Home

Rogie Vachon`s NHL12 Sliders (BaP Goalie/skater,all other modes)

This is a discussion on Rogie Vachon`s NHL12 Sliders (BaP Goalie/skater,all other modes) within the EA Sports NHL Last Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy > EA Sports NHL Last Gen Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-16-2011, 06:28 PM   #73
Pro

OVR: 10
Re: Rogie Vachon`s NHL12 Sliders (BaP Goalie/skater,all other modes)

What an interesting first pre-season game... We beat Dallas 4-3. We outshot them 29-25. We outhit them 12-9. We struggled in the Time On Attack category as Dallas was about a minute longer than we did. I've recorded my first breakaway in this game. On to the next pre-season game then I guess..
James Naismith visited an Indiana basketball state finals game along with 15,000 screaming fans and later wrote, that while it was invented in Massachusetts, "basketball really had its origin in Indiana, which remains the center of the sport."
Old 09-16-2011, 06:39 PM   #74
Banned

Rogie Vachon's Arena

OVR: 6

The Det/Oilers cpu vs cpu game was great,...today`s tweaking looks really good....hopefully it tranfers to when humans are involved.

Trying my BaP goalie now,....his 2nd game of pre-season?I think about to begin.
Going to play this on All Star,all other settings the same as for the cpu vs cpu.
Old 09-16-2011, 10:27 PM   #75
Banned

Rogie Vachon's Arena

Getting pretty close with the BaP goalie settings......it`s just that there are 4 MAJOR goalie bugs/glitches and HUGE HUMAN GOALIE CONTROL ISSUE.

(more on this later...)

Otherwise,....gonna be some happy goalies.

Oh yeah,....my 2nd game of BaP goalie with NHL12.....I`m 2-0-0 w/ 2.00 GAA and a .900 sv%...this 2nd game I got exp point of 23 -15 - 23...compared to the first game`s 2-5-1.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-17-2011, 08:48 AM   #76
Pro

Alright, pre-season was a complete bust for my team lol, but the regular season is here. Our first regular season game is against the Blackhawks (they have Stastny AND Ovechkin). I changed up my strategy a bit as well. I'll be back with an update.
James Naismith visited an Indiana basketball state finals game along with 15,000 screaming fans and later wrote, that while it was invented in Massachusetts, "basketball really had its origin in Indiana, which remains the center of the sport."
Old 09-17-2011, 09:31 AM   #77
Pro

What a heartbreaker.... I may have to adjust my strategy a bit, but I'll give it one more game I guess.

We lost to the Blackhawks 3-2. The Blackhawks put up 43 shots against our 18. We had 12 hits, they had 5. We had a lot of unnecessary penalties, which is what led to the Blackhawks' high shot totals lol.

I've still got Crosby on the trading block, and I'm trying to get Jim Vandermeer strictly because his player type is "tough guy". Hoping this can boost my defense up a bit (it's got an 82 right now lol)

EDIT: Actually, I'm going to simulate to the play-offs again, merely to see if we can actually get rid of Crosby in a reasonable trade. Then, I'll watch the play-off games (if we make it lol).

Last edited by dxdude2004; 09-17-2011 at 09:33 AM.
Old 09-17-2011, 01:59 PM   #78
Pro

Disappointing play-off run, as we barely skimmed our way in to take on a great Nashville team. Nashville just swept us in the best of 3 series.

So, it's a new year, and I really built the defense up (somehow we have a 99 rating for the defense). I decided to bump up the hit power up to 3/3 just to see how things look.

In our first game of the year, we took on Buffalo. A great game overall, Buffalo really tried to hold on, but San Jose just wouldn't let them take over, and the Sharks on 5-3. Both teams had 35 shots. We had 14 hits and Buffalo had 11 hits (first game I've watched to have both teams with double digits in the hit column).

I'm going to take a break from my GM mode and try out your set-up on page 1 in a game that I'll actually play in "play now".
Old 09-17-2011, 10:31 PM   #79
Banned

geoffstanek's Arena

OVR: 1

Rogie,

Im using your sliders from NHL11 on my BAP and so far the games are much closer than last year. Im going to say thats because the new goalie AI and the new contact engine. I have not noticed any bugs yet and the NEW replays are great when they highlight the player having the best game. Sorry off track...Anyway I will try these and see what the difference is..

Have you noticed that they took away a couple of sliders from the goalies...I could have sworn there were more in NHL11 than this year...

Thanks and GREAT JOB as usual!!!!
Old 09-17-2011, 11:54 PM   #80
Banned

Rogie Vachon's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by geoffstanek
Rogie,

Im using your sliders from NHL11 on my BAP and so far the games are much closer than last year. Im going to say thats because the new goalie AI and the new contact engine. I have not noticed any bugs yet and the NEW replays are great when they highlight the player having the best game. Sorry off track...Anyway I will try these and see what the difference is..

Have you noticed that they took away a couple of sliders from the goalies...I could have sworn there were more in NHL11 than this year...

Thanks and GREAT JOB as usual!!!!
You will be happier....more action,better....with a hitch.

My only complaint is the LT+RT = VH

I`d prefer it went into paddle down by default,.....and then with a modifier button "X" (during game play,only) you could toggle between LT+RT being paddle down or VH.
The way it is now,....I actually use both techniques less than I would if the above fix was made......because the movements don`t flow with the control scheme like the default paddle down did with NHL11 controls......now trying to use either technique is a clusterf.

As well.....if you use LT to go down into butterfly,in a location where you do get to go into paddle down,basically outside the paint..ONLY!!!???????,....and you choose to go into paddle down,....the goalie goes into an animation of getting back onto his feet,then dropping back down into paddle down........what the hell???
Then he keeps kicking his left leg out,like he`s pushing to the right....??????

Get the goalie controls mapped better and fix the two glitches,and then playing goal would be beyond great.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy > EA Sports NHL Last Gen Sliders »