Home

FIFA 18 Wishlist: Features We'd Like To See

This is a discussion on FIFA 18 Wishlist: Features We'd Like To See within the EA Sports FC and FIFA forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-28-2017, 04:46 PM   #1
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77
FIFA 18 Wishlist: Features We'd Like To See

With EA Play just around the corner, it won’t be long until we get our first look at FIFA 18. The next entry in EA's bestselling soccer series will incorporate the Frostbite engine for the second year running, and has already been confirmed to feature a second season of story mode, The Journey, which debuted in FIFA 17.

Ahead of the inevitable reveal, I've taken this chance to highlight a few things I'd like to see in FIFA 18 later this year. Be sure to add your own ideas to our wishlist in the comments below.

Read More - FIFA 18 Wishlist: Features We'd Like To See (Written by: Fraser Gilbert)
Platform: PS4
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-28-2017, 05:19 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0
Nice article, I agree with everything you said. I believe playing against the CPU needs to be addressed in the next game. The CPU consistently achieves over 90% passing even when they are not a 'possession' based side. I believe this happens because instead of the computer ever just playing a ball into space, or booting the ball up field (which happens all the time in real life), they will perform awkward back-passes and never show a desire to go forward. I am hoping they pay more attention the gameplay and improve the single player experience. However, I bet the only major changes will come from FUT considering kids pour hundreds of dollars into packs. FUT is also going downhill for me due to the fact that there are way to many cards being put out. The best days of FUT were back when if you came across a kid who had a inform (black card), you were surprised and envious. Now every game I play, the opponent has maybe one or two gold players, and the rest are some sort of special card. I have been playing fifa since 2010 and this is the first year I have lost interest.
Old 04-28-2017, 05:40 PM   #3
MVP

Simple Mathematics's Arena

OVR: 11
Bring back creation center!
Old 04-28-2017, 05:56 PM   #4
Rookie

SocaWarrior13's Arena

Great piece, nailed everything on the head.

One thing I'd like to see in unison with a revamped enhanced Transfer System would be more INTELLIGENT transfers. In my player career with Manchester United, we managed to end up with Dybala, Ibra AND Greizmann by the end of the season. That will never in hell happen. There also needs to be better AI roster and lineup management both against and with the CPU (player career ex.).

Player vs. Player needs to be slower paced and tactical like real world footy. It feels almost arcadeish and fast paced.

And as you mentioned, do SOMETHING to make career more engaging and interesting than having weekly training. After one season I don't care to continue.
Old 04-28-2017, 05:58 PM   #5
Rookie

SocaWarrior13's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simple Mathematics
Bring back creation center!
AND THIS!!!! It was TOO fun making my local team or a squad with my friends and playing H2H with our squads. Custom Stadia to make along with your would be a nice add a la NHL (like Fraser said lol)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-28-2017, 07:19 PM   #6
Rookie

Super down on FIFA now, with little hope for 18. Career mode is a mess and gameplay was just awful this year. Yet they keep raking it in with FUT and the metacritic scores were in the 8s for 17, so its unlikely we''ll see notable changes.
Old 04-29-2017, 10:54 AM   #7
Rookie

Badly need an online league component. Something to connect friends in battle. Much like the old Ncaa football online dynasty. Nothing pushes the game forward like bragging rights over your buddies or completing to sign that last piece that can put you over the top.
Old 04-29-2017, 12:13 PM   #8
Rookie

The penalty system is better the ever. And it aint hard at all to understand how it works ones you know the deal. So no. Please dont refer back to the FIFA 16 way and please keep it like this!!

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA »