Home

Projec10: Custom AI Tactics & Formations [FIFA 17]

This is a discussion on Projec10: Custom AI Tactics & Formations [FIFA 17] within the EA Sports FC and FIFA forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-11-2017, 10:01 PM   #433
is looking at stats.

Krebstar's Arena

OVR: 15
Re: Projec10: Custom AI Tactics & Formations [FIFA 17]

I use 15, but I get all sorts of scores. Also, I've been playing on professional. I don't get tons of time to play, so my skills have decreased.

Also, I still find it to be the most "realistic" in how the AI performs.
Old 02-12-2017, 10:29 AM   #434
Pro

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by adoptedscouse
Krebstar do you find the cpu only plays short corners or goal kicks with things like passing been at 5 like say Arsenal & Barcelona???

I remember this happening a few years ago & there was nothing that could be done, but wasn't sure if it still happens?

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

I've noticed this a lot as well. Will probably do some testing until I find a middle ground and then restart my career mode. It's frustrating seeing the AI not send balls into the box on corners when they players with good header stats.

Sent from my iPad using Operation Sports
Old 02-12-2017, 01:03 PM   #435
is looking at stats.

Krebstar's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Review
I've noticed this a lot as well. Will probably do some testing until I find a middle ground and then restart my career mode. It's frustrating seeing the AI not send balls into the box on corners when they players with good header stats.

Sent from my iPad using Operation Sports
To me it's the worst side effect of custom tactics. Each year I hope EA gives us more in-depth tactics, and uses it as a big selling point. "You're in control of the game" or some other ****. But each year, nope.

Maybe FIFA 18. Maybe.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-12-2017, 09:51 PM   #436
MVP

JHedges2's Arena

OVR: 12

I posted this in the community slider thread. Thought I'd share here too for anyone that doesn't frequent that thread to see if anyone else is getting similar results.

There has GOT to be something related to the half length having effect on difficulty. As mentioned, I played the ARS v JUV match TWICE yesterday (15 min; legendary; home), and lost 4-2 both times. The games felt different mind you, but the CPU was smart, clinical, etc. When I finished, I played my next fixture (away v Southampton), and won by my 'usual' 1-0 scoreline--on 10 min halves.

Just played it again, on 10 min halves, and beat them 3-0. They had ONE shot the entire game. Played with EXACT same lineups, tactics, match conditions. I EASILY dominated them.

Currently playing next fixture again (away So'ton)--but went to 15 minutes, and am getting smoked 2-0 not even to HT.

Not sure what's up, but I'd love if someone else could run similar tests in their CM to see if you get similar results.

I'll also mention the GK on 15 min halves are nearly unbeatable. Now, I much prefer the challenge of the 15 min games I am playing, but it's extremely difficult on these sliders.

I'll hang up and listen
Old 02-13-2017, 04:39 AM   #437
Pro

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by JHedges2
I posted this in the community slider thread. Thought I'd share here too for anyone that doesn't frequent that thread to see if anyone else is getting similar results.

There has GOT to be something related to the half length having effect on difficulty. As mentioned, I played the ARS v JUV match TWICE yesterday (15 min; legendary; home), and lost 4-2 both times. The games felt different mind you, but the CPU was smart, clinical, etc. When I finished, I played my next fixture (away v Southampton), and won by my 'usual' 1-0 scoreline--on 10 min halves.

Just played it again, on 10 min halves, and beat them 3-0. They had ONE shot the entire game. Played with EXACT same lineups, tactics, match conditions. I EASILY dominated them.

Currently playing next fixture again (away So'ton)--but went to 15 minutes, and am getting smoked 2-0 not even to HT.

Not sure what's up, but I'd love if someone else could run similar tests in their CM to see if you get similar results.

I'll also mention the GK on 15 min halves are nearly unbeatable. Now, I much prefer the challenge of the 15 min games I am playing, but it's extremely difficult on these sliders.

I'll hang up and listen
I would argue that we do not really know what is going on. When is it CTT which controls and what makes Sliders vs. CTT ?. Can not see how time should make it more demanding, besides the obvious more chances, more errors and so on. If we are to become wiser one should discard it.

1. Play a season with CTT (default Sliders)
2. Play a season with CTT ( with OS Community Sliders)
3. Play a season with EA Team Sheet (Default Sliders)
4. Play a season with EA Team Sheet ( with OS Community Sliders)

Of course, with the same Team. Perhaps we become wiser, maybe not. We grope for the wall like the blind.
Old 02-14-2017, 09:35 PM   #438
Rookie

Changes needed for 6 minute/side game

Thanks for these great team tactic. They have certainly made the game a lot more entertaining.

I usually play 6 minute per side games at normal speed with the sliders adjusted to make the opposing team as attacking as I can manage, as I don't have that much available time, and manage to enjoy the game regardless.

My question is, do i have to adjust the suggested tactics for a shorter game?
Old 02-15-2017, 09:31 AM   #439
is looking at stats.

Krebstar's Arena

Re: Changes needed for 6 minute/side game

Quote:
Originally Posted by SACanuckinOz
Thanks for these great team tactic. They have certainly made the game a lot more entertaining.

I usually play 6 minute per side games at normal speed with the sliders adjusted to make the opposing team as attacking as I can manage, as I don't have that much available time, and manage to enjoy the game regardless.

My question is, do i have to adjust the suggested tactics for a shorter game?
Even though they're shorter games, you'll still get a better variety of attack and defense styles from different teams.

- - - - -

On another note, apologies for the lack of updates recently. In the process of moving, so I haven't had much time—updates will resume next week at some point, though.
Old 02-15-2017, 07:39 PM   #440
Rookie

Thanks!

I have definitely found that teams are more difficult to break down and more varied with the individual AI changes. Still disappointed at how difficult it seems to be to program them to be a real attacking threat (if you play a high pressure attacking style yourself, which is how I set up my team)

On a feedback note - I feel teams like Barcelona, Real and Bayern could (should) be more aggressive. But. that's just me maybe.

Interestingly, I wonder if the view when playing "locked on to a player" makes the other team easier.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA »