of those who is 16 and 72 rated plus a leftback which shows promise and another centerback. So all in all I'm happy since I might be able to sell off Zouma and Gimenez the next time the offer comes and is around 60 mio.

The reason I'm getting annoyed is precisely that though. I would like to sell players of and enjoy the fruits of training them up. I turned a profit of nearly 400 mio and won the CL however, the next season I start at a budget of 60 Mio for transfers and only get invited to the most ****ty of pre-season tournaments valued at a mere 8 mio. For crying out loud I won the last two championships, FA cups and won the Euroleague and the CL yet I have a transfer budget of 60 mio even though the club turned a profit of 400 mio???? No thx... not having it. Besides I'm pretty bored with ManU having bought all the fancy strikers and even though none of them play more then a handful of games yet they don't get worse and they don't force transfers. They got Dybala, Kane, Lukaku, Ibrahimovic, Rooney, Martial, Lewandowski and some other dude. That's obscene. So why should I sell them back Rashford for 60 Mio when I can't even enjoy the money? I can't bring in big names for fun because the big clubs have completely snatched them up. Bayern has Coutinho, Mata, Rodriguez and Coutinho, ManU has all the strikers, Chelsea has Martinez, Varane, Umtiti, Bailley, Laporte and who knows who else. ManU has all the CM's on top of that. ManCity seems to have all the wingers. I mean what the hell is the point?

I can't use a small club because that would mean that I only get the commentators saying the away team or home team 99% of the time plus I would have to adjust my own transfer budget via Cheat Engine and have no PL badge and no stadium that is really mine oh and no proper fan chants. I can't take a small club in the PL because if I make it to the point where I am able to spend obscene amounts of money all the goods will be gone. So I decided to go with Arsenal. Sell off all they hold dear (Özil, Sanchez, Ramsey, Walcott, Koscielny etc.) and just do what ManU does and splash. Buy Kane and Dybala in the first season, get Martial, Sterling and anybody with talents I can get my hands on and then just rape and pillage my way through CM. Or maybe I'll use Liverpool... not sure yet. Probably more likely Kane would come to Liverpool me thinks but I probably won't get Sterling back which would suck.
Old 10-24-2016, 08:58 PM   #59
Rookie

Working on a West Ham career mode that is going very well in my 3rd year. Sold Lanzini in the offseason for 60 mil to Barca. They offered me more than my house rules would let me say no too.

One of my other house rules is that I only bring in players after they have fallen out of favor with their current team (played less than 10 league games) or am forced to way over pay. I brought in Oscar after the first season then this offseason I bought Bale for 70 million. Of course as soon as I bought him his overall started to drop.

I won the EFL cup in 2016 but haven't won anything since. I am currently 2 points behind Man U in the Premier League with 10 games left in my 3rd season

The only thing that bothers me is that Man U is collecting strikers. They currently have Zlatan, Griezmann, Benzema, Aubameyang, Dybala, Kane, Rashford.

Zlatan, Benzema, Dybala, Kane and Rashford haven't played a single game for them.
Old 10-25-2016, 12:08 AM   #60
Rookie

I started at Watford as my hornets side played with courage we finished 5th falling out of 4th on the last day as United lost to palace at old trafford. Completely discouraged on losing out of champions football I decided to join EVERTON who had finished 10th thus me losing out at making a name in Europe . We have won the efl league cup were in the fa cup semifinals and are top of the league with 11 games left we could just lift that title but anyways here's my side

Gk Sommer 85 (30 million)
Rb Hydaj 82 ( 24 million )
CB De Vrij 85 (already here when I joined)
CB Van djik 81 (bought to Watford was so solid I brought him with me 12 million
Lb Hector 81 / Mario rui 80 (19 million/ 15 million
Rdm Doucoure 82 (14 million bought from Watford and turned down 37,5 forhim
Ldm Kums 79 (4 million)
Cam Calhonoglu 83 (29 million, Barkley wanted to leave)
Rw Deulofeu 83
Lw Munain 82 (27 million from Watford )
St Milik 85 (27 million sold lukaku for 62 million to fund all these moves)
Old 10-25-2016, 05:39 AM   #61
Rookie

Finally won the Premier League with Nottingham Forest in my third season back up there, after a couple of near-misses before. Nearly got fired by missing my ridiculous financial objective though.

Managed to sign Marcus Rashford for £29m from Manchester United after CPU-managed Werder Bremen very kindly agreed to pay my £50m valuation of a £10m-rated striker.

Got some excellent youth-team players coming through too, including a 20 year-old 80-rated central midfielder and a 17 year-old left back who's already in this mid 70s. My biggest challenge at the moment is keeping everyone happy.

Going for the Champions' Cup this season after missing out the semi-finals in the previous one. Oh, and defending my PL title of course. And maybe the FA Cup too.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-25-2016, 11:44 AM   #62
Rookie

flo182's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fritzromanov
Managed to sign Marcus Rashford for £29m from Manchester United after CPU-managed Werder Bremen very kindly agreed to pay my £50m valuation of a £10m-rated striker.
WTF? Werder Bremen spent 50m on a player?

In real life they maybe got 5-10m transfer budget each season.

What I really dont understand why the Transfer Logic seems to be so out of place for some teams but not for others.

It's much better than last year but for some reason Man United seems to need 6-7 World-Class Strikers in FIFA 17 and Juventus seems to buy 7-8 World-Class CB.
Most of the other teams have a pretty realistic / balanced logic.
Old 10-25-2016, 03:54 PM   #63
Rookie

zizoux's Arena

OVR: 3

Do players always fullfill their potential?IDK Even if a player doesn't play a single match in a season, his attributes go up.
Old 10-25-2016, 04:10 PM   #64
Pro

RonMexico1992's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by zizoux
Do players always fullfill their potential?IDK Even if a player doesn't play a single match in a season, his attributes go up.
no. young players grow slowly if not playing, grow more if playing and more likely to reach potential or even pass potential

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA »