Home

Rogie Vachon`s NHL12 Sliders (BaP Goalie/skater,all other modes)

This is a discussion on Rogie Vachon`s NHL12 Sliders (BaP Goalie/skater,all other modes) within the EA Sports NHL Last Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy > EA Sports NHL Last Gen Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-27-2011, 05:35 PM   #121
Rookie

jordyyyy's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Rogie Vachon`s NHL12 Sliders (BaP Goalie/skater,all other modes)

Any idea on how to get more realistic passing in GM mode?

Rogie, I'm using your sliders, and bumped up the pass assist (HUM) to 2 and pass accuracy (HUM) to 1 and reception (HUM) to 2.

I just finished a game on all-star playing the senators and they had over 75% passing while I was sitting barely over 50% I'm playing with leafs, so I'm taking a bunch of chances on offense (realism, right?). any idea of what I can do?

Both pass reception and pass accuracy is down to 0 for the CPU.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-27-2011, 08:07 PM   #122
Banned

Rogie Vachon's Arena

OVR: 6

bump your human pass interception slider up.

I had a few games today,.....still not happy with the sliders.

Happy with some things,not happy with others....and really ticked off because BaP goalie is crapulent the way the controls are and with the bugs in some of the animations.....almost the whole goalie package

Imagine the outrage if everytime someone went to shoot he started doing the fake shot leg kick constantly......do you think it would get fixed right away?
How about if they could only shoot when they were behind the net?

Well,that`s the equivalent of only letting us go paddle down when outside the paint........it`s a pretty useless technique way the frank out there.

Skaters biatch and complain about their poke check ability,.......what about the freaking goalies pathetic poke check,....why don`t we get one that actually does something?
Old 09-28-2011, 01:32 AM   #123
MVP

OVR: 16

Hey Rogie, how has your experience been playing "lower" teams? I'm starting to believe that ALL STAR is NOT the even playing field like EA says it was last year. I'm doing position lock on the "RD". I'm TEAM USA playing against TEAM JAPAN.

After the 2nd period, shots are way in my favor 35-4, attack time is 7mins to their 1min....stats look the way they should, right? (Buzzer!) Score is 1-1. I've played a few games against Japan...their goalie is a 70 OVR. I looked at his ratings, and I think he has 1 stat of 83 (agility). But that isn't reason enough to make him into a super goalie.

So, this tells me that either A) All Star favors the CPU goalie...but if we lower reaction time, will that affect the true "good" goalies (Luongo, Fleury, Thomas, etc).

OR...EA had this "let's balance the gameplay in an arcade fashion" thought. You can dominate the lower teams on stats, but not on the scoreboard. Frustrating.

Any thoughts?

Update: Okay..so...shots 45-10 in favor of TEAM USA...going to OT..score still 1-1. Now I'm really believing that EA pumps up the goalies on All Star. This is just crazy. He's ONLY a 70 overall rated!!

Last edited by Steven547; 09-28-2011 at 01:52 AM.
Old 09-28-2011, 02:39 AM   #124
Banned

Rogie Vachon's Arena

It`s the "easier teams that are killing me right now in season mode,....

I can beat the cpu,..but like I said,it`s a battle.

My sched with the Habs is Toronto,Jets,Calgary,Colorado,......and it`s just a battle,...like Terminator 3 where Arnold is fighting with the chick Terminator,.....just throwing everything and the kitchen sink at the cpu.

This is with "enhanced defensive awareness for all my skaters,.....and Uber Price is in net.....all 99 attributes except for puck playing frequency = 87,and aggressiveness = 75
I can guarantee you that he has not had 4 shutouts,.....he`s facing about 40+ shots per game avg,embarrasing for me,....as I could always hold the cpu to 5 or 6 shots per period max, with any other older hockey video.

He looks like a normal goalie playing at his expected level should play...he looks like an 89,despite being Uber99Man.

It just exposes how easy it is for the cpu to score with it`s uber jacked shot accuracy?I`m doubting if that slider even works.

Why can`t we get that tuned down,....instead of tuners making stick lift and poke checking easier?
Oh yeah,....just like the other stuff,..it`s just there to make us goalies look bad.

With the bugs and glitches and the controls and movements of human controlled goalies,....I can`t even stand to watch it,..let alone control it/play it.
I feel like a Special Olympian goalie trying to play with the NHL12 control configuration......plays reeetarded,looks reeetarded
Old 09-28-2011, 06:08 AM   #125
Banned

rangersfan30's Arena

OVR: 14

I used these on Superstar last night in a play now game, I was Chicago vs Tampa Bay and i thought they played quite well apart from two things which are not slider related because i have seen these things in all the sliders i have tried.

- The cpu has an ability to just take the puck from you while you are pinned to the boards, now this isn't a problem but they can just come in and take it without even having to dig for it like the user does. I have seen this since the day i started playing this and its annoying as hell, especially when the user needs to dig and fight like a madman for every puck.

- The user team just doesnt seem to pick up loose pucks or bouncing pucks if there is a cpu player near them, what i mean is its like its set for the cpu to pick up the puck and the user has to win it of them. In the users own zone my team rarely picks up any rebounds even when the puck falls right to them, its like they dont know the situation they are in. This is where i feel the cpu magnetic stick feeling comes from because they always pick up the scraps even when i get to pucks first.

