Home

Rogie Vachon`s NHL12 Sliders (BaP Goalie/skater,all other modes)

This is a discussion on Rogie Vachon`s NHL12 Sliders (BaP Goalie/skater,all other modes) within the EA Sports NHL Last Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy > EA Sports NHL Last Gen Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-09-2011, 02:10 AM   #177
Pro

mikeymayhem's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: Rogie Vachon`s NHL12 Sliders (BaP Goalie/skater,all other modes)

I'm been using your sliders bang on since release. just recently ive tweaked it and heres a few things im curious about....

the passing slider says something about how it effects the likelyhood of the pass... based on attributes... do you think instead of having at 0 bump it up would change it.. or maybe it acts backwards?

also i found these made sliders made for some more puck battles and loosened up the play

stick life 4/4
poke 5/5
( it looks high but actually works perfect you'll have to try and test)

interception 3/3
( still a decent amount of interceptions but instead i find the puck doesn't get sucked into the stick right away and feels more natural and loose)

anyways thats it for now just some advice im with you in the fight to get the perfect sliders any ideas i'll glady help and test
Old 10-09-2011, 12:12 PM   #178
Banned

Rogie Vachon's Arena

OVR: 6

The passing is broken or so poorly tuned to be ARCADE it`s not funny.

If you`ve read how I edited a team to have no passing skills,no eye/hand,no puck control,......then set the sliders to make it impossible for good passing by any team,......and I still see flawless passing,never an over cooked pass,never a pass too hard or missing it`s mark where a player can`t handle it.

When one can edit a team to this extreme and nothing happens,....that`s evidence stuff broken,IMO.
Old 10-10-2011, 12:10 AM   #179
Rookie

OVR: 2

I do see what u are saying. If I edited all the QBs in Madden to have their Accuracy at 20 then we would see nothing but picks and missed targets, I think this game is designed to have tape to tape passing only though. Also I think its more geared toward the user than with ratings, though u did say u tried this with CPU vs CPU.

I guess I am just used to it because I come from NHL 2k10 where u cant fumble passes at all.
Old 10-10-2011, 01:22 AM   #180
Banned

Rogie Vachon's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by lVlAtlZiX
I do see what u are saying. If I edited all the QBs in Madden to have their Accuracy at 20 then we would see nothing but picks and missed targets, I think this game is designed to have tape to tape passing only though. Also I think its more geared toward the user than with ratings, though u did say u tried this with CPU vs CPU.

I guess I am just used to it because I come from NHL 2k10 where u cant fumble passes at all.
Yes,..imagine football where you don`t throw any incomplete passes.

Imagine baseball where the batter hit a home run every second batter,and everybody hits everything.

Imagine hitting every 3 pointer in basketball.

Now that one knows that they can fire missle passes in NHL12,then you can just throw the puck around without any worry that your guy will mishandle it.

Then why don`t the roster edits seem to have any effect in season mode?
It`s like the game defaults back to the default roster player attribute values when you go into season mode.

As I said,I`m not loading the wrong roster, I load the correct one,then double check to make sure.....then set up a season,roster is correct,.....but then you go into game play and a crippled team that shouldn`t be able to do anything against the Uber team,keeps pace easily against a cpu opponent,and plays outstanding agaisnt a human opponent.
It should be taking a beating from either one,....in any mode.

Yet that isn`t the case.

It`s is repeatable,so it`s not like the cripple team got lucky for one game.

I`ll be waiting for the patch and tuners to fix the game,....till then NHL12 is no more than a glorified demo/beta release.
Old 10-10-2011, 09:37 AM   #181
Rookie

OVR: 2

Maybe its some kind of rubberband like AI thats only on All-Star and SuperStar, try it on Pro and just see what happens.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-12-2011, 12:37 AM   #182
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogie Vachon
Yes,..imagine football where you don`t throw any incomplete passes.

Imagine baseball where the batter hit a home run every second batter,and everybody hits everything.

Imagine hitting every 3 pointer in basketball.

Now that one knows that they can fire missle passes in NHL12,then you can just throw the puck around without any worry that your guy will mishandle it.

Then why don`t the roster edits seem to have any effect in season mode?
It`s like the game defaults back to the default roster player attribute values when you go into season mode.

As I said,I`m not loading the wrong roster, I load the correct one,then double check to make sure.....then set up a season,roster is correct,.....but then you go into game play and a crippled team that shouldn`t be able to do anything against the Uber team,keeps pace easily against a cpu opponent,and plays outstanding agaisnt a human opponent.
It should be taking a beating from either one,....in any mode.

Yet that isn`t the case.

It`s is repeatable,so it`s not like the cripple team got lucky for one game.

I`ll be waiting for the patch and tuners to fix the game,....till then NHL12 is no more than a glorified demo/beta release.
Try playing with the attribute effect slider and seeing whats up. Try it when Maxed and min.
Old 10-17-2011, 02:06 AM   #183
Rookie

OVR: 0

I've been trying to change the BAP setting as a Goalie, but it is grayed out as Classic. Even when starting a new BAP.

Last edited by fafhrd; 10-17-2011 at 02:07 AM. Reason: Added to post
Old 10-20-2011, 08:16 PM   #184
Banned

Rogie Vachon's Arena

Doing some more tweaking.

Changes made,as I`m sick of slow motion hockey.

Testing the new tuner.

Still waiting for reduction of puck control and pass reception ease in a tuner.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy > EA Sports NHL Last Gen Sliders »