Home

NHL 13 vs. NHL 12

This is a discussion on NHL 13 vs. NHL 12 within the EA Sports NHL Last Gen Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy > EA Sports NHL Last Gen Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-23-2012, 12:03 AM   #1
MVP

omega412930's Arena

OVR: 5
NHL 13 vs. NHL 12

im a die hard hockey fan so getting nhl 13 seemed right but now looking at it since the lockout my rosters on 12 are more advanced than 13 and nhl 12 got better ratings then 13 and since theres no new teams or anything with rosters i cant do myself with 12 anyone have any reasons to sell me on getting 13?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-23-2012, 12:18 AM   #2
Pro

puckhead73's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: NHL 13 vs. NHL 12

Have you played the demo? My personal opinion is that the skating engine alone is worth the pick up. It has its own little quirks and what not, but it is MILES ahead of 12. Other things that might help- the BuildyourAI breathes new life into the game, and the default AI isn't too horrible.

If rosters are your concern, there are a bunch of different roster projects available for download, each geared on its own particular focus, but you gots options.

If you haven't played the demo, do so before making your decision. But there are a bunch of things that make this an upgrade over 12.
Old 09-23-2012, 12:34 AM   #3
MVP

omega412930's Arena

OVR: 5

NO rosters arnt my concern ill spend hours making mine perfect no matter what anyway and yea i kno about the new skating engine and all it feels great off the bat but then after a few mins feels just like 12 all over again which theres no complaints there
Old 09-23-2012, 05:55 PM   #4
Rookie

AngelPingu's Arena

OVR: 4

Player ratings are better in NHL13 than in NHL12 for the simple reason that grinders aren't rated as high as good 2nd line players. Also players growth is so much better and it's built so that not too many players end up having elite attributes - since a player that has a poor season will see his attributes drop. The only concern about prospect growth is the amount of prospects that get to have 99 in several categories after a few years, but well, it's alright. It's up to you to see if you're willing to spend a lot of time in doing roster edits for NHL13. ;]

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy > EA Sports NHL Last Gen Rosters »