Bouncing pucks are a big problem also, it takes an age for my team to get it under contol yet its like bang and the cpu has the puck on its stick. A perfect example is watch when the puck is dumped into the corner and its bouncing but you get there first yet the cpu who is behind you kills the puck stone dead and gets the puck under control. Every year this is a problem.

On superstar i notice a lot of very strange stuff that happens but doesnt happen on all star, things like i would get pinned to the boards and i would try to kick it along the boards to my other dman yet the puck makes its way right to the front of the net to the incoming cpu player, this happened on three occasions and one resulted in a goal when it hit the back of the goalie and went in. It feels fake and manufactured to keep pressure on you, i am absolutely certain when the cpu has pressure on that it affects the user passing in a way that makes even the easiest passes miss there targets. Sure you are under pressure but when the cpu gets into "i am going to score now" mode your players cant even hit a simple pass.

For the record ithe only change i made was putting pass assist at 3 and i won the game 5-3. I dont know what it is about superstar but even when i win something just doesnt sit right with me. I am actually not that into NHL 12 at the moment, between Gears 3 and just buying Deus Ex and having Arkham City and Battlefield 3 ordered i can do without the frustration NHL 12 brings.

I think these sliders are good, just like i thought Realmk's Superstar sliders were good its just something about Superstar that doesnt feel right to me.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-28-2011, 11:11 AM   #126
MVP

OVR: 16

"Sure you are under pressure but when the cpu gets into "i am going to score now" mode your players cant even hit a simple pass."

Agreed. It's also funny how my guy will get the puck, then suddenly LOSE it. (the puck just magically veers off in the direction of an opposing player in front of the net who scores.)

I think EA pumped up the AI Goalies this year as well. Like I said, I was playing a 70 ovr rated goalie for Japan, and could ONLY put up 1 goal in 45 shots. Amazing how he played like he was a 90 ovr. EA's version of "AI Goalie" is odd. A 70 ovr goalie should play like a 70 ovr goalie, not a superstar.

EA Sports: One step forward, and two steps back.
Old 09-28-2011, 11:21 AM   #127
Rookie

deagledan's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by rangersfan30
I used these on Superstar last night in a play now game, I was Chicago vs Tampa Bay and i thought they played quite well apart from two things which are not slider related because i have seen these things in all the sliders i have tried.

- The cpu has an ability to just take the puck from you while you are pinned to the boards, now this isn't a problem but they can just come in and take it without even having to dig for it like the user does. I have seen this since the day i started playing this and its annoying as hell, especially when the user needs to dig and fight like a madman for every puck.

- The user team just doesnt seem to pick up loose pucks or bouncing pucks if there is a cpu player near them, what i mean is its like its set for the cpu to pick up the puck and the user has to win it of them. In the users own zone my team rarely picks up any rebounds even when the puck falls right to them, its like they dont know the situation they are in. This is where i feel the cpu magnetic stick feeling comes from because they always pick up the scraps even when i get to pucks first.

Bouncing pucks are a big problem also, it takes an age for my team to get it under contol yet its like bang and the cpu has the puck on its stick. A perfect example is watch when the puck is dumped into the corner and its bouncing but you get there first yet the cpu who is behind you kills the puck stone dead and gets the puck under control. Every year this is a problem.

On superstar i notice a lot of very strange stuff that happens but doesnt happen on all star, things like i would get pinned to the boards and i would try to kick it along the boards to my other dman yet the puck makes its way right to the front of the net to the incoming cpu player, this happened on three occasions and one resulted in a goal when it hit the back of the goalie and went in. It feels fake and manufactured to keep pressure on you, i am absolutely certain when the cpu has pressure on that it affects the user passing in a way that makes even the easiest passes miss there targets. Sure you are under pressure but when the cpu gets into "i am going to score now" mode your players cant even hit a simple pass.

For the record ithe only change i made was putting pass assist at 3 and i won the game 5-3. I dont know what it is about superstar but even when i win something just doesnt sit right with me. I am actually not that into NHL 12 at the moment, between Gears 3 and just buying Deus Ex and having Arkham City and Battlefield 3 ordered i can do without the frustration NHL 12 brings.

I think these sliders are good, just like i thought Realmk's Superstar sliders were good its just something about Superstar that doesnt feel right to me.
this is the precise reason why i try staying away from the highest difficulty levels on any ea game.

the only exception i made was this year with jarrod's madden sliders, but that's only because he configured them in such a way to make it difficult and not "cheap" (the way they are by default).

Old 09-28-2011, 11:59 AM   #128
Banned

Rogie Vachon's Arena

That`s what I try to do with NHL,.....make it difficult but not cheap.

I don`t think EA will ever get it right....so we`ll always be in this situation.

I`ve just been very frustrated with tuning this game,and trying to play any part of it as a goalie.

I`m resigning myself to the fact that I`ll have to play NHL11 to play any goalie mode stuff,......so now I have to keep working on BaP Goalie sliders for it.

This will increase my frustration with NHL12 even more.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy > EA Sports NHL Last Gen Sliders »