Home

NHL 13 Revamped: 2013-2014 Season

This is a discussion on NHL 13 Revamped: 2013-2014 Season within the EA Sports NHL Last Gen Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy > EA Sports NHL Last Gen Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-31-2013, 10:32 AM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: NHL 13 Revamped: 2013-2014 Season

3 quick questions...

Are you using EA roster #4???

Will you be changing The Phoenix Coyotes to The Arizona Coyotes???

What are you using as the Olympic Stadium??? What I was going to do, since with NHLview you can easily change tha teams arena, I was going to change all of the teams involved (tjere is no Slovenia team though) to arena.110, which is Russia's stadium.
Old 10-31-2013, 11:11 AM   #10
TrueSim Projects-Creator

Cycloniac's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by DARKNITE4LIFE
3 quick questions...

Are you using EA roster #4???

Will you be changing The Phoenix Coyotes to The Arizona Coyotes???

What are you using as the Olympic Stadium??? What I was going to do, since with NHLview you can easily change tha teams arena, I was going to change all of the teams involved (tjere is no Slovenia team though) to arena.110, which is Russia's stadium.
1. EA Roster 4 is the one where Vanek's face was added, right? If so, then yes.

2. I'm leaving their name as the Phoenix Coyotes. This is because this ame change is not expected to occur until the 2014-2015 season. Also, it doesn't make sense changing it at this time since they will still be referred to as the Phoenix Coyotes by the commentators.

3. That's a good idea regarding the Olympic Stadium. Olympic teams aren't priority right now though. Quite a bit of other things to get done first.

Old 10-31-2013, 01:48 PM   #11
Rookie

#2 Just wondering... Thanks to these tools I don't plan on buying next years game, so I'll just have to change it myself when the time comes.

#3 I do understand... Just a heada up, you'll have to use the DB editor to get The Islanders full arena name. NHLview cuts off the ending.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-31-2013, 02:14 PM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 1

Will you guys be editing the default Team AI settings so the teams play more like their respect actual teams? For example, this game was released before Colorado, Vancouver, NY, ect even played one game with new coaches and new strategies.

Also, all the teams AI have them carry and shoot far more than they should. With pass and dump bias bumped up it looks much more like an actual hockey game with the AI chasing and cycling.
Old 10-31-2013, 02:26 PM   #13
TrueSim Projects-Creator

Cycloniac's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacBradley
Will you guys be editing the default Team AI settings so the teams play more like their respect actual teams? For example, this game was released before Colorado, Vancouver, NY, ect even played one game with new coaches and new strategies.

Also, all the teams AI have them carry and shoot far more than they should. With pass and dump bias bumped up it looks much more like an actual hockey game with the AI chasing and cycling.
Yes, customizing the default AI strategies is something I plan to do as soon as Artem adds that functionality to NHLView.

I've already begun doing this, but I'd actually like some help in this regard. If you want to assist, please do PM me.

Old 10-31-2013, 02:30 PM   #14
TrueSim Projects-Creator

Cycloniac's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by DARKNITE4LIFE
#2 Just wondering... Thanks to these tools I don't plan on buying next years game, so I'll just have to change it myself when the time comes.

#3 I do understand... Just a heada up, you'll have to use the DB editor to get The Islanders full arena name. NHLview cuts off the ending.

I used the DB Editor to edit all of the NHL arena names, capacities and attendances; NHLView didn't have this functionality at the time (was using a Beta build).

I just used Nassau Coliseum for the Isles' arena name though as it is more frequently used than the full name (Nassau Veterans Memorial Coliseum) - correct me if I'm wrong though, but I'm fairly certain this is the case.

Old 10-31-2013, 05:07 PM   #15
Rookie

You're probably right, I don't watch to many teams other than Detroit. I'll just edit for the full name after release, it's not like doing either will change the commentary, but the point is for in to say the full name during EA's lame *** pre-game skate.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-31-2013, 05:15 PM   #16

Majingir's Arena

OVR: 22

So this is basically gonna be a better version of my roster, but just not as updated(since OP said rosters are as of opening day)?

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy > EA Sports NHL Last Gen Rosters »