Home

Projec10: Custom AI Tactics & Formations [FIFA 17]

This is a discussion on Projec10: Custom AI Tactics & Formations [FIFA 17] within the EA Sports FC and FIFA forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-17-2016, 06:42 PM   #33
Rookie

KingKO92's Arena

OVR: 0
Icon5 Re: Projec10: Custom AI Tactics & Formations [FIFA 17]

Any way I can help in making tactics and formations?
Old 11-18-2016, 08:31 AM   #34
Rookie

Re: Projec10: Custom AI Tactics & Formations [FIFA 17]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krebstar
For just visual ease of use and for less clutter, for now I'm going to keep it with just with the words and no numbers.
I understand what you're saying..

Just an appreciation.. Because what is intended is to improve.
I'am an spanish user, and my game is in Spanish language. It would be much easier for players' instructions to be with numbers to make it easier to edit.

We are many Spanish users or other languages from other forums that come here to get more information on custom tactics, and it would be useful that I propose.

Thank you anyway you decide what you decide.

Sorry for my english
Old 11-18-2016, 03:03 PM   #35
Rookie

fideco's Arena

The project is getting better and better every day
I really like the actual layout: it's clear and very intuitive and works like a charm..
Btw, your tactics work in a realistic way and did the trick, improving the ID Team.
Thanks again Krebstar!
Cheers
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-18-2016, 03:31 PM   #36
is looking at stats.

Krebstar's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingKO92
Any way I can help in making tactics and formations?
If you feel comfortable translating the formations and tactics to the game, I'd start taking a look at other European leagues.

Use what have been posted so far as a comparison in terms of custom tactics. Look at the extremes that exist, such as Arsenal and Man city vs teams like Burnley and Leicester.

After the premier league I'll be working on Germany—perhaps take a crack at Spain or Italy?
Old 11-18-2016, 03:34 PM   #37
Pro

OVR: 6

Krebstar, question for you. I see that you have been using Whoscored.com for the basis of your tactics. What is your process for coming up with player instructions and team instructions? I know you use heat maps, but could you elaborate if you do not mind? If not, no worries. I would love to create Serie A tactics.

You are right, extreme works best with tactics in Fifa. Thanks in advance.
Old 11-18-2016, 03:47 PM   #38
is looking at stats.

Krebstar's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyCobra
Krebstar, question for you. I see that you have been using Whoscored.com for the basis of your tactics. What is your process for coming up with player instructions and team instructions? I know you use heat maps, but could you elaborate if you do not mind? If not, no worries. I would love to create Serie A tactics.

You are right, extreme works best with tactics in Fifa. Thanks in advance.
Heat maps are great to see if a player typically moves forward, stays in one area, tracks back, etc. All those things relate to player instructions.

The other aspect of player instructions is just getting the teams to play a certain style. If you want a team to play counter and hit the ball long, you're going to need to have wide players and forwards set to "get in behind". Maybe those players don't make tons of forward runs normally, but if that's how the team plays, that's how you get them to do it in FIFA.
Old 11-18-2016, 04:04 PM   #39
Rookie

KingKO92's Arena

Quote:
If you feel comfortable translating the formations and tactics to the game, I'd start taking a look at other European leagues.

Use what have been posted so far as a comparison in terms of custom tactics. Look at the extremes that exist, such as Arsenal and Man city vs teams like Burnley and Leicester.

After the premier league I'll be working on Germany—perhaps take a crack at Spain or Italy?
Gotcha. Thanks, man.
Old 11-18-2016, 04:10 PM   #40
Pro

OVR: 6

Quote:
Heat maps are great to see if a player typically moves forward, stays in one area, tracks back, etc. All those things relate to player instructions.

The other aspect of player instructions is just getting the teams to play a certain style. If you want a team to play counter and hit the ball long, you're going to need to have wide players and forwards set to "get in behind". Maybe those players don't make tons of forward runs normally, but if that's how the team plays, that's how you get them to do it in FIFA.
Perfect thanks. What sample size are you using from the heat maps? Are you using multiple games or just 1 or 2? Sorry for all the questions just curious to see how you construct your tactics.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA »