Home

Playoff mode and injuries

This is a discussion on Playoff mode and injuries within the EA Sports NHL forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-17-2015, 07:56 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Playoff mode and injuries

Me and my friend like to play best of seven playoff series and this year, there seems to be bug with injuries. We have played 4-5 best of seven series and not a single injury have happened, tested also with injuries maxed out. Many many many hard charging and dirty hits..In be a gm mode I get injuries with injury slider at 3. It seems so pointless to making a bit hit, when oppositing player just gets up and continous playing. Anyone else having same experiences? Also auto line changes and strategies not saving is big minus in this mode
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-17-2015, 12:53 PM   #2
MVP

bigwill33's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: Playoff mode and injuries

My buddy and I have experienced no injuries during any of our playoff series games.

Definitely an issue.
Old 10-18-2015, 10:59 AM   #3
MVP

THESHAMISASHAME's Arena

OVR: 3

I played over 100 games easily in Playoff mode only and havent seen 1 injury either and I had my injury slider set at 3 clicks .

Last edited by THESHAMISASHAME; 10-20-2015 at 12:56 AM.
Old 10-18-2015, 06:40 PM   #4
MVP

actionhank's Arena

OVR: 4

The injuries in general seem odd. I was playing default sliders and tuner and hadn't noticed any injuries (aside from small day-to-day ones when simming the preseason) and then as soon as I knocked the injury sliders up a notch...there were 5 injuries in two periods (maybe I just haven't played in a while, but it seems once you start moving at any speed, you can't really turn at all, no matter how agile your players may be. Tarasenko wasn't much different from Ott). 4 of my forwards (Fabbri, Schwartz, Stastny, Tarasenko) all got caught in the open ice no matter how much I tried to turn around them (I feel like I can only go through center ice and get crushed, or skate down the boards get pinned by the defenders).

I would love for EA to explain sliders and how they affect the game. It would be really helpful. Some seem not to work, but at the same time, we're all pretty much spending time guessing based on changes and the results we see.
Old 10-18-2015, 07:27 PM   #5
#AyJay

AdamJones113's Arena

OVR: 2

Injuries, based on their slider, have no middle ground. They're either incredibly rare (default and down) or too prevalent (4-5 and up). Often feels like that's the case for most sliders. I, too, would love a more in-depth explanation from EA as to how sliders work.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-20-2015, 11:42 AM   #6
Rookie

Me and my buddy do the exact same thing - play best of 7 playoff series on the same team. Never, ever, ever have had a single injury.
Old 08-19-2017, 06:53 AM   #7
Rookie

Hope they have fixed this for NHL 18, it was same in NHL 17 playoff mode...

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL »