Home

NHL 13 Ratings Revamped

This is a discussion on NHL 13 Ratings Revamped within the EA Sports NHL Last Gen Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy > EA Sports NHL Last Gen Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-16-2013, 08:05 AM   #1489
Pro

JezFranco's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: NHL 13 Ratings Revamped

Yeah, that's exactly what I mean.
I understand there needs to be some general "basic" rules for GMC, as the league could involve hundreds of players.

But for fellas like us, that play it causally only with a bunch of friends, these rules and restrictions should be possible to break.

Like "Allow any player to start a game", "Allow any player to sim to the next schedule period", "upload game settings" (so that the settings doesn't change everytime you change GM), "Allow free choice of player colour" etc.

The last one is quite obnoxious actually. When you're the home team, you are red, yellow and green on ice which is quite allright.
As away team though its like, green, blue, light blue, turquoise, pink and purple. Anything but a high end TV and those colors are very similar.
When you play offline, it's easy to change controller number to get colors that aren't so similar, but can't on GMC.

Thank you EA - This game is officially better than sex
Old 09-05-2013, 02:15 PM   #1490
Hall Of Fame

Money99's Arena

OVR: 37

It's too bad there wasn't a universal rating that could be lowered instead of many different attributes.
If you play several seasons in your Be a GM, then the ratings changes go out the window by year 2 or 3.

In MLB2K12/13, the big change was Anticipation. Reducing that to 25 for all players, the game completely changed. So even in a franchise, you just had to reduce all the fake players Anticipation and you were in business year to year.

You guys have done such a great job and I was looking forward to using some of these rosters for NHL14. I know I still will.
But not being able to use them in a Franchise mode kind of sucks.
Old 09-05-2013, 03:08 PM   #1491
MVP

Simple Mathematics's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Money99
It's too bad there wasn't a universal rating that could be lowered instead of many different attributes.
If you play several seasons in your Be a GM, then the ratings changes go out the window by year 2 or 3.

In MLB2K12/13, the big change was Anticipation. Reducing that to 25 for all players, the game completely changed. So even in a franchise, you just had to reduce all the fake players Anticipation and you were in business year to year.

You guys have done such a great job and I was looking forward to using some of these rosters for NHL14. I know I still will.
But not being able to use them in a Franchise mode kind of sucks.
I understand what you mean, but I got up to year 7 and the players were still rated fairly well. EA's generated rookies' ratings usually suck, so they don't have much of an impact except for top draft picks. Hopefully someone can figure out an editor for NHL 14 so we can edit future draft classes.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-08-2013, 11:50 AM   #1492
Just started!

OVR: 0

Ran the latest update for NHL 13 (xbox) but when I try to load the roster in the game, the file doesn't even appear. I followed the update instructions to the "T", what am I doing wrong?
Old 09-08-2013, 07:19 PM   #1493
MVP

shogunofharlem3's Arena

OVR: 12

Downloaded the xbox file from the first post. Worked great. About to start an offline GM Mode with these.

Curious when these were last updated and if there is any plan on an update for the 13/14 season?

Thanks for the work on these. Much appreciated.
Old 10-26-2013, 05:15 PM   #1494
Rookie

OVR: 2

Any update on these for this current season? Love them so far.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy > EA Sports NHL Last Gen Rosters »