Home

Immerse me into NHL 14

This is a discussion on Immerse me into NHL 14 within the EA Sports NHL Legacy forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-20-2013, 02:04 AM   #1
ORIGINAL SIX FAN

13whitebread's Arena

OVR: 15
Icon5 Immerse me into NHL 14

First let me say EA sports is missing a big opportunity for sales by the product that they put out forth in the NHL series. I want this game to immerse me into the game from not only a presentation aspect but also a game play standpoint include the little things we have been talking about for years. Playoff beards for one as well as TV style presentation. I want the playoffs to feel different from not only the gameplay but from the crowd as well. All the stadiums feel the same. And where do you play a video game sport where even the lead announcer does not even cover the game anymore. Its right here with NHL hockey by EA sports. This is not a thread to rip on EA but one that I hope improves it. Every year it seems that EA starts off with the same blueprint of the game and only tweaks it. I want them to grab me and want me to play NHL 14 even when the Hockey season is over this can be attainable by more attention to detail. Sorry that's the Marine in me coming out. Help us to help you. EA has to listen to us eventually don' they? What other immersions aspects would you guys like to see?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-20-2013, 06:59 AM   #2
MVP

geisterhome's Arena

OVR: 44
Re: Immerse me into NHL 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by derektown
First let me say EA sports is missing a big opportunity for sales by the product that they put out forth in the NHL series. I want this game to immerse me into the game from not only a presentation aspect but also a game play standpoint include the little things we have been talking about for years. Playoff beards for one as well as TV style presentation. I want the playoffs to feel different from not only the gameplay but from the crowd as well. All the stadiums feel the same. And where do you play a video game sport where even the lead announcer does not even cover the game anymore. Its right here with NHL hockey by EA sports. This is not a thread to rip on EA but one that I hope improves it. Every year it seems that EA starts off with the same blueprint of the game and only tweaks it. I want them to grab me and want me to play NHL 14 even when the Hockey season is over this can be attainable by more attention to detail. Sorry that's the Marine in me coming out. Help us to help you. EA has to listen to us eventually don' they? What other immersions aspects would you guys like to see?
yes the presentation is close to nonexisting. it just doesn't feel like NHL hockey. First step would be to give most players their real cyberfaces.

-Glad to be an Operation Sports Member!-
Old 05-20-2013, 08:39 AM   #3
Rookie

SWEAT DOGG's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by geisterhome
yes the presentation is close to nonexisting. it just doesn't feel like NHL hockey. First step would be to give most players their real cyberfaces.
Yeah dude, makes me so annoyed at times, such as Rask for the Bruins they have his picture up and you can see he has curly and when he takes his Mask off in game he has short black hair, It cant be that hard to do for god sake

Old 05-20-2013, 10:49 AM   #4
MVP

Bluejaysfan65's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by geisterhome
Yeah. Nazem Kadri on the Leafs looks like some semi-Asian geek.
Old 05-20-2013, 08:30 PM   #5
Rookie

kyussmanchu's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by SWEAT DOGG
Yeah dude, makes me so annoyed at times, such as Rask for the Bruins they have his picture up and you can see he has curly and when he takes his Mask off in game he has short black hair, It cant be that hard to do for god sake
better than previous versions where he was bald.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-21-2013, 07:37 AM   #6
Rookie

SWEAT DOGG's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyussmanchu
better than previous versions where he was bald.
Haha yeah i know what you mean dude, If EA just did the little things about this game it would make it epic! Like proper faces, Real goalie masks and up to date equipment

Old 05-25-2013, 11:49 AM   #7
Rookie

DustinOverbay's Arena

As someone who really trys to immerse himself into games. I would love to see some certain things in presentation, Such as-
  1. Goalies getting exited, celebrating after win- Lundqvist is an example
  2. The Rangers saluting their fans
  3. Hell I wouldnt mind a false sport network type thing, make it cool!
  4. More realistic faces, as the Bruins guy above said, Give people they're hair and mask atleast!
  5. Custom mask maker, that would be awesome, even if it was just a bunch of options of where to put your name, what logo you want and where, and color ETC
And these are some of my ideas.

NHL- New York Rangers
MLB- New York Yankees
Old 05-25-2013, 03:34 PM   #8
MVP

bwiggy33's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by SWEAT DOGG
Haha yeah i know what you mean dude, If EA just did the little things about this game it would make it epic! Like proper faces, Real goalie masks and up to date equipment
No doubt it would make it epic. However, it all reverts back to gameplay. The little things are only good for so long if the gameplay is not up to par. There are so many of those little things (lack of cyberfaces, announcers, celebrations, etc.) that really bother me, but the gameplay overshadows all of that for me right now. If this was The Show or NBA 2k then I would be looking for the developers to be adding those types of things in. What I find interesting though is that those two games have added in the little things while still developing their gameplay. NHL's developers must be unable to do that, or chose not to.
NFL-Minnesota Vikings
NFL-Denver Broncos
NCAAF-Michigan Wolverines
NCAAH-St. Cloud State Huskies
Soccer-Chelsea

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy »