Fifa 17 Formations and Tactics - Page 4 - Operation Sports Forums
Home

Fifa 17 Formations and Tactics

This is a discussion on Fifa 17 Formations and Tactics within the EA Sports FIFA forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FIFA

Old 10-24-2016, 03:24 PM   #25
Pro

RonMexico1992's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Fifa 17 Formations and Tactics

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyCobra
I am going to try this with LC...
so your going to play against LC and give them these tactics?

LC i would give them 60 aggression, so it will be more intense, like a Barclays match.

45 for a team like Villarreal in Spain.

Streaming Career on twitch

Tactics & Other Stuff ---> Youtube
Old 10-25-2016, 06:13 PM   #26
MVP

Brahvocado's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonMexico1992
so your going to play against LC and give them these tactics?

LC i would give them 60 aggression, so it will be more intense, like a Barclays match.

45 for a team like Villarreal in Spain.
Other way around
Old 10-25-2016, 06:48 PM   #27
Pro

RonMexico1992's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brahvocado
Other way around
No. If you put the team at 30 deep, with 60 aggression they play like a BPL match. LC will still sit deep but still play physically, chasing down every ball, fast pace.

La Liga is a slower league. Villarreal is a 45 aggression because they will sit deep and play more of a contain, because thats they style in Spain.

Atleti vs Bayern & Barca in a knockout game I would even put 30 deep and 30 contain because atleti will literally sit with 10 guys behind the ball and keep everything in front of them.

60 aggression doesn't mean the teams push up further, means more intensity, more closing out the ball. Which is what you see with Leicester and any BPL match.

Streaming Career on twitch

Tactics & Other Stuff ---> Youtube
Old 10-26-2016, 12:59 PM   #28
The Captain

Krebstar's Arena

OVR: 15

I still can't do the first thing I always try and do with custom tactics and instructions, which is constant runs from the forwards and long passes up to them through the air.

Until I can get that extreme, I can't even focus on anything else. Ugh.
Old 10-26-2016, 01:38 PM   #29
Pro

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krebstar
I still can't do the first thing I always try and do with custom tactics and instructions, which is constant runs from the forwards and long passes up to them through the air.

Def not like PES tactics and formations. I have been playing around with FIFA. I have actually got some teams to play similar styles to their real life counter parts. Its not perfect but at least it is somewhat similar.
Old 10-26-2016, 02:08 PM   #30
MVP

Brahvocado's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonMexico1992
No. If you put the team at 30 deep, with 60 aggression they play like a BPL match. LC will still sit deep but still play physically, chasing down every ball, fast pace.

La Liga is a slower league. Villarreal is a 45 aggression because they will sit deep and play more of a contain, because thats they style in Spain.

Atleti vs Bayern & Barca in a knockout game I would even put 30 deep and 30 contain because atleti will literally sit with 10 guys behind the ball and keep everything in front of them.

60 aggression doesn't mean the teams push up further, means more intensity, more closing out the ball. Which is what you see with Leicester and any BPL match.
Your specific example is wrong, because Villarreal is an extremely aggressive team that plays with a heavy press.

Also, the Prem is not the most fast-paced or intense league, that is a myth perpetuated by Sky Sports. We SEEM fast because Prem teams regularly bypass the midfield completely by spraying balls out wide and avoiding it.

In fact, one of the biggest reasons Prem teams struggle in Europe (and also one of the biggest reasons Spanish teams dominate) is because our teams DON'T close down opposition on the ball enough. When teams like Barca or even Sevilla/Villarreal lose the ball they immediately swarm trying to win it back, something English teams don't do with any regularity.

Last year, the only player on Leicester that heavily pressed off the ball was Kante. The rest of the team sat back in a structured shape inviting pressure out wide (since Kante made it impossible to play through the middle), allowing their ogre-ish robo-defense to clear away any crosses that came in.
Old 10-26-2016, 03:09 PM   #31
KG
Welcome Back

KG's Arena

OVR: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krebstar

Im having the hardest time trying to get my ST/CF from NOT coming into my own half when I have the ball trying to advance the attack.

I also can't get some of my players to stay in their positions even if my tactic is Organized instead of Free Roam. And I don't mean middies, I'm talking FBs. Last match in my Everton save I had Leighton and Seamus Coleman play almost 10 mins of FIFA match time on the opposite flank. I had to literally control Baines while defending, and switch flanks which led to Seamus casually jogging back to his RB position.

FIFA desperately needs to steal PES' idea of fluid formations. I can't stand the transition from defense to attack in FIFA and vice versa. It's so rigid at times.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-26-2016, 03:24 PM   #32
MVP

Brahvocado's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by KG
Im having the hardest time trying to get my ST/CF from NOT coming into my own half when I have the ball trying to advance the attack.

I also can't get some of my players to stay in their positions even if my tactic is Organized instead of Free Roam. And I don't mean middies, I'm talking FBs. Last match in my Everton save I had Leighton and Seamus Coleman play almost 10 mins of FIFA match time on the opposite flank. I had to literally control Baines while defending, and switch flanks which led to Seamus casually jogging back to his RB position.

FIFA desperately needs to steal PES' idea of fluid formations. I can't stand the transition from defense to attack in FIFA and vice versa. It's so rigid at times.
I've been able to lessen this a bit by instructing my strikers to get in behind and press the back line off the ball. They still drop back but they don't nearly as much. Not really perfect obviously, but it's something.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FIFA »